Edward Jones
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100
View all Edward Jones reviews

Edward Jones

Edward Jones FINANCIAL ADVISOR Review

Not the right fit for me

I can't find enough good things to say about Edward Jones. I got hired at a young age with the ability to use my degree and serve the people of my community. The firm invested a large amount of resources in me from mentoring to time spent training. Unfortunately, the role and opportunity was not for me. I was just not able to handle the stress and pressure that came with the role of a Financial Advisor. While I am disappointed it did not work out, I am still a fan of Edward Jones and the way their Financial Advisors conduct themselves and serve their clients.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

Good firm to start with and get trained

Doorknocking is never fun, but if you start young it really helps you build a thick skin for the role in the future. People care to a certain point, which is nice.

Salesy

They help in obtaining your licenses: they support with training and salary. This is a good path to enter the industry in advanced stages in your professional life. Though, you can’t keep your clients and bring them to other brokerage firms, so in the case Edward Jones is not a good fit for you, the career change is hardly sustainable. By the other hand and regarding to sales of financial services, I felt I was on my own. Everyone will say they support, but no one actually does. Everything is about reaching sales goals.

Hard Work

Either you cut it or you dont. Either way they will smile. They have the resources for you to be successful, but there is still a little bit of the "good ole boy" environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Edward Jones with

• Edward Jones
  • Not the right fit for me