EDVENTURE MORE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun summer job
Lead Science Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 8, 2018
Like most summer camps you aren't paid enough, but it's fun and cool! Great coworkers and awesome curriculum from the academy of science. The days were long but seemed to pass quickly as we were always busy.
Wonderful people and business, going to need a second job
After School Presenter (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAOctober 3, 2017
The people who work at Edmo are some of the most wonderful people I have met. The job it self wasn't bad, you would teach children in after school programs. The problem is the pay and the hours. You are payed for travel at .40 cents per mile. You get $15 an hour for non class rate, such as working in the office or events, and $17 an hour when you are in a class room. But that would be maybe an hour and a half each day. You are basically paid $15 an hour for maybe 20 hours a week. It is not something you can live off of. This is a great job to supplement your other income.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay, no benifits
councleor
maker, digital media, and more (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 11, 2017
very kid friendly. it was a summer camp so it allowed us to spend time making kids enjoy their summer while also learning how to maintain different personalities and how to manage each.
Pros
free food, great energy
Fun workplace and wonderful staff
Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAOctober 18, 2015
For Directors, we were all very close after a lengthy training period and very creative and collaborative work environment. Many hours were put into planning, hiring and training our staff. We chose to have people from all walks of life teaching children many interesting art and science based summer camp activities. I learned how to be myself as a manager, to lead well and to learn to foster the best practices as a team.
Pros
Wonderful people and children
Cons
Long hours and no advancement
Fun with teaching kids
App Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAJuly 29, 2014
Introducing kids (8to12 years old) to the basic programming with Java and Python, Raspberry pi and basic android app development.