Education Affiliates Employee Reviews

Gave no training at all
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 13, 2018
I was hired on a Friday and expected to give lecture to the students on Monday - their orientation was on line and as a nursing faculty it included dental hygienist and was very basic such as "how do you get students to answer questions". When they came open for inspection for certification they realized that they did not give all the necessary training and wanted me to do all of the training on my personal time! And when you complain you are 'not a team player" and 'negative' Then they had the audacity to tell me they don't like me in this role but wanted me to teach their clinical sites? Make up your mind. No training, incompetent, and bullies - no thank you.
Pros
free parking
Cons
No training, multiple computer systems to perform duties, no leadership, non competitive pay
unprofessional
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2018
My day consisted of 20 or more students for a 9-3pm class.

Students were late, left early, unprofessional and inattentive to lessons. The learning environment was not fair to all students.
Pros
Cons
no benefits
Overload
Teacher (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 17, 2018
International relationship and good services.better pay and good Care.have perhaps better option of allowance and caretakers.
Security guarantees and welfare considered.
Pros
Have three leave annually
Cons
Healthcate
Collaborative
Education (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 9, 2018
Student success minded educational institution with caring faculty and staff who truly care about the welfare of their students and outcomes during their tenure and after graduation!
Very interesting place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMarch 29, 2013
A day at work at Education Affiliates is fast paced and very interesting. It's not too hard or unable to handle. I learned that each day is very different from the rest and it gives you the insight of how to handle different types of situations. Management assisted with daily work needs and provided the employees with great ways to help assists with daily goals that have been set by each employee. My fellow co workers were very interested in helping when needed. I also assisted in training and making sure incoming employees were up to par with procedures when handling calls. There were no very hard parts to the job. Once you caught onto the job it was very repetitive and became more and more like a daily routine. The most enjoyable part of the day consisted of helping and being able to help others with accomplishing their goals.
Pros
enjoyed helping others accomplish goals for school.
Cons
no benefits and unable to advance.
Good part time work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Good part time work
Good hours
Flexible schedule
Daytime and evening
Good training
Clear training
Coaching if you need help
Help to succeed
Cookout food during summer holidays
Cons
No benefits. Open all holidays except Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas
Easy, laid back work place.
Online Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2018
The environment was very laid back. A lot of young college students worked there but also a lot of older semi-retired people. They had fun games set aside through out the day to make things laid back.
Pros
Chill place to work
Cons
Not full-time
Enjoyable laid back place to work
Outreach Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJuly 6, 2017
Enjoyable laid back place to work. Can work anywhere from 4 to 7 hours daily. Likable coworkers and managers. Decent break-time. You can pick up hours.
Pros
decent pay, not a stressful environment
Cons
No benefits
Great place to work!
Principal Technological Trainer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 5, 2018
Great place to work. I worked there for 8 years and it was a wonderful experience. Typical day was a busy but rewarding. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye when I had to relocate.
Family Group
Project Assistant - Corporate Test Bank (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2018
We had a great working relationship in the school I worked in, it was like being with family! Our DON was wonderful and pushed faculty to move forward in their careers and move content delivery models to a more modern presentation style!
Relaxed enviorment to work
Senior Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2017
Calling on behalf of different colleges beginning the enrollment process of school making sure prospects are qualified. Also receiving inbound calls adhering to students questions an concerns. I have also done secretarial work for the corporate office as well.
Pros
Flexiable Hours
Cons
No healthcare No benefits
Not a healthy education environment..
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 4, 2016
Expectations were always unrealistic and upper management was never supportive of direct service staff. Company always seems to be in perpetual change, usually not for the better.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Some dishonest employees that would only look out for themselves.
Run. Run for the hills and do not look back.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White MarshJuly 30, 2013
I worked at Education Affiliate's corporate office in White Marsh. DO NOT work for this company. They are struggling to pay their own bills and you will too. They underpay like it's their job. They will work you hard with meaningless, mind numbingly boring work. They are only looking to hire the best and the brightest but they want you to do entry level work (forwarding e-mails, printing out your bosses paperwork, make powerpoints) alllllll day. When I was brought on I was told that they were looking to transition my role into something else. They can't even keep their head above water with their poorly worded emails typed in all caps (from senior management) there is no way they are transitioning anything. Coworkers have not been given raises in years and the bonuses that are contracted are ALWAYS late because the paperwork is never filed on time.

The only redeeming light here is that middle management is pretty laid back. They don't bust your butt too often and roll with the punches but if you look at the state of the company, that is probably their downfall. Senior management also has a very old school style. They are not open to new ideas. They want yes men underneath them. Everyone that works at this company is a secretary to their boss. And you can tell by the general 'beta' attitude of everyone you meet here. If you are talented at what you do and looking to advance, go elsewhere.
Nice Place to Work
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMarch 28, 2018
Loved working here, but accepted a position at another company. Bosses were nice and I enjoyed working for them. The office was only a few miles from my home.
Pros
Close to home, busy company
Cons
Stressful at times
Good school system with dedicated employees
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 19, 2018
Education Affiliates has a dedicated staff of instructors and administrative staff who are truly dedicated to the students they serve. They compensate their employees very well but expect a lot in return.
Pros
Helping change students lives through education
Cons
Stressful environment
Good Starting Place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasAugust 24, 2016
I believe I gained a lot of knowledge on how the professional world works and how things are handled. I would recommend for anyone looking to start their career.
Pros
Free lunches, great environment.
Cons
Merits, and Salary pay
Company was fair to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 27, 2016
The hardest part of my job was getting customers to be willing to be transferred to schools. The Leads were very knowledgeable and friendly.
Pros
We always were treated to lunch on holidays.
Cons
No benefits and pay was not good.
One of the worst in proprietary business
Instructor (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreJanuary 16, 2013
Work you to death for pennies on the dollar. Management and upper management are all a joke......
benefits
Cons
inexperienced managers, disorganized, no leadership
A challenging and fun place to work
Medical Office Administrative/ MA Instructor  (Current Employee) –  Norfolk VAApril 30, 2013
This job has afforded me the opportunity to be a positive and creative influence on so many lives. I have taught so many students the necessary skills to help them start a career and provide for their children. The challenge of this role has been learning the struggles and obstacles these students have to endure and not being able to fix their issue. I have been fortunate in having an outstanding program director during my tenure. She has given us the freedom and support to instruct and train the students with fun compassion and conviction. The downside to this role is the long hours and uncompensated extra work that must be completed to ensure the students’ success and to remain in compliance with the accrediting organizations and corporate policies.
Pros
Positive influence on lives, work with people and computers, Teaching what I know and love
Cons
Work hours, lots of uncompensated work
Ok for full timers - Not good for Part timers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2018
Company ownership is much more interested in making money from the Federal Government than from educating students. Disappointed that the corporation can't pay its bill.