Edwin Gould Services Employee Reviews

n/a
Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2018
I do not have anything positive to say, except that the CEO is very competent and knowledgeable in his/her responsibilities being at the helm of this organization.
Cons
Poor work culture/ leadership/ room for growth
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 9, 2018
Very stressful workplace with poor leadership. There is also no room for growth and you are required to remain in the field for hours. Leadership also penalizes you for the smallest thing, then reminds you that you are not forced to work there.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good 4 starters
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 12, 2018
Good place to get your feet wet. But in actuality,you will be drowning.You will get thrown a safety best 100feet away from you even though the lifeguard refuses to jump in and knows you can't swim. I'm speaking off my experience from 4-5years ago.High caseload and high turnover rate.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Pay, job culture, high case load
Initially a good place to work...
Director of Permanency (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2018
Initially Edwin Gould Services was a good place to work; however poor management and a lack of support from management was a recipe for high turnover and low job morale.
great place
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Edwin Gould in overall is a super great place to work, your hard work and dedication is seen, Management are real people with great compassioned hearts

love this place.

facilitator Brooklyn ny
Pros
management is supportive
Cons
/ some workers may not be invested and it is seen through the families they serve
fast paced very busy organization
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
social work was interesting everyone pitched in if you were administrative, you became social worker. you really learned the court system also. sometimes you worked more than eight hours.was worth it.
Pros
company appreciation
Hated this Job
Case Aide (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 22, 2017
There are some good people here, but overall not my favorite job. The mission in itself is fulfilling, but the agents cause work on it delivery. Management time had communication issues.
Lack of staff, management support and resources....
Director of Permanency (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 22, 2017
This agency has gone through a lot of changes...Recently, it has joined with another agency the work environment, staff and resources will improve because of this collaboration. While I served as a director, I found resources and staff were increasingly in short supply. It was a challenge managing "up" and "down" for me; coupled with the long hours and consistent "crisis" environment it became clear that a change was necessary.
Pros
paid birthdays off
Cons
dwindling staff; finances ad little or no support from management
Productive and supportive work place
Family Case Planner/ Kinship Foster Care (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I worked with children and their families to make referrals to community services that strengthened family and helped them goals that achieved reunification. I collaborated with lawyer and provided detailed reports and testimony regarding the families progress with achieving permanency. I conducted team meeting with families and service providers to discuss progress with and revised goals as needed.
Pros
Seeing families united and children leaving foster care was always rewarding.
Cons
Some times children were not able to be reunified with their birth parents.
Fast paced work place
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2017
It an okay place. to work. It is very fast paced. You have to learn quickly while working. You always have to be ready. It can be stressful if you are not familiar with some of the job requirements.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
You get to learn alot from others
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
I learned alot from my clients , co-worker, Judges and Attorneys alot of work but I learned. If I go back to New York I will apply to work there again
Pros
I got to meet alot of smart people
Cons
too many cases for one Case Worker
STEPS To End Family Violence
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2017
I work for STEPS to End Family Violence Program under Edwin Gould Services. It has been 11 great years. Everyone here is so friendly and supportive. The directors do not micro manage the staff and they are very flexible.
work
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  NYC NYMarch 15, 2017
Good team work culture, hardest part of job is not being able to snap your fingers for children and families to reunite. Supportive managements and never a dull moment
Not a great place to work
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Edwin Gould is a very good company. Management is okay. The work environment is excellent. I would not recommend anyone to work here because although the environment is great, there is very little order in the company.
very nice place for kids
Receptionist/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2015
families who came to visit there kids always enjoyed them self its very clean and everyone is friendly kid were always happy
Great Management
Aftercare Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2015
Supportive management. Typical work day contacting hospitals mental health care and foster parents. Excellent team work. The hardest part of the job is probably the parents who don't complete the necessary work for their kids to return to them.
Pros
management
Cons
trainings
No Life and under compensated
Family Team Conference Facilitator & Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2015
A typical day is completing paper work and answering or making phone calls. I learned to deal with each on an individual basis. Management was a constant turnover unable to make a basis connection. Co-workers had a even higher turn over. The hardest part about the job was not enough time to manage the caseload. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the families reunite.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
insurance, over worked
Productive and exciting always busy.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  140 Alcott Place Bronx NY 10475May 6, 2015
The days are exciting and full with making sure every areas of the individuals we serve are taken care of. This involves their physical, mental, and social needs. As the manager, I've learned that the job is changing and you have to adjust to the changes to be successful. The hardest part is getting the staff to adjust to the new requirements. The most enjoyable part is seeing when staff become efficient and effective in the accomplishing of the new requirements, and the individuals we serve are happy.
Pros
Seeing the individuals and staff progress.
Cons
When individuals digress.
Productive and learning workplace
Registered Nurse Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work involves me coordinating medical, dental and
other health-related services for the foster children under my care. Frequently, I am required to conduct a head-to-toe nursing health assessment on children to look for signs of abuse or neglect. So far, I have learned so much about the foster care system and the amount of professionalism it takes to work with people from various backgrounds. This job has been a stepping stone for me to see that nursing is very broad and impactful and the learning experiences that I have acquired will be extremely valuable for me careerwise in the near future.
Fun and worthy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Nice work environment. Excellent boss. Good pay rate and benefits.
Lots of good co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with kids and teenagers.