eHealth Employee Reviews

Laid off
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAJune 17, 2018
February 2018 was a great month. I made quota and took vacation. March first, my whole office was laid off effective May 1, 2018.

It has been a very difficult Spring.
Overall not bad
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 15, 2018
Pretty good place to work. There is one of the managers who doesn't know anything about the industry or about management. But other than that the people are all awesome. Be prepared to sit in your seat all day and take the occasional write up for no apparent reason.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pay structure, management
Productive, fun and team oriented.
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 16, 2018
Everyone is friendly and outgoing. Management is open and available. Tons of team and company activities (BBQs and potlucks). Peer groups are always willing to listen and provide constructive feedback.
Pros
During AEP lunches and snacks are provided
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 4, 2018
Excellent working culture, promotes from within. I would recommend working for this company however Lay-offs have been frequent with the business. You never feel totally secure in your position.
Cut throat environment
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2018
Cut throat environment. Unstable company and finances. I would not recommend working for EHealth. So many of the best employees have left the company.
great company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 29, 2018
Things are always changing at e Health Like meeting new people everyday.the staff is a Great group of people. they are growing always new things up in coming
Corporate is running this company into the ground
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 28, 2018
This company has the highest attrition rate i've ever experienced, while having the highest cost per employee i know of. Each sales agent was licensed in 50 states, and paid to study for and take the state health license exam. They spend at least 10k per employee and, once hired, do absolutely nothing to help that employee succeed. i did well, but so many good people were laid off because they were hired without sales experience and never given a lick of sales training to ensure their success. The company wastes so much money and does nothing to make employees feel valued.
Closing local office
Licensed in all (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 26, 2018
More than 70 people laid off because they bought an office closer to west coast. This office is in Texas, but they did offer to pay moving costs if we wanted to stay in the company.
Working experience
Retention Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for eHealth. They offer great pay and benefits overall it was a great company had no complaints. Unfortunately the company didn't need the retention department anymore.
Licensed Medicare Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 4, 2018
People are great and really work with you to help you accomplish your goals. Excellent support systems and technology. Work with you to help get all necessary licensing.
Pros
Great in helping people
Cons
Overall good place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Overall good place to work. This was a temporary assignment from an employment agency. This was my first year working here and the people were generally nice.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAFebruary 23, 2018
I loved working hhere. I only left becuase i moved and the travel to get to work was too much, the hours were great and everyone knew what was expected of them.
Call center environment
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 19, 2018
It is a call center sales job. They hire a bunch of people during Medicare open enrollment and then let most of them go after the enrollment period is over.
Not a good company
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 18, 2018
The average employee stays at eHealth 8 months. Most people just leave, High pressure. Poor management they just threaten to fire you all the time. Low commissions
Pros
Good benefits and for some reason occasionally some people
Cons
Unethical sales practices. Constant pressure
not consistant
Medicare Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 15, 2018
management can not figure out what they are doing with advertisements which highly effects your pay / commissions. It’s like dating a psychotic partner, constantly back and fourth
Great place to work.
Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working at eHealth because they paid well and offered overtime. I was able to make good money for the holidays. The staff was very nice and taught us a lot of good information needed to perform our duties.
Pros
Excellent pay.
No motivation
Subsidy Determination Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CANovember 13, 2017
eHealth was good for about one thing, they paid for your insurance training. Other than that, it was a very boring, non motivating position with very unorganized training.
Excellent company truly helping our retired Americans with Medicare
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 29, 2017
eHealth has a great culture that fosters professionalism mixed with fun for it's employees. eHealth also provided very current and ongoing education and training.
Pros
Ability to make good money
Cons
A lot of hours needed to work in Winter.
Operations support Representitive
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 26, 2017
Don’t let the title fool you. This is a mail room job.
Opening tons of mail, metering mail. Picking up and faxing paperwork. Dealing with unprofessional people.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
Unprofessional people
Great compensation and overall organization
Registered Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Northwest Arkansas, MO, OKOctober 26, 2017
Compensation is great, excellent communication. I wish there were more events available; however, that is the nature of this industry. I enjoy our clients and most events I work with team players. I like the cultural diversity and the opportunity to engage with each of our clients.
Pros
Compensation, organization, communication, many events available
Cons
Mostly seasonal opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eHealth. Our community is ready to answer.