eHarmony Employee Reviews

Teamwork is key
Temporary Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Great learning experience, and great employees that are willing to help you. Great team work. You have questions, they are more than willing to help you, and actually be helpful. Sure you get a little miffed, but you don't repeat the same mistakes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
free lunches are not daily
We inventented online dating in a new way.
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 12, 2017
Challenging work place that changed frequently. Great business model that exists today. When you work for an Internet company and made commercials and then managed a float in the Tournament of Roses parade in Pasadena it is quite the learning experience.
Pros
I worked with our success stories to put them on television and radio
Cons
The media did not like our founder
Do not work here
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 1, 2017
Do not work here. You will never get paid enough to deal with some of the things you deal with there. I am glad that part of my life is over for good.
The struggle is real
Director, User Experience and Creative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2017
After a series of reductions in force, hopefully the company can find some balance and it's happy place. Tough times at the moment, but the company has its unique selling point and the product is evolving and improving. There is tough competition in the dating space at the moment.
Pros
Snacks, Sodas, cool office views, Usp
Cons
Questionable job security, poor morale
good
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 30, 2017
Cox overall is a good company, there were some issues pertaining to true growth within the company. It is similar to other competitive companies. I loved the people.
Great place to grow and learn
Technology (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90024May 16, 2017
The culture is inviting and fun. A small group, but meshed. The opportunity for growth is present and available for those seeking advancement.

The executive team has an open door policy with the CEO available and open to ideas.
Pros
Free food all around...breakfast, lunch, and plenty of snacks. There are break areas and games as well as happy hour on occassion.
Cons
The team is spread amongst four floors.
Laid back working environment
Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAMay 10, 2017
Internet driven business that provides not only perks for working in the office, but also allows you to work from home. Good benefits with a culture that is as diverse as the members it represents.
Good Place to work
Sr. Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2017
It was really nice working with E Harmony • Performed the change management tasks for the tickets.
• Provided BGP routing protocols for implementing multi-homing connection between AWS circuit, eHarmony circuit and provided the traffic flow.
• Configured OSPF on the Cisco 4500 series switches
• Configuration of VLAN from one network segment to other segment between different vendor switches (Cisco, Juniper)
• Layer2 and Layer3 switching and related functionality which includes the use of LAN, WAN, VLANS, STP.
Had Everything to Offer
Tier 2 Escalation Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 1, 2017
Other than the outsourcing; this company is a great company to work for. They provided free lunches 2x's a week, sometimes 3. They had excellent benefits for you and your family. Different ways to reward employees for accomplishments. Decent pay
Best job ever
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 25, 2017
I still have great memories and valuable friends from my employment there. A great company. The culture, commitment to excellence, and belief in what we we're doing stay with me to this day.
Fun and
Executive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAFebruary 15, 2017
eHarmony was a great place to work, it gave me a really great work/life balance. The culture was relaxed but past paced. There are some really smart people there. People often build friendships outside of work and enjoy team functions.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and great culture.
Cons
Overall, a great place to be
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2017
My time at eHarmony was a great one. My co-workers were extremely talented individuals who helped me become better in all aspects of my professional life. The shuffling of management was a bit worrisome at times, but in the end they did a great job while I was there.
Great Company with Perks
SR. COPYWRITER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2017
They really, really take care of their employees. It's a very collaborative work environment and management encourages teams to develop their skills and carve out their own career trajectory at eHarmony. It's a very "open door" type of company. Ask questions, get answers.
Not in a good shape
DS (Current Employee) –  LAOctober 12, 2016
Unreasonable, Apathetic, Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Drastic changes in management hasn't helped. A lot of politics involved. Back biting and credit grabbing culture is encouraged.
Fabulous~
Risk Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CAAugust 1, 2016
Fabulous, caring and thriving environment. This company will feed you and listen to you. What more can you ask for?
eHarmony is the best ever!
Awesome product and a great place to work
Vice President of Matching (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2016
It's pretty hard not to enjoy working at a company whose primary KPI is having its users fall in love! Employees are expected to work hard, but there is a lot of flexibility with time-off and schedules.
Pros
great people, great benefits, great location
Cons
commuting to anywhere in LA just sucks
Good tech stack
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westwood Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2015
Good tech stack in use. Involved in new(er) technologies and for our product line heavily cloud based. Down side of this is upper management doesn't believe in cloud since other end of tech team over-subscribe their hours to get stuff done with little rewards. I've been isolated from this now, but will have to face someday. Also lots of interaction with off-shore resources make for a long day. Since even though they have resource they're not schooled in the art of DevOps and just throw whatever out there.
Pros
Free Lunches - although quality at time is lacking and a lot of underordering;
Cons
they try to have a social structure, each group/dept acts alone, not much mingling except maybe during lunches, but real cliche!
Outstanding family oriented workplace
Risk Mitigation Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Great place to work and grow as a member of a team. I learned a great deal regarding Fraud and Fraud Detection. Developed skills and implemented programs to enhance the Customer experience.
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
n/a
Started off with a lot of great promises that never were fullfilled
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena CAJanuary 7, 2013
Management team I dealt with could be verbally abusive. Routinely fired people they didnt like with false reasoning behind it. Also came to find out that this company does not allow Gay people to use the site or be married due to the founders wishes. Wasn't really worth the time.
eHarmony takes care of you.
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 24, 2012
They really try and accomidate you and have turned the office into a home away from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eHarmony. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight