Edwards Federal Credit Union

Edwards Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

2.8
Work-Life Balance

Good starter job

I think CEO means well but poorly directs the institution as a whole. Management is mostly new most lack people skills. Good benefits but very low pay and no incentive plan. No diversity in executive team as it is mostly male with exemption of 1 female all white.

Pros

1 hour lunches

Cons

Environment, no “open door policy” attitude, need better new hire orientation and one on one dedicated training.

A Great Place to Work

I started here nearly six months ago. The culture and the management support is very good. The CEO has a clear vision for the credit union and is executing on it. We are building a new headquarters building in Palmdale, updating to a new core computer system, and expanding products and services to serve the community. Financially the credit union is doing well. Employees are treated with respect and trust. We do work hard, but there is a sense of accomplishment and plenty of support from your team. I recommend EFCU as an employer.

Pros

Progressive business model, good pay, financially strong institution, growing and expanding, good computer systems, good products and rates

Cons

Typical small company limitations, no telecommuting allowed generally, men must wear ties in the winter

Great credit union to work for

Worked here a couple years in it , great experience to learn and grow this was a true gem finding thus job after commuting to la for over 15 years. The av area was a great place to live when I left.

Pros

Flexible

Poor Management

Poor management. They don't consider everybody and they're stress level. They pile on loads of work for you and expect to be done with no help. They are basically cursed, and problems are always arising.

Benefits are great, and all else questioned

My career path started out great in 2011, but after a few years and new management came in and restructured the CU mission, it was more a job. There was no true procedure in place and departments were scrambling to get policies into place. I truly enjoyed working with my peers and members, but Senior Management made it unbearable to work. It was alot of pointing fingers instead of finding resolutions. At the end of my 7th year there, I can honestly say it was becoming a hostile environment. Senior Management had their favorites and it wouldn't matter how great you did your job, a write-up was a must, instead of coaching and training. If MGT did not like work work ethics, they would move you to a different dept. and eventually would quit.

Pros

Benefits, No Saturday hours

Cons

Favoritism, No structure or policy in place, gossip

Leave a review. Help people like you.

You do not want to work here

Stressful harassment filled work enviornment. CEO looks down on employees no matter their efforts or skill. Suggestions are criticized and overlooked. Not a positive work enviornment.

Management was poor

Management was out of touch with their employees, Didn't know what the real issues were. There was always tension in the air. People were afraid everyday that they would be cut next.

Low Moral and poor management

Unqualified staff in management positions, because they are the CEO's muppets. Long time members have left do to so many changes in the last 2 years.

Edwards FCU

If you choose to work for Edwards, the work harder you work, the faster you will promote. Being a small institution it seems that employees take on more roles than their job roles. Good place to learn if you are new to banking.

Pros

advancement

Cons

short staffed

Bad Culture, Poor CEO, High Stress, Low support

Bad CEO Favoritism by CEO No support Low staffing levels No promotion or growth Compromised HR department Unorganized No consistency Since the trainer has been gone no training, we used to have a awesome trainer but the CEO changed things. Culture of fear.

Pros

Cons

Stress full workplace

Bad work culture

Ever since the new CEO came on board in May 2016, things have not been the same. Micromanaging is big now and senior management to the bottom are uneasy all the time because he makes everyone feel like they need to walk on eggshells. Work culture has changed, and work morale is not at healthy levels. Many long time employees are disappointed in recent events at the CU. Great people work here but upper management were hard to tolerate.

Pros

great people work here

Cons

Lack of training, low work morale

The department is a fun, family frendly team.

I interview applicants to determine if qualifying factors are met via phone, mail or in person asking pertinent loan questions to determine financial needs.

Vce

This was my first position in a tech support role. I enjoyed learning and picking up new things. Doing field service calls and learning Novell security.

Pros

local to home

Cons

staring out wages were low at this point.

Very busy enviroment

EFCU is a great job to have. The knowledge you gain there is amazing.

Pros

The company as a whole

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edwards Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Edwards Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location