Edward-Elmhurst Health Employee Reviews

Beautiful Hospitals
COORDINATOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 12, 2018
The hospital is beautiful the atmosphere is great but the merger has caused confusion and disorganization in management. The staff and people are great.
Upper Management Out of Touch
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 12, 2018
For a company whose tagline is "Healthy Driven," they sure seem to be money-driven more than anything. The past several months, the focus has been on quality lists: how many patients had their diabetic eye exam, how many had a physical, what percentage are still outstanding, etc. We all know these quality lists are not even about quality, they are about making more money. And even if they truly were about quality, it has come at the expense of more urgent patient needs: for example, a patient needs a prior authorization for a medication or needs an urgent form filled out, but so many staff members are assigned to quality projects that there is only one person handling the urgent requests, so they are extremely delayed. If we make our concerns known to our manager or even escalate it to higher levels of management, it is brushed off as "just a time management issue" as if people aren't routinely working extra hours off-the-clock just to make sure it gets done. People are being hired who are massively underqualified or not the right fit for the job just so they can say we are fully staffed and have no excuses for things not getting done, but those of us that are skilled are spending so much time cleaning up the newbie's messes that we get even less done than before when we were understaffed. It has gone from a place I enjoy working at, to a place I go put in my eight hours for a paycheck and leave.
My day
Clerical Associate III (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 31, 2018
Answering phones registration of patient, filing, all paper work, administrative role by scheduling meetings, appontments and anything else that was asked of me
Company name was incorrect
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 18, 2018
Working at EHC is my real first job. I have learned from working here. Networked myself. But it is unfortunate that there is no room for growth which is why I left.
Room for growth
Clerical Associate LII (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 17, 2018
The great thing about working at Elmhurst Hospital is that is very diverse and exciting and there's always room for growth, learning new skills and new experiences.
Pros
Nurses help each other
Cons
Short staff
Productive workplace
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 12, 2018
great site for clinical rotations. friendly staff. the mental health department is clean. Nurses, case workers and all the staff in general was always willing to educate the students.
A good job to start
WIC Program - WIC Dietitian (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2018
a typical day fluctuates at times, I learned time management. The hardest part of the job is that documentation takes a lot of your time. the most enjoyable part is when you help patient with their goals.
Pros
off weekends
Cons
No enough promotion
Actions speak louder than words.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 6, 2018
don't do it. just don't.

the docs do seem good. everything else...not so much.

disorganized. high-turnover. negative co-workers. sad, dirty place compared to the Elmhurst location.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
dead end with a slap in the face as well.
Great learning environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 6, 2018
Excellent teamwork. Fellow staff and management willing to help in the training process, aa well as cross training for other positions. A teaching hospital linked with local colleges in their nursing programs.
Good for students
Volunteer at Pediatrics Services (B7) (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYMay 5, 2018
Volunteering here made me strengthen my passion to work in the healthcare field. It was good experience and was happy to receive this opportunity in high school.
too busy and stressful
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMay 2, 2018
As float person i had the opportunity to work on so many nice and enjoyable office branches I worked alone and with patients a huge load off patient. Patients are need to be register and see by the provider on a very fast environment and very stressful situation
Pros
day goes fast
Cons
no beaks
fun and productive time while at Elmhurst
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 2, 2018
It had been a pleasure to work at Elmhurst. I have gained a lot of knowledge and at the same time was happy to provide best service possible. If I had a chance to go back, I would gladly do so
Job was very good
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 23, 2018
Work was really good there I loved working there. I'm was with ba team which worked on different project . Management was really cooperative. Enjoyable part was working with different ethnicities.
Pros
Good environment, very pleasant people
My first job as an LPN
LPN (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 18, 2018
Work was busy at night when I first began, I transferred to day shift bc I was unable to sleep during daytime.It was a great first job I learned a lot, I was helped out when unsure of how to do things and was given given resources/guidance as a new nurse. workplace culture was encouraging, the most enjoyable part was the camaraderie among staff.
Descent place to work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYApril 14, 2018
Elmhurst was a descent place to work. Need an increase in salary.
Benefits are great. Work culture was not desirable. But all in all a descent place to work.
Pros
Benefits and convenience
Cons
work culture
Stressful but worth it if you may help someone
Socail Worker (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYApril 14, 2018
The Social Work in Psychiatry Department at Elmhurst Hospital operated independently of the medical Social Work departments which sometimes lead to lack of continuity of care. .Self protection is the rule here.
Busy Place
Help desk (Former Employee) –  HelmhurstApril 13, 2018
I have not spent much time at Helmhurst, so I have nothing to say. During my time there, I met alot of nice people. I worked on a contract so compensation was not good at all.

Cons

Long commute
Do not waste your time
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 11, 2018
Management is a joke and very political. Their turn over rate is through the roof. The days are super boring and management does not care about you at all.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
It was really fun to work there.
Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 11, 2018
It was to work there. it was nice too work. My supervisor is a sweetheart. The management is so friendly. This is most enjoyable part of the job so far i worked.
EEHealth has lots of political issues....Be Careful.
Billing & Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 7, 2018
Leadership takes everything personal and when that happens, your career and professional Development within the company will stop there. Then, if you think HR will help you due to the unethical and morally wrong actions of leadership....stop there, because they wont.
Again, be careful....and good luck.
Pros
Paycheck every two weeks and pto cash out option.
Cons
Management and Leadership Team