Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Found 1,188 reviews matching the search See all 1,262 reviews
Edward Jones Investments
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2018
Culture is to run two-person offices so if you don't like office politics yet you like having group benefits and corporate support, this may be a fit for you! However, if you don't get along with your Branch Partner, this could be problematic. Sometimes you two click, sometimes you don't. I have found it helps to be a self starter and to be okay with working by yourself as the sales person can spend a lot of time out of the office.
Pros
Job Security, Corporate Support with Small Office Feel
Cons
Low Compensation for High Performance Expectations
You get what you put into it
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2018
First 3-4 years: difficult, long days and underpaid. Years 5+: flexible schedule, rewarding to help people and feel overpaid (per hours worked). Must work hard and stick it out first few years with the long term career in perspective. Great support and culture within the firm. Unlimited income potential, partnership opportunities, amazing travel awards 2xs a year. So glad I came to Edward Jones.
Pros
Flexible schedule, you’re the boss, great culture and reputation
Cons
Hard work first few years, prospecting
Great company; each financial advisor/manager is different
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 30, 2018
While the job was stressful, I really enjoyed working under the previous management. The company as a whole is a great place to work. My current manager has a high level of stress, which overflows in the workplace.

My job consisted of preparing the financial advisor for client appointments, which included summarizing current activity in the client's accounts to anticipating needs. I also answered the phone and took care of any administrative needs of clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job is client care. The typical job stress came from preparing forms without error.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
manager
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJanuary 16, 2019
The salary is a bit lower that some other places, but the culture and overall environment make up for that in many ways. There is a quarterly bonus that helps offset the salary but the insurance is so high, but I really like the people I am working with, they are so knowledgeable and eager to share that knowledge, which helps greatly in whatever you are trying to accomplish and the hours are so flexible, which is wonderful if you have children and do not live close.
Pros
Flexibility, closeness of staff, communication
Cons
Insurance costs and pay is not sufficient for a basic lifestyle
There is a reason Edward Jones is in the top of Fortune 500 of companies to work for.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  La Costa, CAAugust 14, 2018
In my opinion, Edward Jones is the top company to work for in the financial industry. Employee owned, room to grow and succeed with a dedication to taking care of their people makes a good career and life for those wanting to work in finance. I had worked in the healthcare industry for over 20 years, and I wanted to learn something new. Their training and support is excellent. So why leave? For me, as a single woman, the wage was not enough to bear the cost of living, as well as the position is very stressful. I appreciate my time in the financial industry with Edward Jones. However; it is not a good fit for me.
Pros
Excellent benefits, profit sharing, bonuses
Cons
Stress. High stress job
Don't work here unless you want to be a financial advisor
Transfers Specialist II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2018
The company revolves around making financial advisors happy without regard to other divisions' needs. Management are internal hires with no prior management experience and the culture is passive aggressive and non-confrontational. The departments' goals are ever changing and management makes sure you cannot advance within your department or find another internal position. If you apply to an internal position, your direct supervisor is automatically sent an email advising them of your application.
Pros
trimester bonuses based on firm performance
Cons
everything else
A great company to work for
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Belfair, WAOctober 18, 2018
Edward Jones has great benefits, job security and recognizes those that work hard. Detail oriented, feeling trusted and confident in the training and support of the entire company is a good feeling.
Pros
Job security, great benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement after a certain level is attained
SENIOR BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 17, 2018
Edward Jones is one of the best financial services firms to do business with and to work for. They're unique in that they have offices set up with an advisor and an office administrator, giving a small business feeling. But they are not a small business, and there are vast resources available. They offer great benefits and focus on fair treatment to all employees and positive work environment.
Pros
Benefits, advancement
Cons
Can be slow, lack of online options for customers
Sales position
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2018
Edward Jones is a good company to work for, but it is commission only salary. I wanted to return to food service management, so I left the company, and began my career with Compass Group.
Great Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2019
Excellent environment to work, great corporate culture. Management and employees were awesome. Advancement opportunities and great pay. Unfortunately, the joint venture was divested.
Terrible place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 4, 2018
Run before it is too late! This is a terrible place to work. Management treats employees as stepping stones for their own progression in the firm. They constantly take credit for work of others, while spending their time socializing with friends and sucking up to partners. Partners keep promoting their friends. Some women leaders got there based on their looks and their "relationship" with partners.
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
terrible culture
First Class All the Way
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, OR, Bend ORNovember 7, 2018
A typical day is 8 to 10 hours. Calling existing clients to review accounts and keep them up to date on any portfolio changes needed. Meet with several clients to review their portfolios. Market to increase client base. Make needed trades. Create Financial plans as needed. I learned a lot about the stock market, and financial products. Financial planning, creating portfolios, sales, marketing, business management. The culture I found to be a bit different from city to city or district to district depending on the district manager. The a big part of the culture was passed down to the employees by telling the story of Ed Jones and how he and his son started the company.
The hardest part of the job during the first six to eight years is meeting the monthly sales quotas. The more successful you became the higher the quotas were. The joys of the job were many.The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the strong customer relationships that you develop with each of your clients.
Pros
Great company and great training.
Cons
During normal times the sales goals are doable, Pressure to perform during times like recession can be overwhelming, A lot of EJ advisors lost their jobs due to a lack of company flexability during that time.
Good culture, nice perks, little advancement opportunity
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2018
Gone are the days of working hard, smart and efficiently and getting recognized by the bosses. Now you're expected to schmooze which I'm not good at. I'd like to be recognized by my work ethic and not who I have coffee with.
Pros
free lunches, gifts, work life balance
Cons
health deductible too high, little opportunity for advancement
Sad the way that this company treats it's employees
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJune 18, 2018
18 year career with this company, worked for several different Financial Advisors with no issues until moving to California then was treated with disrespect and was verbally harassed. Edward Jones does NOT help their employees with issues in the branch, they just fire the person that is being mistreated.
Pros
401k, paid time off
Cons
Poor management skills of Financial Advisors
If you like cults, this is the place for you
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2019
I did learn a lot and gained valuable professional experience. But they are all brain washed and only want drones that follow what they say/do. You become ostracized once you start thinking on your own. The hiring for financial advisors is dangerously close to a pyramid scheme. At every meeting, the mission & vision statements are reviewed and during normal conversation the firm’s tag line is repeated, constantly. Also, the health benefits for advisors are horrible unless you’re single and never see a medical professional. As an advisor, you do all of the work to bring in clients but if you ever leave the firm (or even move to a new location) you are not allowed to take your clients.
Pros
Almost nothing
Cons
Almost everything
Boa
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salida, CAOctober 9, 2018
I love the company but can't stand the Financial advisor. Some of the financial advisors are very hard to get along with. The BOA's are like a large extended family. The culture of Edward jones as a whole is one large family.
Pros
very family oriented
Cons
Management needs better training
daily tasks and enviroment
Senior Training Specialist- BOA Performance (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2018
When I began with Edward Jones back in 1987 it was a small company and was very associate friendly. As years passed things began to deteriorate quickly. In the early years people knew your name but eventually you became just another number. They speak of their great work life balance but that doesn't really exist, it's just a "selling point". Also, the income was less than stellar. They include all of your benefits as part of your salary. When I think of salary I think of take home pay, they don't.
One of the best firms in the industry, and the best place to launch your advising career
Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 16, 2018
There is a reason they win the top training awards every year. When it comes to training, coaching, and employee development, Edward Jones is the cream of the crop. Have never had a more positive onboarding or training experience than I did with them. The are tough, but always fair.
Pros
Training, mentoring, career development are excellent
Cons
Long hours and low pay for the first 5 years, but typical of a new advising career
BOA position is the expendable people in the firm
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 19, 2018
Mediocre pay and benefits, but the culture is very geared that assistants are replaceable. There is no job security. Administration people not treated fairly.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Job Security
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 15, 2018
Great company with a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement. Flexible schedule with an option to work from home. Supportive culture and management. Privately held with an opportunity for partnership.
Pros
Everything about this company is great
Cons
I'd like to see a corporate office in California

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight