Education Affiliates Employee Reviews

Gave no training at all
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 13, 2018
I was hired on a Friday and expected to give lecture to the students on Monday - their orientation was on line and as a nursing faculty it included dental hygienist and was very basic such as "how do you get students to answer questions". When they came open for inspection for certification they realized that they did not give all the necessary training and wanted me to do all of the training on my personal time! And when you complain you are 'not a team player" and 'negative' Then they had the audacity to tell me they don't like me in this role but wanted me to teach their clinical sites? Make up your mind. No training, incompetent, and bullies - no thank you.
Pros
free parking
Cons
No training, multiple computer systems to perform duties, no leadership, non competitive pay
Overload
Teacher (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 17, 2018
International relationship and good services.better pay and good Care.have perhaps better option of allowance and caretakers.
Security guarantees and welfare considered.
Pros
Have three leave annually
Cons
Healthcate
Easy, laid back work place.
Online Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2018
The environment was very laid back. A lot of young college students worked there but also a lot of older semi-retired people. They had fun games set aside through out the day to make things laid back.
Pros
Chill place to work
Cons
Not full-time
Great place to work!
Principal Technological Trainer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 5, 2018
Great place to work. I worked there for 8 years and it was a wonderful experience. Typical day was a busy but rewarding. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye when I had to relocate.
Nice Place to Work
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMarch 28, 2018
Loved working here, but accepted a position at another company. Bosses were nice and I enjoyed working for them. The office was only a few miles from my home.
Pros
Close to home, busy company
Cons
Stressful at times
Family Group
Project Assistant - Corporate Test Bank (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2018
We had a great working relationship in the school I worked in, it was like being with family! Our DON was wonderful and pushed faculty to move forward in their careers and move content delivery models to a more modern presentation style!
unprofessional
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2018
My day consisted of 20 or more students for a 9-3pm class.

Students were late, left early, unprofessional and inattentive to lessons. The learning environment was not fair to all students.
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Good school system with dedicated employees
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 19, 2018
Education Affiliates has a dedicated staff of instructors and administrative staff who are truly dedicated to the students they serve. They compensate their employees very well but expect a lot in return.
Pros
Helping change students lives through education
Cons
Stressful environment
Ok for full timers - Not good for Part timers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2018
Company ownership is much more interested in making money from the Federal Government than from educating students. Disappointed that the corporation can't pay its bill.
Good part time work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Good part time work
Good hours
Flexible schedule
Daytime and evening
Good training
Clear training
Coaching if you need help
Help to succeed
Cookout food during summer holidays
Cons
No benefits. Open all holidays except Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas
Lacking Structure
Instructor | Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDJuly 19, 2017
The curriculum was overkill for the students. As an instructor your only allowed up to 15% modification. Dean at that time was not the best of leaders either.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
demographic and location was undesirable
Enjoyable laid back place to work
Outreach Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJuly 6, 2017
Enjoyable laid back place to work. Can work anywhere from 4 to 7 hours daily. Likable coworkers and managers. Decent break-time. You can pick up hours.
Pros
decent pay, not a stressful environment
Cons
No benefits
Fun Workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 8, 2017
Great place to work. Offers flexibility when dealing with working around school schedules. Each job differs from office work to tutoring. Great pay. Highly reccomended.
Fortis College
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
This institution has helped me develop skills needed to work in a HVAC setting. The instructors are knowledgeable and competent to teach. During my time here I made connections with other students. In order to succeed one must put the time and effort.
Pros
free popcorn
Impossible Deadlines; No Organization
Curriculum Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 25, 2017
A lack of vision from the top down and an unyielding manager with terrible communication skills made what would have been an otherwise fine position a quasi nightmare. There was a general sense of disorganization that made work almost impossible to execute. The company was entirely inflexible.
Pros
Better than being unemployed
Managers do not hover
Corporate Attorney (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2017
Relaxed work environment. You're given a task and expected to complete it. Managers do not micro-manage and you are given freedom to complete tasks.
Relaxed enviorment to work
Senior Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2017
Calling on behalf of different colleges beginning the enrollment process of school making sure prospects are qualified. Also receiving inbound calls adhering to students questions an concerns. I have also done secretarial work for the corporate office as well.
Pros
Flexiable Hours
Cons
No healthcare No benefits
Company was fair to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 27, 2016
The hardest part of my job was getting customers to be willing to be transferred to schools. The Leads were very knowledgeable and friendly.
Pros
We always were treated to lunch on holidays.
Cons
No benefits and pay was not good.
Good job.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 26, 2016
This was a good job to work for. The management could of been better but over all I had a pleasant experience working here.
Pros
They were able to work with my flexible schedule.
Cons
Management needs to be more professional.
Terrible work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2016
The director of the call center is unprofessional. The environment wasn't friendly or productive. It is ok if yiur just looking for something as a temp part time but there is no chance for advancement or growth.