Edward-Elmhurst Health logo
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100Average

Edward-Elmhurst Health Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & Benefits

It's good for a part time job

The environment is what you make of it. Pay never increased based on job performance just cost of living increase. Not much room for advancement. They love to change around schedules even though you've had a set schedule and availability in place. They don't understand when you need to call off unexpectedly and it counts against you..3 strikes and you're out for the whole year. No paid time off for PT. Expectations for collections are unrealistic... you can't force people to pay and mgrs keep track. However, it's a pretty good part time job if you're looking to just work, go home, and get paid.

Cons

Exposure to illness constantly

Large organization to work for but pay employees very poorly and minimal raises

They only give raises annually and if you have any type of disciplinary against you it affects your annual raise and even at best the most you can get is 3%. There is no appreciation for hard work and most slack and do less for equal pay. They take advantage of hard workers and don’t give approprIte compensation to those whom deserve it.

Cons

No breaks only lunch, minimal pay

Horrible all around

No room for advancement unless you have someone pulling strings for you. It’s about who you know, not what you know. The culture is HORRENDOUS and harassment is completely acceptable. They somehow love to keep the horrible employees and drive away all the good ones. I would rather be jobless than ever work here again. I would avoid this hospital for any care. Additionally, benefits are not very good considering it’s a hospital.

Pros

Cons

Literally ALL OF IT

Good work environment

Good PTO, especially if you are salaried. Enjoyed my coworkers and every day tasks. Never had to work overtime, except for 2 events per year and was compensated for the extra hours. Overall good place to work.

Pros

Good PTO, good hours, friendly coworkers

Cons

Nickle and dimed for hours in you are paid hourly

Not a good place to work

They don’t value the hard working techs. They disrespect them & treat them bad. They only give ten cent raises, no matter how much of a good and hard worker you are. It’s hard to request vacations off. You can only request certain days in certain months. For example you can only request 2 days off in December and you cant request those same days the following year. They will have you busting your behind and have lots of duties to do with no help.

Pros

No weekends or holidays and early morning shift.

Cons

Pay rate, raises, and not enough help.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Fun but demanding

I was a volunteer turned employee, the pay was good and the job was fun. It was a good environment to start a first job at and do not regret working here.

Pros

Hours

Cons

demanding

Toxic workplace

Working here makes you feel like the work you do is useless there is a strong feeling of favoritism (which there is) and those people who work in the department I do and do what’s necessary get treated like unics They clean their areas they do what’s necessary and yet get treated unfairly

Pros

Salary benefits

Cons

Work environment

Management is terrible

Needs new management in evs dept. Very depressing to come to work there . People come and go to much cause of poor management . Unorganized. No team work no future. pay raise terrible all this dept likes to do is write people up . Keeps changing your work schedule .

productive

Quality of work to off to the customer. Could be very busy and short staffed. hours are flexible sometimes. there is always a new learning experience.

Upper level manager don’t give you the support. You need to work long hours and they increase you pay but at same time the increase the insurance. Housekeeping need to have a secretary because is very frustrating taking call and supervise people.

Jobs at Edward-Elmhurst Health

See more jobs

Unlike the rest of these reviews I like this company

So maybe it depends on what location you're in because we have a great team at mine. My benefits are great & cheap. My bosses are friendly and professional when need to be. We all stick together like family and help each other succeed & and get through things. They only thing that I can complain about is how they wont work with a school schedule.

the worst management ever

I would never work here again. Management sucks and lies.Health benefits bad. Interviewing process takes forever. No chance to advance. Archaic thinking. Only focus on profits.

Really awful place to work

Management is the worst I have EVER seen. You work long odd hours, they say in the interview there is room for full time or part time positions but they don't. They have an extremely high turnover rate. Pay is low and no benefits.

great to work, horrible health coverage as far as price.

120$ a check for PPO for single, more than 500$ for family a check, thats over 1000$ a month, ridiculous. the value EPO is cheaper, but covers nothing out of network. im considering working at starbucks part time just for health coverage. they also make you do a wellness check for a 20$ discount, might as well just spit in my face.

Nice place to work.

Enjoyed the job and people. With few advancement opportunities available the way to improve your status and compensation is, like most places, to move on.

Over worked

We were always understaffed at Edward Hospital and we were paid on a merit system which made it hard to get a decent pay raise. The work was hard and stressful because of not enough staff to do the job.

Edward

Has been good to me over the past 15 years. Good benefits. Flexible scheduling. Works well with family life. Would recommend as a place to work and grow in your career.

benefits

Benefits are great. I've worked at Edward for 10 years and have always been satisfied with their employee benefits. They offer health insurance to PT employees.

Horrible Coworkers

The hiring process and orientation went well. I started working in the surgery department. That was the worse experience in my life. They have an old woman that’s been there for twenty years and a woman that has been there for six months. They are the worst people to work with. They run and tell the manager things like they are two years old. I would not recommend that department.

Benefits

Cons

Coworkers

great place to volunterr

we got free soda every time we volunteered so that was nice. the people are kind. got to experience a lot of medical related things. the manager of the volunteer department threw us pizza parties.

Productive learning atmosphere

I love what I do and wish I could do it full time and make a decent living. Elmhurst treated me like family and tried their best to work with my school schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward-Elmhurst Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight