EDU Healthcare

EDU Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States71 reviews
Always busy and fast paced. Learned new skills and management was very approachable. Enjoyed coming to work and felt that my role was important. The toughest part of the job was leaving my position.
EDU Healthcare is a very organized company, you always have someone available for you contact when needed. Flexible schedule as PRN nurse. I recommend it for a new graduate nurse or someone looking for a part time job.
Great sense of teamwork. You get to work in the school setting the the staff that you like one of their own. It's a job that feels like working with family
The positive side is a good working schedule similar to Miami Dade Public Schools Calendar. The negative side is low salary with high responsibility level. The working conditions are not the best, at least in the school where I worked.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It is a very interesting job from the professional point of view because it combines your clinical skills with the fact of working with children, you learn a lot.
EDU Healthcare has helpful staff, quick response time and very big on providing education. Every level of staff and management bare committed to your overall success.
This is a great place to gain experience working with special needs children. The staff is great and very helpful in training you with the children. A lot of teamwork.
The interview and hiring process were simple, quick, and easy. The supervisors communicate and respond on time, and everyone is willing to help their employees be successful.
I'm working per diem at the moment, I love being able to choose the school, and being able to see the treatments needed. Great group of people to work with. Supervisors are a phone call away. .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not the greatest compensation
This position is great if you have a love for children. The hours are great if you are a working parent. You get holidays, weekends, and teachers work days off. The con is pay is not great at all!
This job has very flexible hours and you can pick when and where you want to work. Nothing is pressured. Management really makes you feel like your apart of a family. All in all a great place to work
The job was misrepresented to me. I told them that as a SPED teacher I absolutely hated the inclusion setting. I was told the job was for self-contained. I went on the interview. The job was all inclusion. I declined the position. I was told that the assistant superintendent knew that I wanted self-contained and was moving teachers around to accommodate me. I took the job I showed up and it was 100% inclusion. I was able to get another job quickly.Thank GOD. I was not angry with EDU Healthcare until they refused to cut me a check for the 8 hours I worked. They are making me wait THREE weeks for my money when I need it for the gas and driving 50 miles for this bogus job. They should pay me now what they owe me. It would be the decent and kind thing to do after all I have gone through. I'm not even set up for payroll at this point. They could cut a check I do not recommend this company
Would not recommend! Poor management and micromanaged. No room for growth with this company. Very high turnover rate, people quitting constantly. No work/life balance, does not value the fact you have a family at home. When your sick your told you have to come in regardless.
Official response from EDU Healthcare
October 4, 2019
This individual could not get along with others on the team and always put themself first rather than being a team player. This individual could not deal with change well and could not adapt to a growing organization. Mentions no work/life balance but could come and go as he/she pleased, and be out for days at time taking care of personal matters. Don't believe everything you read on these posts.
My EDU representative was easy to reach. However, my colleague with EDU had a difficult time reaching her representative. Placement was great! EDU was fairly straightforward.
For me, it was the best company in terms of school base. Now they have a new RN director who doesn't know what she is talking about at all. Treat nurses badly, making them feel they don't know anything when she is the one who is lost. It does not matter that she is practically recently graduated but does not lie.
Work is good. Management is nice. Pay is the worst. No compensation for training, background check cost or any other cost! All comes out of new hire pocket/time! The only thing they provide is gloves and hand sanitizer! If money is no factor would be a good opportunity.
Great opportunity to experience pediatric care. Sometimes there is a lack of steady cases for good reliable nurses. They try to place you at a location near your home due to the low pay rate. I wouldn’t recommend EDU as a fully-time job for a person that has responsibilities because it’s not dependable income.
Pros
Interesting cases, lots of locations
Cons
Very Low pay, lack of good shifts available
Morning rounds and initial assessment, I enjoy working with the special needs students, and I also enjoy diversity in the work place. The hardest part is when the student in making faces and they are unable to express themselves.
Communication during the hiring process was very misleading. Recruiter would promise more then could provide just to get your signature on a contract. READ THE FINE PRINT
Cons
Misleading during recruitment
I have been an educator for over 30 years and I am delighted to work for an organization that truly works for the benefit of students! The EDU staff is supportive and genuinely caring. I am honored to work for such a incredible company.
Pros
Supportive
At this company, you are your own boss. Which is nice. However, there is no support. They should let nurses meet with the families and clients to determine if it would be a good match for all parties. The termination of contract fee is harsh, because sometimes the nurse is in an impossible situation and needs to quit to save and protect his/her license.