Edward-Elmhurst Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good
Ambulatory pediatric clinic (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 1, 2018
Good environment to work. Nice co worker, gain more experience and good benefit. There is many patient in a day and have a chance to use nurseing skill at work.
Great opportunity and obtained a great deal of experience.
Senior Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJuly 25, 2018
My work day consisted of working with all disciplines in the hospital to accomplish the mission and visions.
I supervised a staff of (25) providing them with support and leadership.
Pros
Great place to work great leadership with support.
Cons
Overcrowding in Emergency Room and Inpatient Units.
Very stressful place to work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Outpatient servicesJuly 11, 2018
On our feet for 12 to 16 hours with only a 30 minute break. No time to use the bathroom. And our clinical leader very disrespectful and always making negatives comments. She was the only nurse the knew everything. She made people feel like you were worth nothing.
Cons
No breaks, work long hours and not being able to use the bathroom.
Great first job
TRANSLATOR (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJuly 10, 2018
spent a wonderful summer at Elmhurst Hospital doing what i like best: helping people along with a wonderful team of doctors and staff. couldn't had asked for more for a first job.
Pros
wonderful work environment and team
Cons
temporary job
Productive and require resorcefulness
Community Liaison Worker ll, Psychiatry E.R (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 6, 2018
Require dependability, creativeness and diligence. The display of skills and knowledge was always tested by the need for quick thinking and responsiveness.
Focused on patients care and comfort. Wonderful team effort in all areas.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 27, 2018
Loved working at this job. Working on patient records with training and great support to accomplish accurate entries. Culture was relaxed and nurturing with a lovely decor.
Pros
Discounts in cafeteria, gift shop & pharmacy, fitness center for employees
Cons
None.
organized and productive, good place to lean and improve at
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJune 24, 2018
typical day would be preparing for the day in the outpatient department. we process prescriptions through out the day as patients come in. verified by pharmacist, and given to patients when they come to pick up. talking to patients and doctors to sole problems if they come up, supervising technicians as well. team work is very important since its a very busy hospital because without team work the flow will be disturbed and mistakes can easily happen.
Pros
a good place to lean and add to your experience
Cons
launguage barrier makes it harer to communicate with patients
Very busy work place
Patient Information Administrator, Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJune 15, 2018
for Elmhurst hospital you need a lot of patience, there's going to be a lot of people at the front desk asking you for a lot of information of patients, you just need to remain calm, and don't take things personally and do what you can at your best rate, you can see very touching things.
Pros
Work environment is enjoyable
Beautiful Hospitals
COORDINATOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 12, 2018
The hospital is beautiful the atmosphere is great but the merger has caused confusion and disorganization in management. The staff and people are great.
Upper Management Out of Touch
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 12, 2018
For a company whose tagline is "Healthy Driven," they sure seem to be money-driven more than anything. The past several months, the focus has been on quality lists: how many patients had their diabetic eye exam, how many had a physical, what percentage are still outstanding, etc. We all know these quality lists are not even about quality, they are about making more money. And even if they truly were about quality, it has come at the expense of more urgent patient needs: for example, a patient needs a prior authorization for a medication or needs an urgent form filled out, but so many staff members are assigned to quality projects that there is only one person handling the urgent requests, so they are extremely delayed. If we make our concerns known to our manager or even escalate it to higher levels of management, it is brushed off as "just a time management issue" as if people aren't routinely working extra hours off-the-clock just to make sure it gets done. People are being hired who are massively underqualified or not the right fit for the job just so they can say we are fully staffed and have no excuses for things not getting done, but those of us that are skilled are spending so much time cleaning up the newbie's messes that we get even less done than before when we were understaffed. It has gone from a place I enjoy working at, to a place I go put in my eight hours for a paycheck and leave.
My day
Clerical Associate III (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 31, 2018
Answering phones registration of patient, filing, all paper work, administrative role by scheduling meetings, appontments and anything else that was asked of me
Company name was incorrect
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 18, 2018
Working at EHC is my real first job. I have learned from working here. Networked myself. But it is unfortunate that there is no room for growth which is why I left.
Room for growth
Clerical Associate LII (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 17, 2018
The great thing about working at Elmhurst Hospital is that is very diverse and exciting and there's always room for growth, learning new skills and new experiences.
Pros
Nurses help each other
Cons
Short staff
Productive workplace
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 12, 2018
great site for clinical rotations. friendly staff. the mental health department is clean. Nurses, case workers and all the staff in general was always willing to educate the students.
A good job to start
WIC Program - WIC Dietitian (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2018
a typical day fluctuates at times, I learned time management. The hardest part of the job is that documentation takes a lot of your time. the most enjoyable part is when you help patient with their goals.
Pros
off weekends
Cons
No enough promotion
Actions speak louder than words.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 6, 2018
don't do it. just don't.

the docs do seem good. everything else...not so much.

disorganized. high-turnover. negative co-workers. sad, dirty place compared to the Elmhurst location.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
dead end with a slap in the face as well.
Great learning environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 6, 2018
Excellent teamwork. Fellow staff and management willing to help in the training process, aa well as cross training for other positions. A teaching hospital linked with local colleges in their nursing programs.
Good for students
Volunteer at Pediatrics Services (B7) (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYMay 5, 2018
Volunteering here made me strengthen my passion to work in the healthcare field. It was good experience and was happy to receive this opportunity in high school.
too busy and stressful
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 2, 2018
As float person i had the opportunity to work on so many nice and enjoyable office branches I worked alone and with patients a huge load off patient. Patients are need to be register and see by the provider on a very fast environment and very stressful situation
Pros
day goes fast
Cons
no beaks
fun and productive time while at Elmhurst
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 2, 2018
It had been a pleasure to work at Elmhurst. I have gained a lot of knowledge and at the same time was happy to provide best service possible. If I had a chance to go back, I would gladly do so