EF Education First Employee Reviews

Great part-time job doing a thing for a good cause
Local Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 3, 2018
I have worked with EF for 2 summers in Redmond, WA. It’s a great chance to meet great people who are open-minded and kind. I love the mission of EF and it’s a great opportunity for students, stay-at-home moms, teachers to get out in the community and meet students of different nationalities and make this world a better place by building intercultural relationships. It can be very challenging when you are multitasking and solving problems, but it’s very rewarding in the end.
Pros
Great area manager in Seattle who is very dedicated and motivating, annual conference, flexibility
Unorganized and Underpaid
ACADEMIC PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Suzhou, ChinaFebruary 5, 2018
The management was unorganized and it was very obvious to me that people took a relaxed approach to any and all rules. Each EF location is independently managed
First Job ONLY
Full-Time ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2018
EF is a for-profit school, therefore, money matters a lot. Most decisions are made with money in mind. Teachers usually come last. We get paid barely above minimum wage, we work long hours with little prep time, and our schedules are never stable. Management is often disorganized, sometimes they are there to help, sometimes it's left up to us teachers to figure things out.

Overall, EF is a good place to work if this is your first teaching job.
Cons
Low pay, no paid time off, health insurance only for full-time employees
Good atmosphere
Traveler Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 27, 2017
EF is an amazing company that does a line of great things for students and adults around the world. While the company is something I can believe it, it is hard to advance within EF and the salary does not make it appealing to keep your role for a long time.
Pros
great work/life balance, amazing coworkers, good management, Pto, staff travel rewards
Cons
low pay
Ef
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 29, 2017
EF is a great company to work for that puts in a lot of effort in making sure its employees are happy and enjoying what they do. EF is constantly hosting on-site events and competition, and encourages its employees to be active and healthy.
Pros
Many young employees
Travel opportunities, great people
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2017
I would recommend EF Tours to younger 20 somethings that love to travel, are goal oriented and love meeting great people. It's a great first job but is not a career. Anyone hoping to advance or receive professional development opportunities should not work here.
Pros
Travel, people, health insurance, vacation time
Cons
Sales, low salary, no career advancement
Great Experience
Summer Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Thornwood, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Can be stressful at times, but overall a very rewarding job. The students are amazing to work with and I enjoyed learning about their cultures as I taught them about American culture.
Rewarding workplace
Online ESL/TOEFL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2017
A great place to learn more about yourself while teaching. Advances are slow, and it requires a lot more patience to work with beginning English speakers.
Pros
Very Flexible and staff is very helpful
Cons
No benefits
nice company
Evaluations & On Tour Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 29, 2017
A nice company to work for right after college. I enjoyed the atmosphere. The office was clean, and has various different departments separated on each floor.
Pros
clean office
Cons
no room to advance
Good experience, inconsistent hours
Online English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2017
EF offers flexible hours and decent pay, but it can be hard to get enough hours during off-peak season. Also the management can be hard to contact at times.
Awesome place to work
Activity Leader/Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2017
I love EF! I want to work for them year round, but for the summer it was great. Very diverse and got to learn about different cultures, languages and mannerisms
Great Experience
Corporate Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
Great place to start right out of college. I have made some amazing connections, traveled all over, and grown as a person. I do not recommend EF if you are looking to make a lot of money, but yes if you want a fun young work environment.
I went to China to teach. It was an awesome experience
Kids and Teens Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shenzhen, CNMay 19, 2017
EF is by far the best company I have worked with. They do a amazing job taking care of thier employees. Being in China alone my coworkers my me feel like apart of thier family.
Pros
Fun trips, great coworkers and management
Cons
Having to work long hours on the weekends
Fun, Good Internship Experiene
Intern (Former Employee) –  Thornwood, NYMay 2, 2017
I was offered this opportunity after I was rejected from taking an internship abroad. Overall it was a fun experience, and I have done multiple different jobs for them, ranging from editing the ESS camp's blog (and working with those children) to stocking up books for the upcoming school year. Unfortunately, there were some events that soured the experience a bit, but for the most part, it was a good experience.
Pros
Free lunches, free boarding, multiple breaks
Cons
No pay, forced to do cleaning jobs (which were not in the job criteria) short duration
It was a great experience!
English Teacher - English as a foreign language (Former Employee) –  Dongguan, CNApril 21, 2017
EF Education First Dongguan was a fine place to work. There were some things that I wish were handled better (ie: living quarters, new vacation policy, time off policy, teaching philosophy, etc), but you'll have that no matter where you work. Overall I am happy I worked there and very happy to have had time in China!!
Pros
apartment included, several bonuses, training/certifications
Cons
apartments were old, new vacation policy was awful, DoS left much to be desired
don't pay good enough
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Camridge, MAApril 6, 2017
Great company to work for especially for young graduates but they don't pay good enough. EF's salaries are way below standard ones but it's a good place to start your careers and after a year or so move on.
Pros
great summer & holiday parties
Cons
salary is too low
Fun place to work, no room to grow.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 14, 2017
No doubt EF has great workplace culture, but that cannot make up for the low pay and unfair bonus for the sales department. Not transparent at all. Try to blind you with all the fun company perks.
Pros
The perks
Cons
Pay, management, growth
Great Company but Wages Low
Sr. Tour Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 3, 2017
EF Was great to work for and I did for a long time- they do have high turnover and usually people leave after a year and half, I was there for almost 4.5 years. Management has changed a ton lately and not in the best way. Wages are low but the culture is wonderful as well as the vacation time.
Great international work culture and travel benefits
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2017
There was no such thing as a typical day with EF. The work was exciting and challenging and it's a great place to learn; however, compensation was minimal.
Pros
International colleagues, international students, fun, travel
Cons
Long hours and minimal financial compensation
Fun place to work
SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 16, 2016
Very fun place to work! Co-workers are more like family. Many opportunities for advancement and job perks include overseas travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EF Education First. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

EF Education First Reviews by Location