Eggers Industries Employee Reviews

This is a well paying union manufacturing job.
Patcher (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 17, 2018
Leader in commercial door manufacturing. Runs three shifts in some departments and two in others, so there are employment opportunities for whatever your shift preference is. Compensation and benefits are decent for a small family or single person.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
possible 12 hour shifts
Eggers
Adminstrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 23, 2018
Once a well-oiled machine, trying to recover as the industry demand lessens. Not a lot of room for personal growth.Competitive environment in the office.
Very Stable Employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIFebruary 28, 2018
Eggers is a very stable employer in the Lakeshore area. There are many long-term employees who have been with the company for 25+ years. They offer a competitive wage and a good benefit package. During the down turn in the economy, we were fortunate not to have been laid off and did not have to take wage reductions; wage freezes, but no reductions. Eggers works in a very detail oriented industry with a lot of technical information. The office is very quiet to allow for concentration and attention to detail. The facility is newer and nicely maintained; very nice work environment.
Pros
Stability, wage, benefits, nice work environment
Cons
Attention to detail, a fair amount of overtime at times
I wouldn't recommend Eggers to anyone
Do not wish to disclose (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 14, 2018
There is almost no actual training, very few people that you can turn to for help and they get angry when they have to help you and audit your orders.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Pay is much better when you are connected with management!!
stay away
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WISeptember 13, 2018
poor working conditions, unreasonable amount of required overtime, poor treatment by management and rediculous production expectations. management and HR seem to be very unorganized.
A lot of Wood hours
Late Crew Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WI 54241February 8, 2018
Depending on what department you worked in it was more independent or on a team. Work overall was enjoyable and helped move the day along. A lot of the time that I was there I was working overtime. People expect you to learn a lot about your position quickly. It was a union job so the pay was higher than most jobs, but union dues were taken out of checks. Work hours were not the best to work around because once you got out everything was closed. Management was always somewhere else when you needed them and never consistently there to help with the progress of work.
Pros
Good pay, nice environment, relaxing at times
Cons
Bad work hours, early morning Saturday overtimes, rushed to learn the job
a lot of work
Veneer (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WISeptember 25, 2018
If you love working a lot of hours and don't have a family life this would be the job. You receive 2 personal days and they are always denied unless you have them in well ahead of time and its in the middle of the week.
Horrible
Sander Operator (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 16, 2018
Ownership micro manages everything. Little to no training. The owners sneak around and hind behind things, watching people work, trying to catch people doing something wrong.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Owners
I wish i could give management a negative number
CNC Machinist Setup/Operator (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIMay 31, 2018
I liked my job at eggers until they basically told me it was ok to run a broken machine and the machine i worked on was becoming less and less safe. On any cnc machine when you press the estop the machine should stop or it could kill a person. They didnt seem to care about that even though its been broken for a year i just grew tired of feeling unsafe.
Pros
I worked on a 2nd shift crew with 15 people it was relaxed
Cons
Supervisors are puppets that are not really qualified to do the job they are given.
it was ok
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIOctober 10, 2018
Laid back place to work but in certain areas you are just stuck waiting around for work so if you are looking for an easy job where u dont do a lot of work this place is for you but i warn u the days drag
I like my job
Splicing Technician (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIJuly 24, 2018
I really like my job. I enjoy doing different things throughout the day. Being challenged and pushing myself to get the product out. But the overtime has been overwhelming. Not that I don't like overtime, but it has been 58 hours a week for over 1 year now.
Cons
Over scheduling
Downhill since change of ownership
Floor Worker (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WI 54956July 22, 2017
Eggers is a catch-all - we get the leftovers and inexperienced workers from other industries. Training is practically non-existant. If you're a temp and can't figure out your machine you get the axe. Production employees routinely work 50+ hours a week. Saturday overtime is extremely common. Production management currently has an average of 1 year experience at the company. Hardest parts of the job include unexpected write-ups, overtime, and constant turnover. The most enjoyable part of the job is gaining new experience and fraternizing with co-workers.
Pros
Learning, competitive pay, secure work
Cons
Unlimited overtime, lack of respect, constant turnover
Terrible place to work
Sr. Machining Utility (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIMay 30, 2018
Owners are concerned about nothing but money, sacrificing anything they can to make the most money possible. They have been caught stealing workers insurance money in the past in a huge class action lawsuit. There is a union in place but it does absolutely nothing for the employees' benefit.
Pros
Cons
Eggers
Warehouse
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 14, 2018
Good job it's a warehouse I enjoy the job I can tell more about it in interview if I get a call back it's a big Waterhouse with an150 people or more there
Bad Place To Work
Not important (Former Employee) –  NeenahFebruary 1, 2018
Horrible place to work. Toxic management. No work and life balance. Management will set you up to fail. It is a no win environment. Turn over is unbelievable, unlike any other company. Pay is low. They do not walk the talk. They need to clean house...too many power players.
Bad management
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIOctober 29, 2017
the management and owners are constantly bickering, soworkers were nice but the management is whacked . No family time no vacations for years due to union control, poor union representation, poor concern for employess, safety is NOT a concern. The shcedule is not conducive to good family time or personal time. In short this company SUCKED
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
anything the ice queen touches is screwed up, poor management, NO family time
Stressful, disorganized
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  WIOctober 24, 2017
Difficult company to work for. Senior management and ownership consistently "put the cart before the horse", which makes for a very stressful work environment. Ownership does not appreciate their employees or their efforts. Middle management wants to improve things and create a better environment but it all falls on deaf ears.
Pros
none to note unless you like overtime.
Cons
poor senior management/ownership, unappreciated, stressful
Competitive, Innovative and Continuously Improving Working Environment
Production Coach (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WINovember 6, 2015
Constantly driving towards being the best in everything that we do. The management team is stellar and the operators are extremely motivated and disciplined. Safety comes before anything else and the employees practice this at all times, both at work and at home. There is a lot of processes that goes into making the product, so the day moves at a very quick pace. The hardest part of my job is when I see someone fail, especially an operator I supervise. I feel that when they have failed, then so have I. On the other hand, the part I enjoy the most is when I see others succeed. Since we are a Team, then we celebrate success as a Team. I am proud when one of my operators has achieved a goal that they set. Knowing that they feel encouraged by this, encourages me to push myself and others to our highest potential.
Pros
Flexibility with hours and excellent teamwork.
Cons
Mandatory Overtime
Great workforce, unrealistic owners
Director of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 10, 2017
Demands of the work day are high performance with minimal work life balance. I learned the company is not focused nor loyal to their workforce and are only concerned with how they can better their checking account. The hardest part of the job was tolerating the verbal abuse.
Pros
Workforce in the plant are outstanding
Cons
Owners
Great Pay, Horrible Management and Negative Culture
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers, WINovember 9, 2014
When offered the Project Coordinator position at Eggers Industries I was very excited to work for a company that boasted about their strong ethics and commitment to the environment and their employees. The starting pay and benefits offered were higher than other area positions, and I was hopeful this would be a good career path for me. Soon after starting my employment there I realized management had unrealistic expectations of their staff and very little, if any, job security was provided. Office employees were expected to dress as if they worked in a high-rise office building where they would be continuously meeting business personnel, while in all reality, staff were tucked into cubes and were not permitted to speak to others. Management would say one thing to your face and then proceed in a different direction. Preferential treatment towards others was definitely noted and it was apparent that favoritism was definitely something Eggers resorted to. The female owner of the company felt those under her were minuscule and made comments about how lucky her employees were to work in such a beautiful building as we were likely to never see such architecturally beautiful places during our time. Eggers is top heavy with management and the never ending policies and procedures that are there to "control" the employees. Employees are told they are allowed to use their discretion when it comes to their job, yet they are scrutinized and reprimanded when doing so. The entire organization needs an overhaul starting with the owners, upper management and some of the supervisory  more... team that are so out of touch with the unhappiness of their employees that they can't understand the turnaround. Employees want to work for an organization where they are treated with respect and where management doesn't just do a good job of trying to portray a certain image, but they are actually the "good" people they want everyone to believe. The office setting is absolutely beautiful, as are most of the employees.... but the energy within those walls and the culture of the organization is nothing but ugly to the core.  less
Pros
good starting wages, comfortable work enviornment
Cons
poor upper management, negative culture, no job security, unhappy employees