edwards food giant Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Frozen Manager/Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Marianna, ARDecember 29, 2018
It was a typical day at work in the freezer. The workplace was a quick paced , hardworking environment. I've had the opportunity to work other positions.
If you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all
Dairy Stocker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, arOctober 16, 2018
If you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all. If you can’t find something nice to say don’t speak on it. If you can’t think of any redeeming qualities, don’t list any.
Long days lot of pressure
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 19, 2018
Cutting meat ordering products and supplies making schedules for employees
Helping customers
Filling out surveys for future ads
Cleaning equipment and cutting room
Maintain healthy gross profit margin
Pros
Salary good pay
Cons
Long days
Fine job, not so good pay
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARJuly 29, 2018
This is a great job for younger people (16-18) looking for extra money. I would not recommend this to anyone else though who is trying to be financially set. Management is good, and people are okay to work with
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Pay and no discounts
productive and responsible workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARJuly 10, 2018
A great job experience and work environment with a responsible and caring management tea. Very flexible and enjoyable work experience, but also reliable and dedicated management.
Pros
decent lunches, great community
Cons
no benifits
productive relaxed environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marianna, ARJune 28, 2018
food giant had a very relaxed and positive environment. The employees are always nice and positive. The client base was very diverse and i got to help all kinds of people.
Poor management, bad hours
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 3, 2018
It is not a career binding company. Poor Management, Bad hours, great lunch breaks, great associates, dirty establishment. Would only suggest to high school students.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Poor Management
Nice place to be.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARJanuary 24, 2018
Food Giant is a fast paced, family owned business. Management has high expectations for all employees. The pay is minimum wage and raises are rare. The people were fun when I worked there.
Store manager was more worried about appearances and not how smoothly the store was run.
Front Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARDecember 11, 2017
Some employees were picked as favorites or either not worth the hassle and was given free reign. Management knew that some employees wouldn't work but didn't discipline them unless it was seen as a problem by district managers. This environment made it stressful for lower management and other employees to cover their slack. I still loved the job and responsibility of taking care of others and the trust involved to complete tasks.
Balanced
coyrtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARSeptember 17, 2017
Sometimes of the month great hours sometimes poor hours never set!!! Need more organized people with better personality's about they job, but great place to work with not much hassle!!!!
A ok job place
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 11, 2017
A ok job place. It's not what I had expected but. I dad to make it. Yes it was cold but I had to get over that and get the job done. But it do gives me another look on the meats we eat on a daily basis. But it was fun and interesting
Great Place to Work for Teenagers
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ARJuly 19, 2017
You come in contact with a lot of people who you grow to love.
You learn how to do a lot of different jobs, mainly because the turnover rate is high.
It is not a bad place to work, you just can not raise a family on the income.
It is hard to advance there.
I worked there for 3.5 years
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARJuly 17, 2017
I started here my junior year of high school as soon as they opened. And from the beginning I knew that it was a great place to work. The management tried to make friends with the employees but also reminded them that he was still the boss man. I appreciated the way that scheduling work off was done and always made sure that people got at least one holiday off.
It's a nice local place to work and meet new people. It gets extremely busy during duck season
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ARMay 28, 2017
The deli manager is awful, I honestly would not recommend anyone to work under her. They rest of the store employees are awesome, the deli manager is two faced. Other than working under her, the store is a great place to visit and get your every day items.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks
Hard work but good people. Lots of room to learn.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 3, 2017
Its a hot and hard job but its a good company to work for. There are plenty of things to learn and plenty of new experiences. This job pays decent and will teach you the value of a college education.
Productive and small work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARMarch 15, 2017
Edward's Food Giant was located in my hometown of Forrest City Arkansas, which is a city in the delta area of Arkansas. It was a familt owned grocery store, business was good and so were the workers. There was a set group of workers who worked mostly morning and the night shifts. I worked the nights, about 25 hours a wk, we got paid every week as well.
Overall it was horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARSeptember 27, 2016
It was an job that's it.. the bosses where absolutely horrid always putting someone down talking down to someone and if you didn't keep up with your hours you would be missing hours and when confronted they would be all ( oh I'll fix it ) and if you talked back or said something the mgr didn't like they would take you off the schedule for a week as a form of punishment and if you was pregnant don't tell them cause he would cut your hours
Pros
A job
Cons
good job for fresh start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARJanuary 26, 2016
everyday was pretty good there i learned how to have good people skills and to organize the manager was very caring and understanding i never had any problems with any coworkers they were all very hard workers and helped eachother and was very nice, the hardest part was probably just the training but didnt take long to learn
Pros
kept me busy and learned alot
Cons
not enough hours
it's alright sometimes.
Dairy/Frozen Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryant ArkansasSeptember 3, 2015
What's there really to say? It's a job. It pays the bills. Not anything special by any means, but the people I have met through the job have been great and become some of my closest friends.
Pros
good people
Cons
Pay
Great environment
Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2015
I loved working here made a lot of friendships outside the job. Management was great. Raises were always on time. On special occasions they would treat us to lunch.