eHealth Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive, fun and team oriented.
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 16, 2018
Everyone is friendly and outgoing. Management is open and available. Tons of team and company activities (BBQs and potlucks). Peer groups are always willing to listen and provide constructive feedback.
Pros
During AEP lunches and snacks are provided
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 4, 2018
Excellent working culture, promotes from within. I would recommend working for this company however Lay-offs have been frequent with the business. You never feel totally secure in your position.
Cut throat environment
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2018
Cut throat environment. Unstable company and finances. I would not recommend working for EHealth. So many of the best employees have left the company.
great company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 29, 2018
Things are always changing at e Health Like meeting new people everyday.the staff is a Great group of people. they are growing always new things up in coming
Closing local office
Licensed in all (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 26, 2018
More than 70 people laid off because they bought an office closer to west coast. This office is in Texas, but they did offer to pay moving costs if we wanted to stay in the company.
it was great until they moved the place to utah...
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 6, 2018
it was a great opportunity- but w/ new mgmt and board they decided to move things to other parts of the country.

i don't know what else to say to make up the 150 characters required for this review...
Working experience
Retention Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for eHealth. They offer great pay and benefits overall it was a great company had no complaints. Unfortunately the company didn't need the retention department anymore.
Licensed Medicare Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 4, 2018
People are great and really work with you to help you accomplish your goals. Excellent support systems and technology. Work with you to help get all necessary licensing.
Pros
Great in helping people
Cons
Overall good place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Overall good place to work. This was a temporary assignment from an employment agency. This was my first year working here and the people were generally nice.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I loved working hhere. I only left becuase i moved and the travel to get to work was too much, the hours were great and everyone knew what was expected of them.

Want to know more about eHealth?

Ask a question
Call center environment
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 19, 2018
It is a call center sales job. They hire a bunch of people during Medicare open enrollment and then let most of them go after the enrollment period is over.
Not a good company
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 18, 2018
The average employee stays at eHealth 8 months. Most people just leave, High pressure. Poor management they just threaten to fire you all the time. Low commissions
Pros
Good benefits and for some reason occasionally some people
Cons
Unethical sales practices. Constant pressure
not consistant
Medicare Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 15, 2018
management can not figure out what they are doing with advertisements which highly effects your pay / commissions. It’s like dating a psychotic partner, constantly back and fourth
Great place to work.
Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working at eHealth because they paid well and offered overtime. I was able to make good money for the holidays. The staff was very nice and taught us a lot of good information needed to perform our duties.
Pros
Excellent pay.
No motivation
Subsidy Determination Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CANovember 13, 2017
eHealth was good for about one thing, they paid for your insurance training. Other than that, it was a very boring, non motivating position with very unorganized training.
Excellent company truly helping our retired Americans with Medicare
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 29, 2017
eHealth has a great culture that fosters professionalism mixed with fun for it's employees. eHealth also provided very current and ongoing education and training.
Pros
Ability to make good money
Cons
A lot of hours needed to work in Winter.
Operations support Representitive
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 26, 2017
Don’t let the title fool you. This is a mail room job.
Opening tons of mail, metering mail. Picking up and faxing paperwork. Dealing with unprofessional people.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
Unprofessional people
Great compensation and overall organization
Registered Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Northwest Arkansas, MO, OKOctober 26, 2017
Compensation is great, excellent communication. I wish there were more events available; however, that is the nature of this industry. I enjoy our clients and most events I work with team players. I like the cultural diversity and the opportunity to engage with each of our clients.
Pros
Compensation, organization, communication, many events available
Cons
Mostly seasonal opportunities
ok place
Seasonal Licensed Medicare Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 24, 2017
They are very much a numbers/high performance based company. If you have struggles with sales, they give you some counseling and try to motivate you, but if your numbers don't improve, they'll let you go. No real job development/training nor real sales training assistance if you struggle out on the floor after initial training.
Pros
Helped get insurance license training paid for
Cons
VERY tight on the sales expected. If performance is low, you won't last long
Company Didn't treat top agents well
Medicare Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2017
Work was fun and easy but management wasn't good at leading and they were not good at sales.

I did like the licensing department. They kept me up to date and compliant for selling which was appreciated.