Eggers Industries Employee Reviews

This is a well paying union manufacturing job.
Patcher (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 17, 2018
Leader in commercial door manufacturing. Runs three shifts in some departments and two in others, so there are employment opportunities for whatever your shift preference is. Compensation and benefits are decent for a small family or single person.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
possible 12 hour shifts
a lot of work
Veneer (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WISeptember 25, 2018
If you love working a lot of hours and don't have a family life this would be the job. You receive 2 personal days and they are always denied unless you have them in well ahead of time and its in the middle of the week.
Horrible
Sander Operator (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 16, 2018
Ownership micro manages everything. Little to no training. The owners sneak around and hind behind things, watching people work, trying to catch people doing something wrong.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Owners
I wouldn't recommend Eggers to anyone
Do not wish to disclose (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 14, 2018
There is almost no actual training, very few people that you can turn to for help and they get angry when they have to help you and audit your orders.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Pay is much better when you are connected with management!!
stay away
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WISeptember 13, 2018
poor working conditions, unreasonable amount of required overtime, poor treatment by management and rediculous production expectations. management and HR seem to be very unorganized.
I like my job
Splicing Technician (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIJuly 24, 2018
I really like my job. I enjoy doing different things throughout the day. Being challenged and pushing myself to get the product out. But the overtime has been overwhelming. Not that I don't like overtime, but it has been 58 hours a week for over 1 year now.
Cons
Over scheduling
Warehouse
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 14, 2018
Good job it's a warehouse I enjoy the job I can tell more about it in interview if I get a call back it's a big Waterhouse with an150 people or more there
I wish i could give management a negative number
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIMay 31, 2018
I liked my job at eggers until they basically told me it was ok to run a broken machine and the machine i worked on was becoming less and less safe. On any cnc machine when you press the estop the machine should stop or it could kill a person. They didnt seem to care about that even though its been broken for a year i just grew tired of feeling unsafe.
Pros
I worked on a 2nd shift crew with 15 people it was relaxed
Cons
Supervisors are puppets that are not really qualified to do the job they are given.
Terrible place to work
Sr. Machining Utility (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIMay 30, 2018
Owners are concerned about nothing but money, sacrificing anything they can to make the most money possible. They have been caught stealing workers insurance money in the past in a huge class action lawsuit. There is a union in place but it does absolutely nothing for the employees' benefit.
Pros
Cons
Eggers
Very Stable Employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIFebruary 28, 2018
Eggers is a very stable employer in the Lakeshore area. There are many long-term employees who have been with the company for 25+ years. They offer a competitive wage and a good benefit package. During the down turn in the economy, we were fortunate not to have been laid off and did not have to take wage reductions; wage freezes, but no reductions. Eggers works in a very detail oriented industry with a lot of technical information. The office is very quiet to allow for concentration and attention to detail. The facility is newer and nicely maintained; very nice work environment.
Pros
Stability, wage, benefits, nice work environment
Cons
Attention to detail, a fair amount of overtime at times
A lot of Wood hours
Late Crew Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WI 54241February 8, 2018
Depending on what department you worked in it was more independent or on a team. Work overall was enjoyable and helped move the day along. A lot of the time that I was there I was working overtime. People expect you to learn a lot about your position quickly. It was a union job so the pay was higher than most jobs, but union dues were taken out of checks. Work hours were not the best to work around because once you got out everything was closed. Management was always somewhere else when you needed them and never consistently there to help with the progress of work.
Pros
Good pay, nice environment, relaxing at times
Cons
Bad work hours, early morning Saturday overtimes, rushed to learn the job
N/a
Warehouse Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 1, 2018
No home/work balance. Preferences between 1st and 2nd shift. Unfair practices and policies. Issues with pay & A lot of down time. Unfair OT policy.
Bad Place To Work
Not important (Former Employee) –  NeenahFebruary 1, 2018
Horrible place to work. Toxic management. No work and life balance. Management will set you up to fail. It is a no win environment. Turn over is unbelievable, unlike any other company. Pay is low. They do not walk the talk. They need to clean house...too many power players.
Bad management
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIOctober 29, 2017
the management and owners are constantly bickering, soworkers were nice but the management is whacked . No family time no vacations for years due to union control, poor union representation, poor concern for employess, safety is NOT a concern. The shcedule is not conducive to good family time or personal time. In short this company SUCKED
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
anything the ice queen touches is screwed up, poor management, NO family time
Stressful, disorganized
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  WIOctober 24, 2017
Difficult company to work for. Senior management and ownership consistently "put the cart before the horse", which makes for a very stressful work environment. Ownership does not appreciate their employees or their efforts. Middle management wants to improve things and create a better environment but it all falls on deaf ears.
Pros
none to note unless you like overtime.
Cons
poor senior management/ownership, unappreciated, stressful
Eggers was a great place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIOctober 22, 2017
When I worked there the president of the company was a great leader. He cared about every employee and showed that by the bonuses. After I left, the president retired and the new president had many personal issues and caused a lot of hardship for employees.
Downhill since change of ownership
Floor Worker (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WI 54956July 22, 2017
Eggers is a catch-all - we get the leftovers and inexperienced workers from other industries. Training is practically non-existant. If you're a temp and can't figure out your machine you get the axe. Production employees routinely work 50+ hours a week. Saturday overtime is extremely common. Production management currently has an average of 1 year experience at the company. Hardest parts of the job include unexpected write-ups, overtime, and constant turnover. The most enjoyable part of the job is gaining new experience and fraternizing with co-workers.
Pros
Learning, competitive pay, secure work
Cons
Unlimited overtime, lack of respect, constant turnover
Great workforce, unrealistic owners
Director of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 10, 2017
Demands of the work day are high performance with minimal work life balance. I learned the company is not focused nor loyal to their workforce and are only concerned with how they can better their checking account. The hardest part of the job was tolerating the verbal abuse.
Pros
Workforce in the plant are outstanding
Cons
Owners
Not a bad place to work.
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIFebruary 15, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with and job in general was not bad.
I found a Day shift job closer to home. Worked through a temp agency, so no benefits.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
No benefits for 6 months
Nobody to turn to horrible management
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 25, 2017
Once you start working there, you can kiss your family goodbye. Because they make you work overtime every single day and on Sat.
The owner has no clue on how to run a company.