Egg Innovations

Working at Egg Innovations: 42 Reviews

United States42 reviews

innovationemployeedaypeoplehourcompanypaytime

Not as good as promised

Took a pay cut from previous employer. Promised increase after 90 day's. Took 6months to gain increase and was promised matched pay from previous employer $14 hourly(previous employor) to $13 hourly(egg innovations)

A lot of advancement opportunities. Good people who care and work hard together.

A lot of growth opportunities- people work together. Training documents can be improved. Down to earth leadership team. A lot of employees with several years of experience mixed with new employees.

Pros

Free food at break and free eggs every two weeks

Cons

Training documents

Egg Innovations insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Upper management is pathetic.

CEO/GM/ Plant manager/Quality, and office staff is drama and unprofessional. Salary personnel is expected 20 hours of unpaid overtime weekly and expected to sacrifice family time. This place smells of rotten eggs.

This company is on the up and up

This company has seen it's struggles but I have seen so much improvement in the last year! The flexibility they provide for my family is wonderful. They encourage me to take my kids to doctors appointments and go to their sports games. Just do the job you were hired to do for the company and there will be no problems.

Pros

The PEOPLE, growth, advancement

Cons

Can be stressful

Innovative

Egg Inovations is an innovative company that offers a lot of opportunity for team members to grow and excel. I like the challenge of no two days are ever the same. The people at EI are engaged and have passion for their contributions toward company success. Ownership and management’s door is always open if I have concern, question, or just want to chat. In comparison to other companies I have worked for EI is a good place to work.

Understands the importance of family and life.

I really like my job and the people I work with. I have been here almost 3 years and have seen a lot of change in the growth of this company. At one point I had some health issues in the family and they were so understanding about me needing to be home with my family and supplied me with a laptop and whatever I needed to be able to work from home. You just don't get that with a lot of other companies.

Pros

Very understanding

Productive and fun workplace with a focus on growing for the success of the company and its employees

Truly happy and blessed i've found Egg Innovations. Great company with the best eggs money can buy! The team atmosphere and motivation to grow has been really exciting and brings the company together.

Pros

Positive Work Environment, Team Atmosphere

Egg Innovations

Egg Innovations is a great company to work for. I worked at my previous company for two years and I was excited when I got the opportunity to work at Egg Innovations. I learned that I made the right choice in making the switch. I have been able to learn many tasks that I didn't think I would ever learn and I have been given a lot of great opportunities within the company. If you have the chance to work at Egg Innovations, I would strongly recommend it. Yes work has its ups and downs at every job, but at the end of the day, I feel accomplished and valued and that is all that truly matters! My boss is super flexible and loves to accommodate his employees. I wouldn't see myself any where else at this point in life!

Family Environment

I was hired in through a staffing agency and from day one ive been treated like part of the family. Everybody treats me as though I have been here for years. People from all departments throw me in the mix and it helps me to learn different areas of the company.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits.

A growth-minded company with well-defined core values

Egg Innovations is on an active growth trajectory and building the team to help them achieve their goals. They are committed to the welfare of the chickens that produce their free-range and pasture-raised eggs, providing their farmers and employees with the training and tools to perform their roles effectively, and caring for our natural resources by being good stewards of the planet (not over the top, just good common sense). Although the company has experienced some growth pains along the way, the management and employees are very talented and dedicated to achieving success. It's an exciting time to work at Egg Innovations.

Excited about where this company is going

As someone who has known and watched the growth of this company from the very start, I am extremely excited about this moment in time and where it is going.There have certainly been challenges, as will happen with any business growing from a startup to a mid-sized company, to a large national corporation, to the huge force it is today within the agribusiness world. The owners have taken responsibility for and addressed each obstacle, continuing to empower their employees, and push forward in being the industry leader they are today.Egg Innovations thrives with team members who are eager and ready to bring their ideas to the table and make an impact. They welcome those with potential for major career growth and who have an open mind, being ready to evolve right alongside them. They are truly leaders of the humane race.

Solid People, bad owners, everybody becomes jaded

I enjoyed working with some of my managers (who have left, been replaced, and then those people were replaced). They helped me grow personally and professionally. One major issue is the owners. They constantly try to get involved in projects that they don't know anything about. Their involvement contaminates the culture there, and everybody asks when they're going to be at work so that they can prepare for a bad atmosphere.

Pros

Promises

Cons

Broken Promises

No ethics

The owner's only care about themselves. Don't pay their farmers on time. They make promises and don't keep them. Don't listen to the managers that they hire.

Headed in a positive direction

I've been with Egg Innovations for about 3 years. I've seen some of the lowest lows here but can honestly, confidently say that things are headed in a much more positive direction. I have a manager that challenges me to do my best and supports me as I assist our growers. I wish compensation was better.

Workplace culture

Over the years there has been a shift in culture and employee retention. Happy employees who work hard and trust each other a good company to work for.

Good place to get your foot in the door, impossible to work at longer than a year

I’m not someone to degrade places that I used to work at, but Egg Innovations is really something else. They have people who run the place (as in give orders, place blame on others, and can do no wrong) and then people that run the place (as in take orders, shoulder all blame, and do all the work). The hours they expect you to work are outrageous and you are given the jobs of 3+ people with no training or instructions on how to complete the tasks, and then somehow at fault when the tasks aren’t completed to perfection in a timely manner (no matter how much you ask for help). You are also punished socially and workload-wise for any time taken off, even for medical reasons WITH A DR’S NOTE! Avoid this place at all costs.

Always keep employees at full time hours

Company has not only made me feel like part of their family but has truly been there for my family. I can honestly say through a very dark time in my life, EI was there for me through it all. I'm very grateful to the entire EI family.

Pros

Employee appreciation lunches

Cons

health ins not great

Management worked closely with sales to educate and keep us informed about changes in production and certification. I had a lot autonomy and help from VP of sales. Wish I was still their.

Poor Management & Poor Training

I was hired thru a temp service with no interview with Egg Innovations. One week later, noticed my job was posted on Indeed. I asked H.R. about it and was told not to worry, I was doing a good job catching on and that the owners wanted it on there in case it didn't work out. Three days before they would hire me direct, they ended my contract with the temp service with no warning to me. I got a call on my way home. No real reason. I was blindsided. I think that is horrible to do that to people who were trying their best to do a good job. Nobody is secure in their job there, no matter how long they have been there. Constant turnover.

Pros

Friendly employees

Cons

Poor Management, Constant turnover, no job security

To potential applicants College grad/managerial : Great on paper; horrible behind scenes

Egg innovations owner had a great ambition to be free-range, let a chicken be a chicken. Yet, no respect to employees. Either he accept you or he doesn’t and makes work- life feel horrible and you just wish to leave. Makes you regret leaving previous employment. Constantly having to train new people as people come and go. Makes others wonder, What is the explanation for the high turnover?

Pros

let a layer chicken be a chicken, ample density to roam and forage.

Cons

Overall rating is zero (unfortunately not available), Management atmosphere of feeling you are worthless

Cleaning out management

Going bare bones on employment. The people that currently work there all are looking for a job because they are in fear of keeping their own job. Everyone is a non asset.

Common questions about Egg Innovations

Answered by current and former employees at Egg Innovations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Egg Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits