Edward Jones
Information from Edward Jones:

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

United States1,565 reviews
Found 1,565 reviews matching the search
Financial Advisor was all for himself. Did not compensate enough for the work that I had done for him. FA short cut policy and procedures of Edward Jones
Overall is a great place to work.. Pay is great. Being part-time, you don’t get the benefits of paid holidays or vacation time, but I understand and is flexible with taking time off.
Pros
Can leave to take lunch..
Cons
No health care, no vacation or holiday pay, unless you’re full time
Edward Jones has an amazing culture with resource groups for everything imaginable, young professionals, LGBTQ+ professionals, business resource groups for different ethnicities, races and cultures. It’s so easy to find leadership for any path you are passionate about following and the culture at Jones really surrounds inclusivity, diversity, and professional development. Edward Jones is eager to find a candidate with potential and help them grow into a career with endless opportunities to showcase talents that match your interests. I’m so grateful for the teams and team leaders that I had the pleasure of working with during my time at Jones. I will say post-secondary educational development seems to only be important to them if it meets their business needs but it IS a business so fair is fair. Overall my time at Jones was one I will look back at fondly.
Pros
The most drama free, professional, and inviting work environments I have been in.
Cons
Redundant work, only flexible with educational needs if it meets their business goals
Job can be very rewarding if you are working for the right financial advisor. Financial advisors are often not fair in their treatment of their office administrators and the ability to transfer to another office is often limited.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
You are at the mercy of the financial advisor. Little support from home office.
It can be a great career but get ready for working 6 days a week (including holidays) 10 hrs a day for very little pay the first few years. It is brutal knocking on doors to get business and that is where most people get all their clients. The first few years you are closely monitored and on tight sales requirements that often leave you wondering if you will still have a job in a few weeks. Most of the people working there are helpful if you are in a good region/office. If you can make it you can be very successful after 5 or 10 years but the first 5 will push you mentally. Ok training though its mostly product partners that train you and not Jones. Jones will teach you how to knock on doors and thats about it. If you are not VERY outgoing or not a A-type personality I would highly recommend going another direction.
Pros
Potential for lifelong career, having a job that is very helpful to community
Cons
Difficult sales goals, constant performance review, knocking on doors is brutal
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Not all that. ..Management takes care of themselves. Very structured and inflexible. Very much internal focus and one upmanship. Client focus is a hollow slogan.
Edward Jones is a wonderful company for which to work. They provide excellent support for employees willing to learn and achieve goals. The culture and environment are inclusive and encouraging.
Was a great place to work but financial advisor I worked with was mean and unfair to me over some personal issues I had at the time. I was fired for no fault of my own.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Built on great values. In the financial services world, this is the best company to work for. The flexibility in pay or top-notch and the ability to have ownership and autonomy are amazing. I know of no the firm that is quite like Edward Jones and the satisfaction of our financial advisors ranks highest year in and year out as does the satisfaction of our clients year in and year out.As our company comes upon its 100th year anniversary in 2022, I think it is a higher quality company as it was when I originally started and will continue to be the high quality standard into the future
Pros
Flexible schedule and great pay
Cons
Stress
The company is really one of the best companies to work for in St Louis area. Work from home policy is good. I loved working with all of my colleagues who are very friendly and supportive
Pros
Good help from colleagues and team lead
Cons
Contractors are fired easily
It is a great company if you know how to make your own way in the financial sector. I did not and quickly realized I had no desire to learn and quit shortly after being licensed. They care very deeply about their clients and their brand and I feel I was always treated fairly. That said, you are expected to grow your client book by knocking on doors. It is a very important part of the culture and philosophy of the company that dates back to its founder, but it is absolutely killing the company in metropolitan areas like where I am. You are sent alone and unafraid into communities that have clearly posted "No Soliciting" signs and other signs that clearly explain that you are unwanted there. A large part of your training in St. Louis is actually about overcoming objections to your essentially illegal presence in a neighborhood. They even sent a guy to teach me how to use social media to work my way into gated communities. Having cops called on us seemed to be a rite of passage. It was not unusual for some to end up in police cars, narrowly escaping arrest or heavy fines. As you can expect in the days of social media and door bell cameras, I never met a single worthy prospect knocking on doors. I did find every meth lab and bully in every neighborhood in my market. They also did not do the greatest job aligning advisors with their markets. Everybody was friendly and did whatever they could to help me, but in the end, I just felt like I was a very well-dressed shady door-to-door salesman in a suited up tiered marketing scheme.
Pros
Excellent family friendly culture focused on work/life balance (not money)
Cons
Outdated business model and marketing strategy that does not compete in metropolitan areas
Great work culture, the training can be a bit rough around the edges in the beginning but it is an excellent company to work for. Not the beat health insurance but the 401k/profit sharing is a bonus
Wish I would have started with Edward Jones years ago. They truly are a good company who cares about their clients and their needs. The company provides great training and a professional atmosphere. You will meet some truly wonderful people.
Engaging work atmosphere, variety of daily tasks, unique and interesting clientele, online education, support from local offices, rewards and public notice for accomplishments
Pros
Stimulates my brain
Cons
Minimum people in the office
They don't care how the branch office administrator is treated by the financial advisor. HR DOES NOT help you and if a financial advisor does not like you, they will manipulate a situation to suite their needs to terminate you. They are all just puppets. There is no accountability that the financial advisor adheres to.
But, if you enjoy being bored doing absolutely nothing then this is the job for you And 99% of your day is being a telemarketer making "proactive" calls to unresponsive clients.
Edward Jones is a great company. It is well managed and it cares about it's employees. It has a family atmosphere, and the values are in the right place because they really care about doing what's right for clients. They are a high performance company. If you are a financial advisor, you will work hard at what you do but be rewarded and encouraged for your success. This job is not for the faint of heart. It is really hard. If you like sales, you will like it more. If you like people, you will like it more. Be ready to learn a lot - investments, life insurance, annuities, regulations. You will do well if you like being your own boss and being a local business person in your community, but you are also willing to follow the rules of a larger organization. This job will stretch you. You will grow as a person. One drawback is it's hard to move, so make sure you really want to spend your career where you establish your office. Overall, I think Edward Jones is a great company. They demand a lot. In return, they give a lot.
worked for this company 11 yrs. Fa jobs are poorly trained, they dangle the carrot in your face to entice you greatly then if u don't fit in w the clique, they ignore you. Boa- pressure clients and do the fa job unless ur lucky enough to get a decent fa, then they leave in long run. No advancement, very little raises and they overwork you.
Plenty of training, people with great knowledge to lend a hand, off site help whenever you need it. Fun, nice people to work with and for. Always a way to move up in the company. Great opportunities.
The team was very helpful and encouraged the new candidates. Business team and Dev team were awesome and very knowledgeable. The business and Dev team are vey knowledgeable about the products and applications
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Edward Jones is a great company to work for - I only was very bored because I was wasting my skills and not being able to utilize all of them. This is a greater starter position to anyone’s career (or) for that person who wants to slow down.
Only one thing they pay attention to, sales. No need for intelligence or skill in the craft of financial management. They will hire anyone that pledges to sell, sell, sell.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

30%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.