Edward Jones
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

United States1,834 reviews

Found 1,834 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,960 reviews

Good firm to start with and get trained

Doorknocking is never fun, but if you start young it really helps you build a thick skin for the role in the future. People care to a certain point, which is nice.

I wouldn't refer anyone to work for this company

Years ago this was a great place to work. Since the new managing partner took over is has been horrible. Look elsewhere for employment with better pay

Pros

Flexibility of schedule, one-on-one working with Financial Advisor

Cons

Management doesn't listen to the field, pay is below par

Edward Jones insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Love it

Good company To work for understands the needs of its employer love working for my finnacial advisor good training , if you don’t know the answer back office is always there to help

Good work environment working with members of the community.

I enjoyed working for Edward Jones and assisting the FA in helping individuals plan for retirement. I felt appreciated and our Regional management created a strong sense of community among FAs and BOAs.

Company lacks proper training for advisors

Company is a huge "Boy's Club" even tho the CEO is a woman. BOA's are second class citizens compared to advisors. Clients are not top priority with most of the advisors.

Jones has been very good to me as far as work life balance, client relationships, and overall work environment. Training is condensed into 6 months and all virtual for the BOA role. Generous PTO from the start, and a great professional community. Working in a two/three person office can seem a little daunting, but I haven’t found it difficult to find a good balance. I’ve created a stable relationship with my Financial Advisor, as well as with other fellow BOAs in the region.

Not what it used to be

Company going in a new (and not so great) direction. New employees get good perks and raises for the first couple of years, while those of us that have been here get screwed.

horrible

Run for your life. BOA in office with me was not helpful or supportive and FA was a diva. It was awful and thankfully I got out. The hard way. It is bar none the absolute worst job of my entire career. I am happy again.

Pros

Cons

all

Fun work place but lacks outside management

Financial advisor had me do stuff that wasn't in job discription; I did it anyways. There was one two of us in the office so if there was a conflict of interest it made it a bit awkward to work.

Pros

The clients, the benefits, the other employees

Cons

Only having one other person in the office

It was okay

It was an alright place to work. I wish I got paid a little more after learning advanced skills. I worked through a temp agency, which is probably why I didn't end up getting more.

great benefits, 1 to 1 bus model

great benefits which offset their business model of 1 BOA to 1 FA office the FA is in charge good training program bonuses great time off and disability insurance

I left because I couldn't grow

I worked in a busy department. I wanted to grow with the company and asked about growth opportunities, but felt like I was discouraged from growing and seeking out other opportunities within the company. I felt that management was lacking direction.

Salesy

They help in obtaining your licenses: they support with training and salary. This is a good path to enter the industry in advanced stages in your professional life. Though, you can’t keep your clients and bring them to other brokerage firms, so in the case Edward Jones is not a good fit for you, the career change is hardly sustainable. By the other hand and regarding to sales of financial services, I felt I was on my own. Everyone will say they support, but no one actually does. Everything is about reaching sales goals.

I love my job. Great benefits. Great work/life balance. Training and support is top notch. Culture is strong. It can be a little overwhelming at first but many levels of support available.

Older people need not apply

The firm has changed. Teams are being led by recent grads with no experience who treat older, experienced associates like they are children. Take your hard earned money somewhere else where the people managing it understand what it took for you to earn it.

Pros

The firm has plenty of money.

Cons

Who you know gets you promoted.

Hard Work

Either you cut it or you dont. Either way they will smile. They have the resources for you to be successful, but there is still a little bit of the "good ole boy" environment.

Stressful

The financial advisors are treated like royalty. Gets paid well, gets bonuses’ and trips. The BOA gets minimum pay for a ton of workload and a lot of the BOA’s do the financial advisors work also. The financial advisor is the supervisor over the BOA and if you don’t do what they tell you to do, they can make your working conditions hard

Interesting people to talk with.

Talking with the clients is the most enjoyable part of my day. You become close to them and their goals and dreams. Everyone is different with where they are heading for retirement or still working towards that goal. We have the most compliance safety net that is done every year and required by all employees which is good.

Pros

Rapport with clients

Cons

Short lunch break

Nice job but going thru tough times.

Good job but they are going thru turbulent times.New Higher up Management has decided that we are going to the cloud whether we are ready or not.Pros : medical benefits , vac, PTO

Flexible but bad pay and cliquey

As a BOA you will be treated less than the Financial Advisors. They will have trip rewards, bonuses, only FA held events while you sit in the office excluded. The diversity is severely lacking and the work is boring. The do not pay well and do not provide career advancements. You will also not interact with anyone else besides your FA and clients on a daily basis.

Pros

Supportive co-workers in different offices

Cons

Poor pay, benefits, career advancement

BOA Pay/ FA makes overall decision on raises and bonus.

Love working for Edward Jones but in a 2 person office it is important to communicate. BOA pay should be reevaluated and based on performance with eligibility for higher pay increases for exceptional performance.

Common questions about Edward Jones

Answered by current and former employees at Edward Jones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss