Edward Jones
59Below average

Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Found 1,603 reviews matching the search
ED Jones had a pleasant work atmosphere. The department I worked was transferred out to Tempe Arizona which forced me to have find another job quickly
Pros
The food in the cafeteria was good not free but good.
Cons
No much opportunity for advancement
Overall a very fair, balanced, and stable place to have a career where the "employees" are the stockholders. Edward Jones does a great job training you for every role imaginable. The only con is there is too much training...
As a branch office administrator, the job is what you make it. We work closely to build relationships with our clients. I have the freedom to spend time getting to know clients and celebrating their successes. I enjoy a flexible schedule, if I have a need, I can take time off. The longer you work with the firm, the more PTO you earn. This company really cares for their employees! When our office was closed for a local disaster, I was able to continue receiving my paycheck. And they helped us work from another office until our reopened. During the Covid shutdown, our company worked quickly to get us all the ability to work from home for as long as we needed to. They really stepped up to keep us working and engaged.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid time off.
Cons
Lower than the economy pay, but still not bad.
On an average day, I'm answering calls from branches all day. I have to assist them in errors/troubleshooting/ how to do online processes for transferring clients into Edward Jones. It is very daunting at first. All the training in the world won't completely prepare you for jumping in by yourself but they spend weeks training you before setting you loose alone. The hardest part is knowing all the processes ad the answers to everything branches might call asking for help on. Management is very helpful, however, and fellow department mates are as well. The pay is great for it to be a service rep job.
Pros
Compensation, training, management, co-workers
Cons
Too much information in a short amount of time to learn it, Very redundant work and not good for someone who prefers to keep busy in different tasks
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Great place to work. Co workers are your family and everyone wants to help you succeed. Clients become family also. Good work life balance. Good pay. Health insurance may be a little expensive. But you have an opportunity for partnership which increases pay and helps with retirement.
Pros
Partnership
Cons
Locally you’re only one of two positions
The people are the best thing about the firm. The work can be dull but the people are genuinely nice and smart. Great place to learn and feel valued for your contributions.
Edward Jones is a fantastic firm to work for. It can be tough at first like any firm but they have good culture, pay and people. You won't be remiss to work for this firm.
Pros
Compensation and culture
Cons
Hard work for the first 3-5 years
Its an awesome place to work..but you need to be in a 2 income family at the start of your career here. It has a lot of flexibility of time and fun programs to help unite the family
Pros
Family orientation
Cons
Reducing pay and commission
Because of the one on one branch situation the Supervisor (financial Advisor) is able to treat the Branch Office Admin. any way they want, often badly. If you reach out to HR it get worse and constructive termination begin until the work environment becomes so hostel and intolerable. This situation happens very often.
benefits
Cons
Difficult field to break into. You are asked to find numerous clients with money to invest. That means you most likely have to network your friends and family. That can be a tough sell if you are not really into sales.
Pros
Possibility of making over $100k per year
Cons
A lot like a sales job
I worked for 6 years as a full-time BOA, and then worked as an on-call for the past year, part time. Unfortunately, there are no real benefits for part-time workers. I am retiring at the end of the year and have been overall very happy with my experience. It is very important to get into an office where the FA is a decent person. Most of them are, but there are also bad apples out there and they rarely fire those people.
Pros
Full-timers get generous holiday and vacation, 401k match, much more!
Cons
Wish they had benefits for part-time workers.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Edward Jones is important to everyone there.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Edward Jones were fair and I was able to get an increase each year. Plus I could qualify for bonuses and other rewards!Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Edward Jones, I think you feel safe in your job security.ManagementIn general, managers at Edward Jones are helpful and caring.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Edward Jones is recommended and easily done.OverallMy experience working at Edward Jones was amazing. I’ll miss it greatly and would recommend it to anyone!
Edward Jones is a great place to work! Lots of home office support for the local offices! Offices are run independently. You have help whenever you ask for it and the people are very friendly too!
I have been with EJ 25+ years. I now make just over $1million in annual income. I manage almost $300 million in assets. I started with nothing after my discharge from the army. You have to be thick skinned, and a hard worker to succeed. Military veterans do extremely well here. When I read other reviews that are negative I detect lack of work ethic and thinking you are too good to be a salesperson. Work hard, do what’s right, take care of and love your clients and you may go as far or further than me. Stop whining and start working and CARE, and you’ll be happy.Ethical, Legal, and Profitable is all we ask. Oh yes, and the employees own the company!
Pros
Clients you will love like family, Hard fulfilling work, Unlimited earning, Owning the company you work for.
Cons
Politics if you want to go into management (I didn’t), HR is a cop with a high school diploma and a gun. Newspeak.
Diversity and inclusion are important to this company. Pay is fair given the job. There are opportunities for advancement that I see come up regularly.
Pros
Flexible, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, strange part time arrangements
Great training and a great overall place to work. But job in general is sales, and when COVID hit I don't think this company was fit to handle it. Lack of presence in the technology space, and too much preasure from compliance to even market yourself.
Pros
Great pay, and benefits
Cons
Work life balance tough
Good place to start your career in the financial services industry. Nice people and customer focused values. Will be hard to move up quickly or get paid well.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Low pay
I worked for Edward Jones for 27 years. I learned so much about investing and saving for my own future. I learned the difference between stocks and mutual funds. I worked for very successful financial advisors and they treated me very well. The office consists of you and your boss. It was a very rewarding job.
Pros
learning to invest and save for your future
Cons
I was employed for a little less then 2 yrs. I enjoyed getting to know the clients and building their trust. I was a top performer when it came to product sales. Unfortunately I worked for an FA who was a bully and micromanager. In my 40 yrs of working, never have I encountered someone so hateful and unprofessional. She bullied & verbally insulted me & my coworker the first week on the job. My coworker quit the 2nd week. I complained to HR on more then one occasion but I was later terminated for misconduct. They told me I most likely would not be able to collect unemployment. They were wrong. TWC found no misconduct on my part. My FA also marked me as not rehirable. I feel I was discriminated against and I have filed a complaint with the EEOC, the company has yet to reach out to me.
Pros
Getting to know the wonderful clients and the support from other BOA’s in the region
Cons
No support from home office when you report discrimination
Edward Jones is a company that appreciates their employees, pays them well, has good benefits and ample vacation time. This is not a company that will micro manage you. Edward Jones encourages development and growth. Nothing will hold you back from advancement if you put in the hard work. This is a company where you can truly strive towards ambitious goals and suceed!
Pros
Development opportunities
Cons
Dress code is fairly strict.
When looking for an investment company to invest with or work for investigate how they treat their administrators before you use them. This firm routinely looks the other way when financial advisors shirk their responsibilities to work with their administrators. Advisors are free to treat their administrative assistants with disrespect and are not held accountable for their poor leadership skills.
Pros
vacation policy after 10 years is good
Cons
no support from human resources if you experience disrespect from advisor
  1. Employee Reviews