Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Found 1,043 reviews matching the search See all 1,108 reviews
Phenomenal Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2018
Great company culture, they truly practice what they preach as far as employee satisfaction is concerned. I always felt that there was someone to listen to my concerns and help me make the most out of my career. Training is second to none
A High Powered Company
On-Call Branch Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCMay 23, 2018
This is a company where people are built on respecting others and forming relationships with other people. The financial brokers work tirelessly to communicate effectively with their clients.
Great culture but not for everybody
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  CTMay 23, 2018
The company has a great culture. Everybody helps you and cheers for you. It is about if this job is for you or not.

There is no work or life balance if you want to be successful for the first 3-5 years. Another thing to think about is door to door prospecting. Is that right for you? Before getting into this job, you really need to think about your family structure, health situation, your goals and foremost how far you are willing to go.

Again, great culture and company if you check all of the above considerations.
Pros
Support, culture
Cons
work life imbalance
Professional Work Environment Depends on “Leader”
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 18, 2018
There are so many positive aspects to the culture at EdwardJones, however Financial Advisors are called Leaders and most do not have those qualities. It is extremely hard to work in small-office environment with “leaders” that act one way with clients and another with BOA. Some Financial Advisors only sell to make money and are greedy when it comes time to share the bonuses that are Given to them. If all employees are team members all should get bonus when work is great-not leaving it up to the Leaders greed. walk the walk of the talk!
Benefits
Cons
Investment Advisors need more oversight
Great Training
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 16, 2018
Edward Jones is a great organization to work for. Edward Jones has on of the best training programs in the industry. I have learned many things through working with them.
Exceptional Company
Senior Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, NCMay 15, 2018
I have been with the company for over 8 years as a Senior Branch Office Administrator. I am an integral part of a two-person team, me and an experienced financial advisor. We work very well together and give excellent service to our clients. I love working in a small branch office, knowing that I have the support of a company 40,000 strong. I am relocating soon and hope to find another position within the company. Benefits are great, people are extremely helpful. I enjoy going to work every day!
Pros
Great working environment, opportunity to become a Limited Partner, meeting great people, mentorship opportunities, bonus potential
Cons
Jobs are hard to find since people hang on to them for a long time!
Good family environmet
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 14, 2018
Great company with a wonderful family atmosphere. Good for mothers needing flexible hours. But the average pay is lower than other companies, so something to consider
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Pay
Edward Jones IS Helpdesk
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 10, 2018
The Helpdesk is very under staffed as well as the other service oriented departments. Sales is the Priority and not the Support of the End Users/Sales force. There was job security, but if an associate made a mistake, they were replaced, as there was a constant pool of associates in line for a career at Edward Jones.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The service areas were not focused on taking care of associates
Ok
Business Planning Support Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
Nice people. New buildings and covered parking are a real plus. Onsite café is a bonus. I could work here. Very respectful of personal time and needs.
Closed System
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 9, 2018
There is an Edward Jones way of doing things. For those who accept it, advancement opportunities exist. Those who start their careers with Edward Jones have the advantage.
Pros
Potential for Partnership
Cons
Group Think
Edward Jones
Branch Office Administrative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2018
My job as an Branch Office Administrator was a good learning environment for the various aspects of the financial work force. I helped with setting up accounts for clients as direct by the financial advisor.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not my idea of a career
On call branch office assistant
On-Call Branch Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXMay 8, 2018
Not sure. Contract assignments until a permanent position is available or opens at a branch location. This position fills vacations, maternity leave, sick days, PTO, etc.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
not alot of training
EDJ is a good place to work. Education is offered everyday and new software training is available. Pay is good but raises are not very good.
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMay 6, 2018
Arriving to work and start the day I : get ready for appointments. Check any message from St. Louis, handle them and start to make calls to clients .

When new clients come in I make all information available to them about our services.

Answer phone and set up appointments for client to come see FA

Make call to remind clients of their appointments the next day
Pros
Bonsus
Great place to move your practice, bad place to start your practice
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 4, 2018
Edward Jones is a great place to be if you have a large book and want to be left alone to make lots of money and help your clients.

However, if you are just starting out in the business and you need help and guidance, then this place is a bad place to start.

Their ideas and strategies on finding and prospecting new clients is so old school, I'm surprised they are still in business.

I hear ALL the time, "id never give my money to someone who knocked on my door" and yet that is how the do it, you are nothing but a door to door sales person begging for money from people to build your book.

Id rather cold call all day long, than get yelled at all day by people at their doors... Door to door sales is NOT the way to build a professional wealth management business.
Pros
You are left alone
Cons
Terrible business model for prospecting new clients.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALApril 28, 2018
Nice variety in work. Set your own hours, but be prepared to work a lot. Guaranteed salary is low, but definitely helps before commissions start coming in. Be forewarned it is a sales job.
Great place to work with great people who love what they do
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 26, 2018
I learned my true strengths and weaknesses in the work place and improved my professionalism
The hardest thing about the job was going out to find new clients in the area
The culture was one that thrived on giving and supporting each other
Every office I worked in was great!
On Call Business Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 26, 2018
Every manager was great as well as the customers! Its hard to be an on call because you don't know as much as the regular office people so if the customers aren't nice it makes it that much harder on you! That was never the case for me at any of the Edward Jones offices!
Grateful for the 2 Advisors and how much I grew/learned
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 26, 2018
I started at EJ knowing Nothing about the financial industry with a young advisor. Everyday learning through modules and mentors while performing my daily admin duties. When relocated to NH EJ office the advisor I worked with took me under her wing teaching me everyday a little more about the industry, policies and procedures along with the other Branch office Admins I was mentored by. She was an amazing leader, trainer teacher. I struggled with some of the terms and paperwork process (that was hardest part) Then her leaving EJ to go to another financial institution. The FA replacing her already had an admin and wanted me replaced. Our personalities and work habits were not compatible so agreed to part ways
Pros
excellent training, support, room for growth
Cons
none to say
Very regimented
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 26, 2018
The training and products were all geered towards using their products and services and I thought they were lacking in some major areas. There are so many Edward Jones Reps I found myself constatntly competing with other Edward Jones Reps.
Pros
Make Reps work hard
Cons
Must use only their products
Assist clients with investment needs
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lemoyne, PA 17043April 26, 2018
strong ties made with clients - time spent getting to know them and their specific needs to be able to provide them with the best possible investment choices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight