Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,061 reviews matching the search See all 1,126 reviews
No room for growth in this company.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 14, 2018
There's no room for growth. You're basically a statue that sits at a desk fro 40-50 hrs a week. They usually hire women who are close to retirement because they can sit there and knit.
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 13, 2018
I am happy to call this place my home away from home. The job offers me the opportunity to work form my home or in an office. Tons of on the job experience is given to all employees. The more you give the more you get!
Productive and Fun place to work
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJuly 12, 2018
This was a very competitive yet fun place to work. You are place in a situation where you have to learn a lot of things at the same time but you are always able to ask questions.
Client First
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 10, 2018
The culture at Edward Jones is to always put your client first. I wholeheartedly agree that this is how the financial industry should be ran, and I am glad I am a part of something to make a difference in people's lives.
Great place to start your career
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
Edward Jones has one of the best advisor training programs in the industry. they can really separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to determining who is made for this industry.
Investment office with chance for advanement
On-Call Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Gretna, VAJuly 5, 2018
Excellent place to work. Training was great and there is always someone who can help with questions. Great business environment. Very community oriented and supportive of local businesses.
Not the support Needed
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
As a new financial advior, I needed support to learn how to run your business at EJ and there was very little support. A office administrator is imperative and they would not allow one
Great Company
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed my experience with Edward Jones. I would still be with them if I had passed the Series .
Great culture
Great leadership
Great management
I would recommend working for this company to anyone who is looking to build a business of their own.
Get to know Lots to learn and Improvise your skills
Talend ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 3, 2018
Involved in building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse. Designed ETL process using Talend Tool to load from Sources to Targets through data Transformations. Developed advanced Oracle stored procedures and handled SQL performance tuning. Involved in creating the mapping documents with the transformation logic for implementing few enhancements to the existing system.
Edward Jones is a good place to work
Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2018
Biggest area of opportunity is its focus on promoting like minded individuals. There efforts around diversity and inclusion is more image than reality. They have a high turnover amongst women and minorities.
Pros
Independance
Cons
Lack of opportunities for minorities
Slow and Boring in my Branch
Branch Office Administrator -BOA (Former Employee) –  Winthrop, MEJune 30, 2018
While I know other branches are busy and productive, my branch was slow and stagnant. My manager had a different outlook on the way he wanted to run his office and it was in direct conflict with the company's ideas.
Pros
Well established firm
Cons
Two person office became quite boring, Manager was a controlling individual
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
Great place to work with great training. Focus is primarily door knocking all day to help build and establish your own business. The best way to learn is through other veteran financial advisors.
Pros
great people
Cons
door knocking in over 100 degree weather
Quick paced environment with client focus.
Branch Office Administrator, On-Call (Current Employee) –  Alma, MichiganJune 28, 2018
Quick paced. The level of training is excellent. Great training in policy and procedures.Great employer and wonderful fellow employees. Excellent client service. A very ethical, company.
Unfair pay rate regardless of prior work experience
BOA (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 28, 2018
The pay scale depends on what your FA makes, so regardless of how many years of experience you have you only make a rate based on what the FA brings in your particular branch. I worked there for over two years and I have over 20 years experience dealing with clients, and customer service. I took a pay cut and made what I learned in the 90s so I had to quit. Overall great company, fantastic employee support and training, one of the least stressful jobs I’ve ever had. Very fulfilling to work in a place where the client comes first as an admin, and go home knowing that you’ve helped them.... But unless you’re a higher level office admin from a TOP SELLING FA, you don’t make much money.
Pros
Gratifying job, low stress
Cons
Pay for the administrators not commensurate with years of experience
Great Place to work, just never developed into full-time employment
Part-Time/On-Call BOA Trainee (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed interaction with customers, learning new things about investments and setting up new accounts. Great place to work, just needed a full-time job.
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 25, 2018
Edward Jones has been on the top companies to work for consistently. Edward Jones focuses on hiring people that fit with their culture to continue their mission of being best companies to work for.
Enjoyable work environment
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2018
Enjoyed working as a team and individually the entire time I've worked here. You only have two people in the same office so it makes things nice to work as a team but you also play your own roles so working individually can be a nice change of pace at times.
There is an easy work and life balance when working here.
Friendly relaxed workplace
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 22, 2018
Must have administrative experience. Answering phone and emails. Faxes and scanning are also a big part of your day. It is a relatively easy job to have.
Great Place to work
IS Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 20, 2018
Great place to work for different reasons.
The opportunities are there if you apply yourself. The company is self driven and allows for you to go anywhere within the company.
Sales
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, VAJune 18, 2018
Like most financial institutions Edward Jones is focused on sales numbers. They try to get the spouses involved in the financial world when going to meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss