EdTheory

Working at EdTheory: 49 Reviews

United States49 reviews

supportfeelteamexperiencecompanyworkingtimegreat

Great Experience

EdTheory is an experienced contracting agency specializing in special education in the school setting. I have worked the majority of my career with the EdTheory team and have very positive things to say for them. They are considerate and understanding to a personal level but stay professional and highly reliable. This is a diversed team that understands and respects cultural differences and needs. Comparable compensations and they provided additional support to the employees during COVID.

Pros

Accommodating, supportive, comparative benefits, reliable, consistent, open to communication

Cons

Less social and company events after COVID

Awesome company for SLPs !

My time at EdTheory has consisted of school based positions. EdTheory has helped me find good placements based on my preferences. The team at EdTheory has supported me through my CF and onwards. Highly recommended !

November 30, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy that you are having a great experience working with our team at EdTheory and that you have received the right support and mentoring during our Clinical Fellowship. We are thankful to have you as part of our team!

EdTheory insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks

Supportive staff at ed theory

I Appreciated the occasional check-ins/calls from company to make sure I had no issues in contract . They wanted to follow up on my requests and make sure I was doing ok.

November 30, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad that you are having a positive experience working with our wonderful team at EdTheory.

What is the best part of working at the company?Relationships with other care givers. Relationships with kiddos. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Trying to serve two children at the same time.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?They are helpless.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Rewarding

November 30, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to know that you are enjoying working with kids and other caregivers at our partner school district. We are always here to provide support and advocacy for you. Please feel free to reach out to our HR team or Career Specialist regarding any concerns at hr@edtheory.com that will enable us to grow positively as a company!

Flexible schedule, no benefits, low pay

Great job for a new grad and if you're interested in working in a school environment. Flexible job to have while currently in school for advancement opportunities. Unfortunately, there is no growth staying here with limited experience to gain. Huge turn over in recruiters.

November 30, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. We are glad to know you had a great experience working with our team and also with our school district partner. At EdTheory we offer tailored salary packages for each employee based on their experience, education, assignment, and location. We appreciate your transparency in sharing some of your concerns. We welcome an open line of communication that enables us to grow positively as a company. Please feel free to connect with our HR team at hr@edtheory.com.

Contract Work

I like the company. They are fair and easy to work with. Connect you to work in the community you like with good pay. Started as a temp contract was offered full time position with same pay or option to take another position.

November 30, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience working with EdTheory. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with our team and our client. We look forward to working with you again!

Flexible and very accommodating schedule, work/school balance

I am a new grad and I've been with EdTheory for almost half a year now and it's been great. I've been able to manage balancing school, work, and life working with them. I don't receive benefits/insurance because I work part time which is one of my cons to working here, but I do get a higher rate per hour because I don't get benefits which is fair and a pro to working here. If you work full time you can receive benefits and insurance but with a lower rate per hour. The management is very kind, communicative, and helpful. My breaks are short and I need to commute to other sites during my break so it's not really considered a lunch break in my opinion. Overall, I enjoy working here and working with the kids.

Pros

flexible schedule, work/school balance

Cons

short breaks, no benefits for part timers

November 30, 2022
Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoy working with the team at EdTheory and that the schedules are helping you manage your school, work, and also life. We hope to have you on board in near future as a full-time employee with all our comprehensive benefits. Our best wishes to you!

Not just a number!

Smaller company that actually cares about you and goes above and beyond to help with issues. Best company that I’ve done contract work for! Always get help in a timely manner. Good compensation compared with other remote positions. Will continue to work with EdTheory and no one else.

Pros

helpful, compensation

July 5, 2022
Thank you for leaving us feedback and the kind words. We are happy to know that you enjoy working with the team at EdTheory. We are committed to providing the right support to all our employees. Wishing you many successful years with EdTheory!

Plentiful Opportunities

I think that there is a lot to be said but also not enough. Communication is good but could be a little more straightforward and clear instead of hurrying through phone calls when an employee has questions. The pay range is fair, medical benefits could be slightly better, and the HR is quick in replying to emails.

