Edward Jones Employee Reviews

Edj
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 15, 2018
Edward Jones is great company to work for with a very strong culture. They provide ample benefits to employees are very eager to assist when necessary. Room for growth felt limited.
Excellent Company
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 13, 2018
Edward Jones is a wonderful company to work for. They definitely believe in rewarding their employees for hard work. The hours are great as are the benefits.
Pros
Benefits, holidays
Cons
No real room for advancement as a BOA
Sell, Sell, Sell
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Basalt, COFebruary 13, 2018
This is a sales job! This is an amazing opportunity for the right type of people. Knocking on doors and going business to business to gain new clients. Huge potential! The training is on line, I wish it would have been in a class room setting.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Knocking on doors
Not what they coach it up to be
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2018
The manager is self absorbed and does not truly believe in his people. Honesty does not work for him if it does not reflect well for him specifically. The most enjoyable part was truly helping people plan for their retirement or live in their retirement. There were a few instances where other factors were enjoyable such as the level new leader and some of the supporting leadership.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Regional Leader
Good culture if you're a sales professional
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2018
I may have been able to do this job in the right circumstances, but I'll likely never know. I started my licensing process in 2008 when the market was at 13k, when I finished and was able to sell, the market was a bit over 6k. So nobody wanted to talk to me about investing. It's a shame too, I could have made some people a ton of money if they had taken my advice. But my hometown had lots of layoffs and people were scared, so I understand.

Anyway, none of that is the fault of Edward Jones. They paid for me to learn and get licensed. They paid for my materials, and TONS of training, including trips to St Louis to take classes and get tons of hands on experience. Their system works for a lot of people, including some during that downturn. I just wasn't one of them.

If you're a natural seller, you can do very well here, there are lots of multi-millionaires walking around that place, and if you do well with them, they will offer you a partnership in the company, which is hugely lucrative. If that's something you can do, then I don't know of a better place to do it. Go get it!
Pros
Be own boss, unlimited income potental, great support
Cons
Long Hours, lots of rejection, door to door
great place to work
ON-CALL BRANCH OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Dexter, MIFebruary 10, 2018
Edward Jones is a great place to work. It was a little hard to adjusting to the 2-person only office dynamic, but now it is great. It is great meeting with clients on a daily basis. There is always something going on and is a fast-paced environment. You definitely have to know how to multitask.
Pros
once full-time, excellent benefits and stock options
Cons
BOAs are paid low for the amount of work they do
A great company to work for.
Branch Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 10, 2018
Enjoyed taking calls from branches and solving there problems. 30+ years with the company was very enjoyable. Company allways stayed ahead of the rest of the industry in using Data Processing to support the branches.
Excellent company
Sr. Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Acton, MAFebruary 8, 2018
But it all depends on how good your financial advisor is in terms of his/her ability to be a boss and whether they have the organization and self discipline to do their job so that you can provide support.
Pros
It's all good
Cons
Low starting pay
Needed full time with benefits
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 7, 2018
Promised increase in pay rate and permanent position within a short time frame. Cutting my hours to train a new employee, Can't afford this at this time.
Advancement opportunties galore
Consultant @ Kforce (Current Employee) –  Jones, MDFebruary 7, 2018
Lots of areas to move to find just the right career for you to grow and develop your skill set. They encourage seeking every possibility to stay with the firm and grow.
Supportive culture, entrepreneurial environment, high expectations
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYFebruary 7, 2018
This job entails A LOT of hard work, long hours, high amounts of confidence, and ability to manage yourself, as well as others. The good aspects are that there's unlimited income potential, you create your own schedule, the culture of the firm is outstanding (very supportive and inclusive), and once 3-5 years is behind you, you can really enjoy the benefits of this position. You must enjoy working alone a lot (1 advisor per branch), and be able to manage your time very effectively. Once you have a solid book of clients and a referral system set up, you will be well on your way to a very successful lifestyle and career.
Great Job For Self Starters
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 5, 2018
Edward Jones provides opportunities for individuals who work hard and want to benefit from their efforts. The company is very supportive and provides many tools to ensure success.
Pros
Rewarding Career
Cons
Requires many hours to get started
Bad Idea
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTFebruary 2, 2018
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I accepted this job. I passed all of their license exams, but starting a scratch business where the other established agent had cherry picked all the good customers was not going to work for me. Being new in town and not knowing anyone and having no network of people to feed me leads wasn't going to work out well.
Pros
Day time hours
Cons
Bad marketing plan if
Branch Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Averill Park, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Great place to work, if health insurance benefits were cheaper and there was a better vacation package i would feel this is the best place to work! Lovely culture and truly a great company.
Great work place
Broker (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 1, 2018
Good experience learned a great deal I earned my licensing an ran the practice for 6 years. Overall a great broker. I still have my investments with Edward Jones
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Commission pay
Best place I've worked
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 31, 2018
While I had some issues with other advisors, EDJ was by far the best culture I've EVER experienced. Don't hesitate to consider this opportunity if you have it.
Fast paced
BOA (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCJanuary 30, 2018
Edward Jones is a fast paced company to work for. I do feel that they should pay their BOA's more for the amount of work and responsibility that they have
I was an On-Call Boa for over theee years and I just felt stuck
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  VariousJanuary 29, 2018
I started my career in Texas and tried to advance in Florida however, when I was in the Austin area advancement was very difficult to the point where I just felt forced to give up.
Great Culture
Academic Training Leader (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 29, 2018
Its a great place to work. The culture is positive and management is supportive and believes in the development of their employees. the have great benefits and a good work/life balance
Great Job
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAJanuary 29, 2018
I loved this job. Great place to work. Enjoyed the working in the financial industry, learning new approaches to savings for the future. I would recommend Edward Jones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edward Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.