Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Great Training
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 16, 2018
Edward Jones is a great organization to work for. Edward Jones has on of the best training programs in the industry. I have learned many things through working with them.
Exceptional Company
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, NCMay 15, 2018
I have been with the company for over 8 years as a Senior Branch Office Administrator. I am an integral part of a two-person team, me and an experienced financial advisor. We work very well together and give excellent service to our clients. I love working in a small branch office, knowing that I have the support of a company 40,000 strong. I am relocating soon and hope to find another position within the company. Benefits are great, people are extremely helpful. I enjoy going to work every day!
Pros
Great working environment, opportunity to become a Limited Partner, meeting great people, mentorship opportunities, bonus potential
Cons
Jobs are hard to find since people hang on to them for a long time!
Good family environmet
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 14, 2018
Great company with a wonderful family atmosphere. Good for mothers needing flexible hours. But the average pay is lower than other companies, so something to consider
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Pay
Ok
Business Planning Support Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
Nice people. New buildings and covered parking are a real plus. Onsite café is a bonus. I could work here. Very respectful of personal time and needs.
Closed System
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 9, 2018
There is an Edward Jones way of doing things. For those who accept it, advancement opportunities exist. Those who start their careers with Edward Jones have the advantage.
Pros
Potential for Partnership
Cons
Group Think
Edward Jones
Branch Office Administrative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2018
My job as an Branch Office Administrator was a good learning environment for the various aspects of the financial work force. I helped with setting up accounts for clients as direct by the financial advisor.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not my idea of a career
On call branch office assistant
On-Call Branch Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXMay 8, 2018
Not sure. Contract assignments until a permanent position is available or opens at a branch location. This position fills vacations, maternity leave, sick days, PTO, etc.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
not alot of training
EDJ is a good place to work. Education is offered everyday and new software training is available. Pay is good but raises are not very good.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMay 6, 2018
Arriving to work and start the day I : get ready for appointments. Check any message from St. Louis, handle them and start to make calls to clients .

When new clients come in I make all information available to them about our services.

Answer phone and set up appointments for client to come see FA

Make call to remind clients of their appointments the next day
Pros
Bonsus
Great place to move your practice, bad place to start your practice
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 4, 2018
Edward Jones is a great place to be if you have a large book and want to be left alone to make lots of money and help your clients.

However, if you are just starting out in the business and you need help and guidance, then this place is a bad place to start.

Their ideas and strategies on finding and prospecting new clients is so old school, I'm surprised they are still in business.

I hear ALL the time, "id never give my money to someone who knocked on my door" and yet that is how the do it, you are nothing but a door to door sales person begging for money from people to build your book.

Id rather cold call all day long, than get yelled at all day by people at their doors... Door to door sales is NOT the way to build a professional wealth management business.
Pros
You are left alone
Cons
Terrible business model for prospecting new clients.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALApril 28, 2018
Nice variety in work. Set your own hours, but be prepared to work a lot. Guaranteed salary is low, but definitely helps before commissions start coming in. Be forewarned it is a sales job.
Great place to work with great people who love what they do
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 26, 2018
I learned my true strengths and weaknesses in the work place and improved my professionalism
The hardest thing about the job was going out to find new clients in the area
The culture was one that thrived on giving and supporting each other
Every office I worked in was great!
On Call Business Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 26, 2018
Every manager was great as well as the customers! Its hard to be an on call because you don't know as much as the regular office people so if the customers aren't nice it makes it that much harder on you! That was never the case for me at any of the Edward Jones offices!
Grateful for the 2 Advisors and how much I grew/learned
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 26, 2018
I started at EJ knowing Nothing about the financial industry with a young advisor. Everyday learning through modules and mentors while performing my daily admin duties. When relocated to NH EJ office the advisor I worked with took me under her wing teaching me everyday a little more about the industry, policies and procedures along with the other Branch office Admins I was mentored by. She was an amazing leader, trainer teacher. I struggled with some of the terms and paperwork process (that was hardest part) Then her leaving EJ to go to another financial institution. The FA replacing her already had an admin and wanted me replaced. Our personalities and work habits were not compatible so agreed to part ways
Pros
excellent training, support, room for growth
Cons
none to say
Very regimented
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 26, 2018
The training and products were all geered towards using their products and services and I thought they were lacking in some major areas. There are so many Edward Jones Reps I found myself constatntly competing with other Edward Jones Reps.
Pros
Make Reps work hard
Cons
Must use only their products
Assist clients with investment needs
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lemoyne, PA 17043April 26, 2018
strong ties made with clients - time spent getting to know them and their specific needs to be able to provide them with the best possible investment choices
Stable and room for growth
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAApril 26, 2018
Your days pretty much were the same every day, not too much excitement that I experienced. I learned a lot about financial advising and stock and administrative assisting, and had an amazing flexible extremely hard working boss.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Somewhat dull
Miss it
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 24, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. I had my own office. It was great. I just had a bad location. I tried to get them to move me. Six months after I left they closed that office.
Pros
Cons
None really
Very friendly
Cost Basis Analyst (Former Employee) –  207 BuildingApril 24, 2018
I worked there briefly as a contingent through K Force and I absolutely loved it! The full time and supervisors there didn't treat the temps any differently than the rest. The management are very understanding about family emergencies. I highly recommend Edward Jones, there is a reason they are rated one of the best places to work!
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
only a temp position
Lots of people interaction
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nevada, MOApril 23, 2018
As an On-Call, I had the opportunity to work with several different Financial Advisors. Every day & every office was different with a different environment. Some offices were very intense & fast paced while others were laid back & more focused on client relationships. Overall, it was a great experience.
If you are wanting to be a door to door salesman or an entrepreneur
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2018
This is the best place to do it. If you want to work hard and can sell than you can make a living doing this job. It's about being able to connect to people and help them to make informed investing decisions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight