Educational Alliance Employee Reviews for Group Leader

Love the kids!
Afterschool Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2018
The company itself is very good it all depends which site you are working for because your experience is in the hands of your supervisor :/ The experience with the kids is unforgettable!
It was fun and helped me grow as a person.
Assistant Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
They provided us with professional development which benefitted a lot of us.
I worked with kids and built close bonds with a few which is great.
Gave us free food at times.
We had meetings and they listened at all times.
Pros
Professional development.
Cons
Late pay.
Currently working under the organization...
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
As a Group Leader I can not stress enough how much I enjoy my days working here. Firstly, the school is located in a bright area with plenty of windows and room for sunshine, to brighten any gloomy day. Secondly I work with elementary students, and they do not get any better then that! I love each and everyone of them to death, and despite the TUDES and out of control behavior they may present, their sweet faces can brighten any day as well! I think it's all about perspective when working with children, if you take them as they are, for children their craziness will not be too much of a bother, because they are just that... children. In regards to management, the HR dept. is scattered and well not the best, but when it narrows down to who I actually report to on a daily basis they are truly the leaders and foundation of the environment I am in. All of the staff is a team, and we all share one thing in common -- humility and team work.
Pros
Many
Cons
Hardly Any
Pretty good place to work at
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
I loved the management and the children. I worked as a group leader with Kindergarten. The only reason I left was because personal issues arose but the pay was great and the culture was too. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Vibrant Environment
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Diverse, vibrant environment. Definitely get to experience the culture of the Lower East Side.
fun productive school setting
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2014
A typical day at work was interesting we would pick up students give a pm snack. Go to class rooms help students with homework do daily activities with students.Have girls/boys group where we will talk about things that are happening in their lives. I learned that some kids need an extra push and more guidance in their lives to show that they can accomplish anything they want in life. My supervisors were really helpful and reliable always there to show support. The hardest part of the job was parting ways with students you build a relationship with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students get a better understanding of doing different things.
Pros
great team work, family oriented
Cons
short term job
Wonderful environment
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2013
The team I work with creates a postive, energizing environment that sincerely cares about the well-being of every team member. I thoroughly enjoy coming into work everyday--it is the highlight of my day! I work with children, grades k-5, and never have a dull day. The hardest part IS the highlight: being around what I consider a professional yet natural group of individuals who value you and your growth; and while working with the little ones I can discpline myself and become an example. I love that about my job, being a role model.