EduKids, Inc. Employee Reviews

Teachers make or break your room
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 20, 2019
Don’t expect much from the company the rugs don’t get cleaned often and the toys are extremely old and dirty. If something breaks it will take months to get fixed.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Always out of ratio, turnover rate for directors is extremely high
Horrible place to work , management sucks and their prejudice!
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2019
This is the worse place you can work , they underpay you , they stick you in a room with millions of babies and don’t give you a break . Management sucks and don’t help at all and is also very rude!
Terrible to employees
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 14, 2019
The corperate at Edukids does not care about the kids or employees. They only care about the money. They have such high turn around and can not keep employees.
Horrible Job
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYFebruary 12, 2019
The management sucks and the coworkers were all in their own little groups. I was pretty much the black sheep.
The only thing I looked forward to was seeing the children that I got to work every single day.
Not a great place to work
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJanuary 23, 2019
There is a very high turn over rate and they do not pay employees well. Very often you are stuck out of ratio and there is nothing you can do about it. The rules only apply to some people. On numerous occasions after workers have put in their 2-week notice, they've been asked not to come back the second week. The lead teachers are given a $10 a month allowance to buy supplies for their classroom, which is literally nothing. Workplace culture is very cliquey.
slow paced and competitive atmosphere
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2019
the management doesn't understand that people aka workers have a life outside of the establishment and does not care about what happens to you outside of work.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, pay is too low
fun workplace low pay
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYJanuary 16, 2019
if you’re passionate about children this is the place for you, if you’re looking to make tons of money don’t bother. hour breaks are nice, and the close knit team is a perk.
Pros
fun, room for growth, benefits
Cons
super low pay
Challenging and not rewarding in many areas
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Staff turn over do to the minimum wage increase and the demands of working with children and families, had made it difficult to keep State Regulations without enough Subs for the centers.
a good place to work if you enjoy kids.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 6, 2018
i loved my job at Edukids. i just think that there should me more things done for the staff to show their appreciation for the staff. other than that it was a great company to work for. and i absolutely loved and enjoyed my kids.
great families poor working environment
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2018
The best part about this job was the families and beautiful children that I was able to meet. Management is poor quality and places people in positions that do not know what they are doing or cares for the families that they serve. Pay is minimal compared to job duties and what is expected of their employees.
Pros
great families
Cons
low pay, poor manangement
Great co-workers
Teachers assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 24, 2018
A great place to network, but tends to be very stressful. The employees are great and the children are a pleasure to be around. The parents are very helpful as well.
A job
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 11, 2018
Its a job,communication could've been better. Communication. Parents/Guardians will always be right. Customer is always right. Children were amazing.
Worst childcare company to work for in Western NY
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 24, 2018
The company has the potential for being an amazing care provider for children but between the directors being clueless and them hiring lead teachers that are incompetent and unable to perform their job duties it is impossible. You will always be out of ratio, no one ever cleans any surfaces which leads to children being sick all of the time. I have witnessed people have breakdowns in front of children, teachers cursing in front of children. If you want to work in child care and truly love what you do, this is not the place for you, and if you are a minority you are treated more harshly than caucasian workers. You will be over worked, underpaid and not valued as a care provider at all.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, out of ratio, bad management, incompetent teachers
Great people to work with
INFANT LEAD TEACHER AIDE (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYDecember 22, 2017
I liked working here. It was a wonderful experience from a job I had been at for 13 years, prior. I liked my immediate teacher in the class and I liked watching the kids grow.
Pros
Watching the kids grow and learn
Cons
no breaks, very long days.
Productive yet disfunctional
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryvale, NYAugust 17, 2017
Children enjoy their time while in the Edu Kids program. Management isn't steady but the overall foundation of the company is solid. Providing food, bundles of fun ideas and days outside being active. Children are naturally lazy so certain things jus dont.
staff nice
Pre Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 14, 2017
I didn't like the management. I was always by myself and over ratio. I was always forgotten and never got my breaks. I couldn't ever use the bathroom since there was zero coverage,
Pros
non
Cons
stressed
Stay away
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2017
employees are underpaid, provided no benefits, undervalued, not supported, and are to be seen and not heard. The dollar is the bottom line and everyone else especially the staff is replaceable.
Enjoyable time working with children and families
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYApril 18, 2017
Edukids provides an opportunity for preschool aged children to attend a preschool program funded by the government (UPK). The program is in-line with state standards and has a fun learning environment. As a permanently NYS certified teacher, the compensation was considerably low for the job requirements.
Pros
Working with young children
Cons
Not much room for advancement, low pay
Official response from EduKids, Inc.
September 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We agree that the best part about working at EduKids is interacting with the children and families. We strive to provide the best educational programming in the Western New York region. I'm sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations for compensation. If you have any suggestions or would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to reach out to the HR Department at 716-675-6881. - Miranda, Director of Human Resources

Wonderful experience working with children
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 8, 2017
I love working at Edukids. Its a small, personal environment because you work one on one with the kids and get to know their personalities and their learning styles. I get the chance to be involved with their education and watch them grow into confident young kindergartners or first-graders depending on how long they stay with the program.
I was an infant teacher
Lead teacher infants (Former Employee) –  BpnFebruary 15, 2017
I loved my classroom an my team the parents an I worked together the give the babies the best care it in a good location. They have monthly classes
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EduKids, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight