Edwards Lifesciences Employee Reviews

I do not recommend working at this company.
Sr. Training Manager, Corporate Quality (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 12, 2018
Terrible place to work. Management is clueless. There is no strategy or planning. The company still acts as if it is a little shop.It is not. No coordination between global sites. People jump over each other to get promotions.Communication between management and employees is nonexistent.
Great Place to work
Quality Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2018
Edwards is a fantastic place to work. Employees are passionate and the patients' first mindset is pervasive throughout the company. Work is fulfilling.
Very Professional place
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Añasco, PROctober 21, 2018
I'm glad to worked in Edwards Lifesciences because I learn a lot with them. Also they are very professional, good benefits and great environment to work.
Pros
They have a Cafeteria inside the building
Cons
Fair and a great place to work with a team
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 18, 2018
I would be fulfilling the company's purchase orders daily, yet making sure that those orders were compliant with the active contracts we had with the vendors.

I was fortunate enough to work with a well-coordinated team that continuously reaches goals in a timely manner, lead by my director who showed me how to excel at my position. He was someone I got along with well, but fair and straight-to-the-point when it was time to get things done.

The hardest part of the job was during the last month of the year, when all departments were sending me their final rushes of purchase orders to use up their remaining budgets and having to fulfill those orders before the year was over. I usually would have to work overtime on most days in that month.

The part I enjoyed the most was working with a team that allowed me to be a part of something bigger than myself. I would consistently work with my team to make sure those purchase orders are processed on time and done correctly.
Pros
Postive workplace culture
Cons
Rush of orders at the end of the year.
Assembly
Associate Assember (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 20, 2018
The products that edwards makes are great and very helpful to those who need to product. Working for edwards was great meaningful work. I would have stayed there if I could have made more money.
Good
Sr Receiving Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92614September 9, 2018
Edward Good company, good culture, Good work
Working at Edwards Lifesciences I was able to meet many new people and interact with people from different cultures. It was an environment where people got along great and would become friends easily. It was a low-stress job with repetitive tasks that were simple to complete.
This is a serious and scientific workplace, everything is very professional.
I learned a lot here. I learned how to work in groups, I learned how to create the best work. And how to solve the trouble when working
Limited Promotion Opps / High Turnover Rate
Quality Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92614September 4, 2018
Consistently have new management - from plant manager, to Sr Directors. Have had 4 managers in 2 years, makes it difficult for promotional consideration
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Limited Promotional Opportunities
Game of Thrones
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 3, 2018
Well if your idea of a fun working environment is an unspoken Game of Thrones political culture and unlimited working hours, then EW is for you! For every decent director, there are 9 others who are more interested in their own career advancement and think nothing of throwing people under the bus. I can only comment on their corporate headquarters in Irvine.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
highly political
Depends on the department
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 31, 2018
It all depends on the department and manager. This can be a great place to work that promotes innovation or some place where team work and innovation don't matter. Pay was below par and advancement unlikely.
Relaxed environment
Second Shift Assembler (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 30, 2018
Great Company
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 27, 2018
Career opportunities and work/life balance. Great culture and great cafeteria. Management is great and fun atmosphere to work in. Really hard to get into the company as they do their due diligence on hiring the right people.
Solid medical device company
Senior Analyst - Buyer/Planner, (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 19, 2018
Medical device manufacturing company with major operations in Draper, UT. Multiple divisions utilizing clean room manufacturing facilities and distribution to US and limited global customers.
Pros
On site cafe, gym, and yearly bonuses
Cons
limited advancement possibilities in my department
Good working environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 17, 2018
Good working environment, Friendly coworker, but I am just a temporary employee. It is a little difficult to be Edwards’s employees. But when you become their employees, you’ll have better benefits.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 11, 2018
Help start the Help desk at this location. Great users and Supervisor. Unfortunately i worked there as a contractor. Slow process to be hired permanently.
Great people, heartless management
Certified Heart Valve Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 10, 2018
While I enjoyed the people I worked with there, Edwards LifeSciences' manufacturing employees are often stressed out to their physical limits and beyond. Edwards management continues to push the heart valve assembler workers to be more efficient to the point where they receive injuries to their hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, and back pain. Most of heart valve assemblers are older Vietnamese, Cambodians and Hispanic who are new to this country, lack formal education, ignorant of worker's rights, are often afraid to report of pain they have acquired due to work overload. There are stories where an assembler hurt herself so bad where she couldn't lift up her shoulder. Only then will she report her pain. Heart valve assemblers should not be treated like a modern day slave by a so called "world class company" such as Edwards LifeSciences.
All good things will come
Sewer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 6, 2018
This is a serious and scientific workplace, everything is very professional.
Associate Specialist - Professional Education (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 2, 2018
Edwards Lifesciences is a growing company with options to learn and advance your career. I have learned a lot at Edwards. The company has given me the opportunity to advance my career and product knowledge.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
N/a
Great place still needs some progress
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 26, 2018
Edwards in all is a really great place to work that goes out of their way to put employees first. It would be nice if they had less bias on having or hiring supervisors that have engineering degrees.
Greate product
Sr. Analyst, Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 24, 2018
Nice life saving products
Advancement opportunityes are not for all
Managements is more of "we do what' I want and not always "what we are required.
The most enjoyabel: the gym and some of the team members from the production line
Co-worker help each other all the working-time
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 1, 2018
- Trainer are good experience, they may decide to reduce training time if trainee have good kill.
- Leaders all way follow the new people to guide technique for products.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edwards Lifesciences. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight