Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Found 1,153 reviews matching the search See all 1,225 reviews
Fortune 500 Top Companies to Work For
IS Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 12, 2018
Top Companies to work for based on Fortune 500. There are many opportunities for someone who would like to be a Financial Advisor. The benefits are comparable to the financial industry.
I always felt appriciated
Regional Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 8, 2018
Working for Edward Jones has been what I consider a privilege. I have felt appreciated by my manager and clients from day one. The amount of knowledge I have gained and still continue to gain each day is amazing.
First Class All the Way
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, OR, Bend ORNovember 7, 2018
A typical day is 8 to 10 hours. Calling existing clients to review accounts and keep them up to date on any portfolio changes needed. Meet with several clients to review their portfolios. Market to increase client base. Make needed trades. Create Financial plans as needed. I learned a lot about the stock market, and financial products. Financial planning, creating portfolios, sales, marketing, business management. The culture I found to be a bit different from city to city or district to district depending on the district manager. The a big part of the culture was passed down to the employees by telling the story of Ed Jones and how he and his son started the company.
The hardest part of the job during the first six to eight years is meeting the monthly sales quotas. The more successful you became the higher the quotas were. The joys of the job were many.The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the strong customer relationships that you develop with each of your clients.
Pros
Great company and great training.
Cons
During normal times the sales goals are doable, Pressure to perform during times like recession can be overwhelming, A lot of EJ advisors lost their jobs due to a lack of company flexability during that time.
Great company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 6, 2018
Edward Jones and the job overall is a great opportunity if you are willing to work hard and do the work necessary to build your business. Be prepared for a lot of rejection but if you can push through it you will succeed.
Terrible place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 4, 2018
Run before it is too late! This is a terrible place to work. Management treats employees as stepping stones for their own progression in the firm. They constantly take credit for work of others, while spending their time socializing with friends and sucking up to partners. Partners keep promoting their friends. Some women leaders got there based on their looks and their "relationship" with partners.
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
terrible culture
Great environment
BUSINESS OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 4, 2018
Daily tasks consisted of customer care and meetings with the financial advisor throughout the day. As an on-call there was no chance of advancing, but the other administrators were very helpful and the customers were generally polite. I learned all about insurance and the stock market and making trades. Very tedious, not a lot of free time, there was always something to do or a phone to answer. but very enjoyable.
Client retention
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDNovember 1, 2018
I this overcrowded service market where competition is rough and clients are scarce , I learned the importance of team work , the management dedication , how crucial regurality
Very supportive culture
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAOctober 31, 2018
I loved my job but my manager was not the best and we ended up parting ways after some time. She also left Edward Jones to pursue her financial adviser position with another company.
Great company; each financial advisor/manager is different
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 30, 2018
While the job was stressful, I really enjoyed working under the previous management. The company as a whole is a great place to work. My current manager has a high level of stress, which overflows in the workplace.

My job consisted of preparing the financial advisor for client appointments, which included summarizing current activity in the client's accounts to anticipating needs. I also answered the phone and took care of any administrative needs of clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job is client care. The typical job stress came from preparing forms without error.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
manager
An amazing place to work. I just need full time employment.
On-Call Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 28, 2018
I enjoy working here. It’s an awesome place to work but I need full time work. The people that work here are very helpful. It’s a relaxed but professional work environment.
Good company with strong Mission.
Transitional Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MO 63043October 24, 2018
The entire idea behind the firm is to serve the individual investor. Their network and support structure, down to the individual branch business model, was very successful in neighborhoods and small town.

In major cities, however, you would find that some of your toughest competition would be EDJ itself.
Best Choice for Financial Services Industry
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 24, 2018
Great culture, everyone was so helpful and does what they can to help you succeed in your business. Plus there are many perks available to employees such as a 401(K) and profit sharing.
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Florida Keys, FLOctober 23, 2018
great company to work for. Unlimited earing potential. Must like working and interacting with people every day and must be able to handle difficult people and situations.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
Starting at 0 each month
Challenging
TEAM LEADER CASH DISBURSEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Wait Louis, moOctober 22, 2018
Always plenty of work to do. High standards and high productivity requirements each day for the hourly positions. Very competitive wages. Benefits below average
Pros
No overtime
Cons
Poor benefits
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 19, 2018
My time at Edward Jones had been a wonderful experience. My fellow co-workers were great and I always had someone to help me when I had questions. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in getting into the Finance and Investment Industry.
A great company to work for
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Belfair, WAOctober 18, 2018
Edward Jones has great benefits, job security and recognizes those that work hard. Detail oriented, feeling trusted and confident in the training and support of the entire company is a good feeling.
Pros
Job security, great benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement after a certain level is attained
SENIOR BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 17, 2018
Edward Jones is one of the best financial services firms to do business with and to work for. They're unique in that they have offices set up with an advisor and an office administrator, giving a small business feeling. But they are not a small business, and there are vast resources available. They offer great benefits and focus on fair treatment to all employees and positive work environment.
Pros
Benefits, advancement
Cons
Can be slow, lack of online options for customers
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCOctober 17, 2018
Edward Jones is a great company to work for. The company puts a lot of time and effort into each and every person. Unfortunately the job isn't for everyone.
Good Company
Business Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 15, 2018
Family Oriented company. i ENJOYED MY TIME HERE, ALTHOUGH IT WAS A STEPPING STONE FOR ME TO ANOTHER COMPANY. This is a great place to work if you are in touch with the culture.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Depends on the Person
It's an administrative position
Branch Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 14, 2018
No growth opportunity. Too administrative for me. Financial advisor makes the difference. The company needs to work on training new Financial advisors on how to manage.
Pros
mon - fri job
Cons
boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight