Edward Jones

3.5Pay & Benefits

Found 175 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,006 reviews
edwardadvisorfinancialboabranchknockingclientinvestment

Decent starter job

Decent starter job for someone looking to build a career, or a good job for someone who needs a regular schedule but not too concerned with better pay.

Great Company

EJ is a super company! It feels like a big family. They have raised their compensation starting levels and have a fantastic training program. When you interview, do your best to make sure you are a good fit with the FA. That will make or break your days. If you get an FA that is a bad boss, who doesn’t believe in the EJ “Team spirit”, there are avenues at a higher level to get support and help. If you get a good-great FA- you will love your job!

Edward Jones insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Steady and Reliable

The administrator job is what you make of it. If you are eager to learn, you are rewarded. If you want to simply answer phones and do the bare minimum— don’t expect rewards past your paycheck.

Pros

Pto, Health Insurance

Cons

High deductible insurance, scarce WFH opportunities

Great depending on your FA

Really great place to work, with great benefits, IF you have a good financial advisor. In this role, there is only 1 FA and 1 BOA so if there is tension or any issues it can be very awkward. But if you are paired with a FA who wants to work and rewardd for hard work, it's great.

Not flexible!

I feel like I have zero flexibility. There’s only two of us in a branch. My boss is a young guy that has no business being a leader. Compensation is not great benefits are awful

Not what it used to be

Company going in a new (and not so great) direction. New employees get good perks and raises for the first couple of years, while those of us that have been here get screwed.

Fun work place but lacks outside management

Financial advisor had me do stuff that wasn't in job discription; I did it anyways. There was one two of us in the office so if there was a conflict of interest it made it a bit awkward to work.

Pros

The clients, the benefits, the other employees

Cons

Only having one other person in the office

I love my job. Great benefits. Great work/life balance. Training and support is top notch. Culture is strong. It can be a little overwhelming at first but many levels of support available.

Overall, a good place to work

A 2 person office can present challenges. In order to work, both parties have to put forth effort to make the work environment a positive place. I didn’t find the onboarding helpful in actually learning the everyday skills to perform my job. You’ll need to be able to work well independently, use your resources and be motivated to learn, to be successful. There has not been much room for growth in this position, although the company is making some positive changes in that respect. The company continually asks us for feedback in all areas and does actually listen and make changes. There is a lot of emphasis that the branches are “teams and partners”, but the compensation and bonus sharing says otherwise.

Pros

Home office support, company is evolving

Cons

Current pay/bonus structure needs some work

A branch has a finical advisor and a BOA so there is no room for advancement.

The starting salary is low and your lucky if you get a 1.5% pay increase at review time. It's best to work at a branch where the financial advisor level is an 8, 9 or 10 other wise your bonuses are not very much.

Inclusivity and flexibility

If you work with a great Financial Advisor the office setting is fantastic—if not, look out. If you do end up in an unfavorable office, there is opportunity to transfer to other offices. BOAs are considered part of a team, however, compensation from corporate speaks much more heavily toward FAs. Understand that FAs have to be licensed and should be compensated well for their work but the BOA is generally carrying as much of the actual work as the FA, just not “selling”. Could be a much better compensation balance. Health benefits, like many other companies these days, falls a bit short. Bonuses are nice! Even better if your FA truly treats you as an equal on the team but I know of some offices where they keep the bonuses for themselves—ugh.

If you are with the right office and team it goes well. The pay is not to standards and outdated model of a max. percent of 3-3.5% each year.

The training is good. Has a mentor program for new hires. The pay is not what it should be for the job duties and tasks that are done. Bonus payments are quarterly and dependent on level and profitability of branch so until an advisor has that level the "bonus" isnt that great

Excellent Company!!

This company invests so much in thier employees. Onboarding for a Branch Office Administrator is a 12 month training program that includes a personal mentor, and a home office staff that is exceptional!!! I love working at Edward Jones and for my Financial Advisor. They compensate well and made every accommodation possible during COVID (temporary remote work options, extra sick time, protective measures). They have a very supportive company culture and provide many resources to help your branch succeed. No wonder why so many employees stay for decades. I would highly recommend working for Edward Jones. My only complaint is they really need more remote employment opportunities.

Pros

Benefits, compensation, team support, training

Cons

No remote employment options

Rewarding, challenging and exciting

Absolutely wonderful place to work! The work can be challenging but you're making a difference in so many lives. There is a lot to learn but you are supported every step of the way. The benefits are outstanding, communication is exceptional and you are always made to feel valuable and important.

Great company overall

Edward Jones has been an awesome company to work for. I started 8 months prior to the virus outbreak and the way the company pivoted was amazing!! Branch Office Administrators were heard and accommodated. Corporate is working really hard to scrub their image and keep up with all of the regulatory changes. You must get along really well with your financial advisor or days will be long and difficult. The amount of knowledge BOAs are required to learn is astronomical, but very rewarding when able to successfully help a client and their family. Benefits are typical for this size firm. Longevity earns very little pay increase.

Pros

Safe, inclusive environment.

Cons

Pay for branch office administrators is pennies compared to similar positions, Very little compensation compared to financial advisor in a successful/profitable branch, FAs are constantly being rewarded with cash and trips while the BOAs get a pat on the back.

Terrible compensation and home office

BOA is ridiculous even when promoted to Sr. HR is terrible and always sides with the FA bc they bring in the money so your opinion doesn’t matter. Home office has gone downhill the last 2 years, no one is helpful and you get different answers. The work flexibility is nice for me but that just depends on the FA bc a lot of time the FA’s arent very nice and rude to their BOA’s. I’ve been here over 5 years and my salary is almost the exact same as someone who could be hired today. I confronted HR about this and they shrugged and said sorry nothing we can do. 0/10.

Depends on the Financial Advisor

The job of a BOA is very dependent upon whether your financial advisor is hard working and supportive. It is not uncommon for the financial advisor to place undue workload on the BOA, and the pay is not commensurate.

Pros

Excellent company culture, good benefits

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, compensation is not commensurate with accountability that is placed on the BOA

Learning every day

Serve long-term clients. Family culture. Opportunity to grow. Many locations - relocation is possible. Ongoing training available. Great benefits offered.

Only a 2 person office

Myself and the new FA DIDN'T get along. I worked for 3 other FA's and got along with them. Brought in a new FA and within 6 months I was terminated. FA wanted a younger version of herself. Was a toxic work environment and reaching out to HR didn't help at all. Loved the clients and the general work with helping. them. Great benefits

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Toxic work environment

5 Years Then Done

Good company for getting a start but they will lock you into the corporate box which can be limiting. Managing partners lack the awareness of employee recommendation and only work for their own compensation.

BOA’s often have large workloads. FA’s don’t have to share trimester branch bonuses

The main company as a whole is a great place to work if you’re lucky enough to find an FA that is fair, believes in teamwork and takes responsibility for the good and bad of daily work

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

The Financial Advisors are not always team players