Pros

Quick HR answers

Cons

Unclear information or quick phone check ins

July 5, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to know that you had a good experience working with EdTheory. We apologize for things we could have done better especially in providing clear communication. We take the feedback very seriously and would work on improving to match the expectations. We would love to hear back more from you, you can write to us at hrassist@edtheory.com or call us at (925) 500-8383. Our best wishes to you!

Great management, Supervision and Support!

I enjoy working with the awesome team at EdTheory. I appreciate the accurate communication and guidance throughout the hiring process. I have received great support from the Clinical Team - training, supervision and resources to help me seamlessly transition into a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist. As an international applicant, I have received the precise information and support for all the paperwork and immigration related queries from their Immigration Department. I feel valued and supported at EdTheory, and find the environment a great one for achieving my professional goals.

March 24, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review!We are happy to know that you enjoy working with us and our team at EdTheory. Our best wishes to you!

Fun job with an amazing company!

I started with EdTheory last year and it has been the best decision I’ve ever made. My recruiter, Gracie has been extremely helpful and is always there to answer any questions I have. She is very professional and gets back to me in a timely manner. Overall this company is innovative and always transparent. I love working for EdTheory! Great management! Everyone is very nice and very communicative.

March 21, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review!We are happy to know that you are enjoying working with our team at EdTheory. It is our promise to continue giving the best support and guidance for your professional growth and development.

Very supportive environment and good leadership and clinical team

Very supportive environment and good leadership and clinical team.Overall I’m very happy to be a part of the EdTheory Team and looking forward to many years ahead. I am very appreciative about the opportunity, the clincial support and the resources to help me succeed well in the school setting.

March 21, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to know that you are enjoying the experience working at EdTheory. It is our pleasure to offer the best support and environment to succeed for all our employees.

10 Stars Company

I thought a Company like this existed only in my dreams! I would really give 10 stars if I could!! These guys are awesome! Not only super professional, but also kind and caring. They do all it takes to render a great service to the customers and to the community, but they also care a lot about the team members. They listen to you actively, they understand your needs, they help you to grow and thrive, they support your work and they make you feel part of the team from day one. This EdTheory family is such a Blessing!! Wish I'd found EdTheory a long time ago!!

Pros

Everything !!

March 21, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback!We are happy to know that you have found the job of your dreams at EdTheory. Our focus is to ensure that our employees are supported and love the experience working with our team at EdTheory. Wishing you many years of success and professional growth.

Disappointed with EdT

I was extremely disappointed with EdT for placing me at a school without them knowing the situation I’m in. I feel that as part of a hiring Agency, Their job is to ensure their employee has all work equipment necessities to be able to perform their job duties, most especially if you are hired “Full Time”. This is critical at ANY job you’re hired for. I was hired by Edtheory to start a full time job as a MH Therapist at their school-based charter school in EPA. Little did I know the condition of the place I'll be working at. I had no office, no table, no desk, no chairs, I was mostly sitting shadowing another employee who worked with children who has bx issues, conduct disorder and oppositional defiant disorder, mostly Axis 2 type in DSM. A very challenging population to work with especially if none of these children are on any type of Psychotropics and I’m a huge advocate for medication compliance given my work experience background working in inpatient Psych ward. What a difference I’ve seen what medications do for people. However, this was not the main reason I walked out of this position. The work situation was not ideal for what I had envisioned prior to accepting the job/task assigned to me. It’s how unbelievably disorganize the school was. In another “Trailer” building they just built, where I was told I would be “stationed” at, their rooms were a complete disorganize mess and likely expect me to organize and arrange all the office desk furnitures. They did not have any maintenance people working there. There was a small room to the right as you enter and its very -

Pros

None I could think of

Cons

Disorganized, Chaotic, Lack of designated space office to be able to do your work. See clients and document.

March 7, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience. As a staffing agency, our priority is to provide the best service and experience to our contractors. Unfortunately in cases like these, the organization and structure at a school partner are completely out of our control. We always advocate for our contractors and see if the situation is tenable, if not we are completely supportive of looking for redirect options or terminating the contract, with immediate effect. We take all feedback seriously and constantly look to enhance the experience of our employees. We would love to work with you for future positions and can do our best to ensure that your experience is different. Our best wishes to you!

Productive, fun, inclusive and amazing company culture!

