EDU Healthcare

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

EDU Healthcare Employee Reviews

Na
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMarch 8, 2018
At this company, you are your own boss. Which is nice. However, there is no support. They should let nurses meet with the families and clients to determine if it would be a good match for all parties. The termination of contract fee is harsh, because sometimes the nurse is in an impossible situation and needs to quit to save and protect his/her license.
EDU Healthcare Is a Great Company!
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILFebruary 19, 2018
EDU Healthcare is a great company to work for. The recruiters treat you like a valued professional. They go above and beyond in order to get you an appropriate job placement. In addition, the pay is great too!
Pros
Very supportive staff, very knowledgable staff
Cons
you are often the only employee from EDU Healthcare at your placement
Professional
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
EDU is great at follow-up and they believe in communication. So far all is well with the coordinators and the educational team at the Chicago work site. The staff are friendly and work well together. The students are proud of their facility and appear to be focused on their academics. The school has agreed to supply me with a personal computer and they have requested tbat I shadow certain instructors for the first few days.
Pros
Nice back-pack
Cons
None observed
Great place
Bilingual Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, TXSeptember 22, 2017
EDU Healthcare is a great place to work for. They are transparent and forthcoming with information. There is a quick response time. Any questions and/ or concerns were answered within 24 hours. I was placed in a fantastic school district. I have full-time hours, as promised.
temporary position
RN (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 8, 2017
Contract position for a school in need,nice place to work, excellent office and supporting staff.Far from home to travel for work more than an hour.Working with children in a classroom setting for educational purposes was very rewarding.Hardest part was Clinical chart review of all students for immunizations and medical issues related to beginning and ending school year.
Pros
working with children, families and staff
Cons
contract position, far from home
Productive child friendly
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Northbabylon NYAugust 3, 2017
Didn't start working there yet but as it was described to me it sounds like a productive work environment and I'm
Able to help children grow and learn .
Helpful, friendly and knowledgeable staff
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 3, 2017
The staff at EDU helped me in getting a job with the ability to move cross-country! My primary contact with EDU was always available through email, phone and text whenever I had a question. The staff made my whole job search experience run smoothly from interviews, to certifications, to new-hire paperwork and relocation!
Contract position with local school.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAJuly 26, 2017
Each person that I dealt with at EDU was helpful. My recruiter was there any time I had questions. She called to check in with me frequently throughout the year. I am looking forward to working with EDU in the future should the opportunity come up.
Pros
Great support
Cons
In contract with school, if my assigned student did not attend school, I was not allowed to work either.
Just Starting
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILJuly 25, 2017
I am new to EDU Healthcare, and I believe this is a great company. The recruiter that I have had the pleasure to work with has been very professional, knowledgeable and genuinely concerned about my needs and wants. She has made every step of the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process very easy. I have thoroughly enjoyed communicating with her and I look forward to becoming part of the team.
Pros
Great Recruiters
Cons
n/a
Great Company
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Como, TXJuly 20, 2017
Had a wonderful application, interview and hiring experience all thanks to EDU Healthcare. Khris was so extremely helpful and efficient. I'm so thankful to them for providing me with a much needed and great job at a great school.
Pros
Efficient, friendly, hardworking, very pleasant
Cons

Want to know more about EDU Healthcare?

Ask a question
Solid management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 12, 2017
Just started a summer placement, so limited experience. I can say that my on boarding was quick and very efficiently completed.

I work at a summer school for special needs students, mostly teenagers. The students are the best part of my job. I truly enjoy all of my coworkers-the most dedicated and loving people in all of education.

The hardest part of the job was not having any local person to connect with prior to the first day. I just walked in as a stranger and said, "Hi, I'm the nurse." All the paperwork had been completed through EDUHealthcare. I just felt kind of anonymous at the start. But it is working out very well.
Pros
Ease of on boarding process
Cons
Very long wait for paycheck
Great assignment unless there are issues in workplace.
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
Job was smooth, amazing and flexible, until there were issues with administration/stability of school. EDU does not honor five days notice, provide support if director of school is unethical.
Pros
easy reporting of hours, great job until issues in school
Cons
recruiters turn over regularly, EDU does not provide much support if there are problems
Great On Boarding!
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wake County, NCMarch 19, 2017
EDU Healthcare made the on boarding process easy for me! Communication was great and they quickly answered any questions I had. I love the flexibility of being able to decide how many hours I work per week.
Actively Involved and Supportive
SLP (Current Employee) –  DeKalb County, GAMarch 18, 2017
EDU helped me find a position in the area that I was actively searching. They made finding a position straight-forward and interesting. Coming from many miles away, the counselor helped me acclimate to the new environment through phone call support, even though they did not advertise as a Travel Company. Management is supportive and helpful with issues relating to the job, comprehending and explaining contractual points. I would definitely recommend this company since they are actively involved with us throughout the job search, and administration of the job.
Pros
work with 1099s
Cons
It's not a Travel company, per se.
Very good service - helpful to me, thanks!
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2017
This company was very helpful and got me a job! Thanks! I am very happy with their service. The staff is very nice and helpful. I was happy that they kept looking for jobs for me and came up with a great job.
Pros
Positive, helpful staff
Cons
no cons
Great company!!
School Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2017
A great company to work for. The administrative staff shows a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems. They're always available to lend support and guidance to employees by email and or telephone correspondence.
Pros
Open communication and willingness to assist when needed
Cons
None to report
Diverse group of team members with outgoing personalities
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2017
A typical day as a EDU Healthcare employee, includes a positive-upbeat work environment. I have enjoyed working with other clinicians employed by EDU Healthcare and students.
Pros
little travel
Cons
lunch selection
Responsive, helpful, intelligent staff
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILMarch 12, 2017
Eduhealthcare employees went the extra mile. They were responsive to employment questions related to compensation, interviewing, and follow-through. There are numerous forms that one must fill out which seem somewhat redundant, e.g. preemployment contract, intent to take a position, the fact that you have to get the position before you actually become an employee of Eduhealthcare, how one is encouraged to go for a 1099 independent contractor in order to get the highest salary, but when push comes to shove the salary was essentially the same as the base salary quoted since my benefit counselor was off that day and another counselor filled in. The hardest part of the job is the anxiety/having to learn yet another computer system, e.g. method of documenting progress, i.e.p.'s etc, learning where students classrooms are, but this is also one of the most enjoyable too- everything is new, but due to previous positions also somewhat familiar. The counselors at EDU are so supportive and helpful. When you call someone will respond and follow-up, follow-through is 100% timely, positive, and encouraging.
Pros
personable helpful staff willing to go the extra mile.
Cons
learning the new computer systems, paperwork, mastering timetables and preparing paperwork for students you just met.
Very helpful
School Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2017
(This is a third-party vendor and I will be working at a company that contracts with them for staffing.)

I appreciate that the recruiter I worked with listened to what I was looking for - instead of contacting me repeatedly for work that fell outside of the parameters I had specified. I also appreciate her persistence in contacting me!
The people I have worked with at this company were helpful and pleasant.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Herkimer County, NYJanuary 27, 2017
I am a contract Physical Therapist. My recruiter contacted me about a potential job in my prospect area. She helped set up the interview and checked in on me afterward. I work for the company, however I do not interact with other employees from this company on a daily basis. When I do have a question for my recruiter she answers it promptly.
Pros
Friendly people to work with
Cons
Have not come across any yet.