Effingham County Schools

Effingham County Schools insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Rewarding Place to work

I love the children. It is so rewarding to see their smile and their realization that someone loves them other than family. The hardest part of the job is realizing what kind of environment some children live in.

Pros

Summers and holidays off

Lots of support for Substitute teachers from Management

Wonderful place to substitute teach and you get lots of support...I think more training might of been helpful though. I liked being able to schedule myself when using the online substitute teacher application. Getting paid was very easy but you only get paid once a month which might be hard for some people but I found it a bonus.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Lower pay than others jobs

Great administration

I have nothing negative to say about this school system. It has been an honor to work here and have felt blessed to have been hired. My current position, however, is becoming detrimental to my health. Because of that, I am consider a career change.

I loved teaching and working with youth

The school district itself actually had a good reputation around that particular area of the state. It was extremely top heavy with administration who did not do their jobs. There was no administration back up what so ever. The students ran the school.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Effingham County Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3