I am happy and grateful to say that I have been working at EdTheory for almost two years. I can tell you that this is the only company where I have truly felt heard, valued, and supported. Everyone treats each other with high respect and lookouts for one another. Our company culture is what stands out to me the most from others. We value and appreciate each individual we work with, we give wonderful benefits, 401k matching, great customer experience, career growth, and a family atmosphere. EdTheory's mission and vision is to transform lives and communities locally and globally. We are able to carry-on this mission successfully because of the wonderful teachers, therapists, clients, and internal employee's we work with on a daily basis. We are so thankful for each one of them! I am excited to continue my career growth at EdTheory and help the company succeed to even higher levels! If you are looking for a school-based teaching or therapist job, please consider EdTheory. You will not regret it :)

Pros

Great benefits, 401k matching, positive culture, supportive team, fun atmosphere, diverse, and inclusive.

Cons

Nothing! :)

March 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for the kind words!We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience at EdTheory and you are getting the support for career advancement. Wishing you many successful years with EdTheory!

My Favorites!

I reached out to EdTheory when I was desperately job hunting after moving across the country. They immediately got back to me and were excited to help jumpstart my career. They helped me to get my foot into the workforce, and they continue to lookout for new opportunities they believe I would be a good fit.

Pros

They are very helpful, open-minded, and communicative.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons.

February 1, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review! We are happy to be able to provide the right support and the platform that helped you with your transition across the country. Wishing you many successful years with EdTheory!

I have enjoyed working for EdTheory

At EdTheory I have felt supported every step of the way, they are always a call away. Compensation was fair to me. I felt independent in terms of time management.

Pros

Supportive Team

February 1, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy that you are getting the right support and guidance, and enjoying your assignment. Best wishes!

The staff is available if you need assistance

Nice people, and they are there to help if needed, they provide you with what you need to work. They pay every two weeks. They offer medical and dental care.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

No paid holidays

February 1, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy that you are enjoying your assignment and receiving the right support and guidance. Wishing you many successful years with EdTheory!

A lot of upper management support.

As an educator, I work more hours than the typical 7, but it has been pleasure working at Ed Theory LLC. HR is extremely helpful and flexible with communication/meeting times.The support ranges from getting necessary equipment to reimbursement for materials and other expenses. It is an easy experience to get a response from them. You do not have to pull teeth to get guidance and direction. I highly recommend working for them.

Pros

Pay and support

Cons

Nothing so far.

February 1, 2022
Thank you for the fantastic review. We are happy that you are receiving the right support from our Team - Relationship, Recruitment, and HR! Wishing you many successful years with EdTheory!

Have your best interests

I can seriously say that EdTheory is there to ensure your job satisfaction. EdTheory will oftentimes beat other similar agencies pay rate. They also have a clear contract with exceptionally fair statements. Their benefits are also competitive. EdTheory maintains contact while on the job. They would call me every couple of weeks to see if things are okay and inquire if I am enjoying the job. They are transparent and real. I highly recommend related personnel to seek out a relationship with EdTheory.

Pros

Pay, maintain communication, want your good

Cons

n/a

February 1, 2022
Thank you for the awesome review! We take great pride in the relationship we share with all our employees. We believe in providing constant support to ensure that you are successful and enjoying your assignment. Wishing you many successful years at EdTheory!

Extremely relatable and understanding!

It's so difficult to find a company that thinks of your personal goals, your independent "life" needs, and what is best for you all around, but EdTheory surprised me! At first you read the benefits and think, ok, how much work am I going to have to do or what type of micromanaging demanding characters am I going to have to put up with to receive these benefits, but nope! They truly are committed to preparing you for interviews as they are to ensuring you are interviewing with the setting that provides you with the best fit. Their committment is beyond!! I had a life changing experience during my interview process which tends to never look good because no one wants an "excuse", but EdTheory listened, and moved forward with me. Once you're transparent and they have a good idea of who they are representing, THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU! I'd stick with them. Solid, safe and secure - that's EdTheory!

Pros

Venmo coffee money if you need a booster

Cons

n/a

February 1, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review! We are happy that we could provide you with the right support, guidance and found our communication transparent. We wish you continue your successful career as a Speech-Language Pathologist with EdTheory for years to come!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EdTheory. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare EdTheory with

• EdTheory
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?