Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Found 1,122 reviews matching the search See all 1,190 reviews
Great Place to work
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Granite Bay, CASeptember 19, 2018
Highly enjoyable. Good people. Great company. Management is stable and caring. Office life is good. Hardest part of the job is the learning curb in the beginning.
Excellent Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 19, 2018
I highly recommend this company if you are interested in the financial planning and insurance industry. They have some of the best training in the industry and has a wonderful culture.
Pros
Well managed with a great culture
Cons
Sales is a challenging business
There's a reason they are on Fortunes top places to work
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VASeptember 19, 2018
The Edward Jones culture is one of respect for it's clients and employees. I enjoy going to work everyday and knowing that I will help people. Great people and great benefits! I can't say enough about Edward Jones!!!
Great place to learn
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOSeptember 16, 2018
Great place to learn and grow. They value the employee. Everyone works together. You are able to set your own schedule. You will have to attend off-site meetings.
Worked for Ed Jones YMCA
Health and Wellness Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2018
I ran the fitness for the YMCA. Can not rate this specific Company.
The Ed Jones employees were wonderful to work with. Helped raise monies for YMCA charities. They LOVED there workouts.
Wonderful job
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, WISeptember 9, 2018
What a wonderful job I had working for Edward Jones. The company is great, with lots of training. The support I received to do the best possible job was incredible.
You get what you put into it
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2018
First 3-4 years: difficult, long days and underpaid. Years 5+: flexible schedule, rewarding to help people and feel overpaid (per hours worked). Must work hard and stick it out first few years with the long term career in perspective. Great support and culture within the firm. Unlimited income potential, partnership opportunities, amazing travel awards 2xs a year. So glad I came to Edward Jones.
Pros
Flexible schedule, you’re the boss, great culture and reputation
Cons
Hard work first few years, prospecting
Edward Jones is a good company to work for. Good opportunity for advancement. Good employee respect and support.
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 8, 2018
Edward Jones is a good company. My workday could be pleasant, busy and challenging. I enjoyed interacting with the clients. Our branch team got along well and we liked to see success towards our goals. The thing I didn't like about the one advisor/one BOA was the lack of interaction with co-workers. On slow days it could be very boring.
Pros
Show of respect and appreciation from company.
Cons
Lack of interaction with other people at times.
Great Customers
BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  St. James, MNSeptember 6, 2018
I loved meeting our clients and setting up appointments. I enjoyed making the reminder calls and getting to know our clients better. It was great to plan events to thank our clients for their patronage.
Pros
Great customers
Great training program.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NH 03053September 6, 2018
Edward Jones gives you all the tools needed to succeed in the business. They offer paid training to get your licenses. They send you to their own job training program at their headquarters and then they follow it up with constant support from the entire team. The hardest part of the job, for me, was being responsible for other people's life savings.
Cool I guess
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Very intense training. Do not forget after the months and months of training to pass exams all you are going to do is door knock until you meet enough people to call and make appointments with. VERY DIFFICULT!
Pros
Training for exams
Cons
door knocking
Productive work environment
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 3, 2018
Typical day included answering phone, opening accounts, processing paperwork and assisting clients as needed.
Edward Jones is a very family-oriented company that makes efforts to host social events that include our families. Co-workers are supportive and Edward Jones provides a network of resources for training and education.
Pros
Professional Office Environment; Good benefits
Cons
Low foot-traffic or one on one interactions w/ clients
Exceptional organization
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 1, 2018
They practice what they preach. Your district team is incredible and supports you as much as you need/want. The training program is top notch. They pay you to study and all exams for SEC certification. The only reason I left was a life change required I relocate and it just couldn't be worked out. It saddens me to this day!
Pros
People, Training, Schedule
Cons
Commission is intimidating
Provided administrative support to the Financial Advisor
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2018
*A typical day at work could include: Branch office record keeping. Processing branch expenses. Account processing. Phone and calendar management. Managed all incoming mail. Prepared and updated portfolio's under the direction of Financial Advisor. Prepared cost basis for client or tax preparer. Identified and anticipated clients needs and expectations. Managed the administrative aspect of a proactive contact management strategy. Managed distribution and personal follow-up of marketing mailers. Planned and handled logistics for events - seminars and broadcasts. Assisted with key referral marketing with accountants and attorneys. Online training, mentored and trained other Branch Office Administrators, supported regional activities and completed annual review of compliance manual. Also, updated CRM to assist in maintaining accurate client relationships.
*What I learned: People matter. Clients like the personal attention they received.
*Management: I worked in this office for 12 yrs with 5 different Financial Advisors. I learned to work with all different types of personalities.
*Workplace Culture: I was in a Region that held several different training meetings per month and that kept the relationships fresh among my co-workers in the other offices nearby.
*Hardest part of the job: Losing a client. Typically due to death.
*Most enjoyable part of the job: My clients. I was in that office for 12 yrs and considered everyone of them family.
Pros
Management, Clients and Co-workers.
Cons
Busy days with not enough time to complete my daily work. Didn't happen often.
Sales Job
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2018
The first couple years in this position is all prospecting and sales. Be ready to do lots of door to door sales. Edward Jones provides you the autonomy to run your business how you want, but unless you know a lot of high net worth people you will be expected to door knock every day.
Pros
Autonomy, Salary for first 4 years.
Cons
Door to Door Sales
Very professional atmosphere
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers Beach, FLAugust 28, 2018
Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. People are very helpful. I am an On Call employee. They call me and if available I will accept. I can pick locations I would like to work.
Pros
Accept assignment if I am available. Otherwise I can decline.
Cons
May have to drive a long distance to work.
Great Company
Sr. Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sun City West, AZAugust 28, 2018
I've worked for over 15 years for Edward Jones as a Branch Office Administrator and have loved every minute. It's a company that puts clients first, which is a rarity today.
Pros
flexibility, great benefits
Cons
not enough to do at times, two person office
Offers flexibility but the regional management is sub-par
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAAugust 28, 2018
The company has a stringent goal of adding more financial advisors all around the country, but small to mid-size communities are becoming saturated and veteran advisors often bring family members into the practice, therefore sharing assets and resources with bias.
challenging and interesting work environment
office manager (Former Employee) –  Maui, HIAugust 26, 2018
A typical day would consist of answering multiple phone lines, helping clients with questions and scheduling appointments , greeting clients ,organizing and processing paperwork.I learned a lot about investing and how the financial system works. Management was difficult because of many staff changes in the time I worked there.I really enjoyed the fact that I was challenged to learn new things and that I was forced to be out of my comfort zone , I learned a lot about myself and the whole experience gave me a new sense of confidence in my ability to learn and grow in a new environment. I truly enjoyed working with people and helping them with something so important as their financial life because no matter how much or how little a person may have finances are incredibly important to each and every individual and everyone deserves to be treated that way.
Pros
holidays and paid time off
Cons
too many staff changes
It is what you make of it- for the most part.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAAugust 23, 2018
Markets are unique, some much harder than others. Level of support was not what it should have been. As an advisor it is your business to build, but everyone is trying to do the same thing.
Pros
"your own boss"
Cons
support across all levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight