Eide Bailly Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 17, 2018
They provide very little training even though they provide "on the job training." I feel like they didn't give me enough opportunities to advance and be successful in the company.
Best in work/life balance
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 13, 2018
Eide Bailly- Williston was a great company to work for as they promoted work/life balance and actually implemented it. They provided a great continuing professional education during off tax season as well as various career enhancing programs. I also had the opportunity to transfer to another Eide Bailly office in a different state if I so choose and that flexibility was appreciated.
This place sucks!
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 27, 2018
Don’t waste your time
Management sucks
No chance of promoting
Back stabbing and immature
Those perks they boast about get charged to you
Everything was taxed
Good experience for an audit internship
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 13, 2018
This was an internship I took as a senior in college over a 3 month period. It did not give me enough time to truly look into their culture as it was busy season, but while I was there, it was a fast paced and fulfilling experience. I cannot completely rate everything above, but I only had to work late a few days, I was well compensated as an intern, I worked with great partners/management accountants, and liked what I was seeing in their culture. Everyone was very accommodating and listened to my questions and concerns. I learned what to look for as an entry level auditor and what was expected from start to finish. I believe the hardest part of the job was understanding the nature of the business I was auditing and what costs were normal versus questionable (i.e. low-income housing versus construction). The most enjoyable part was seeing the result of my work once it was printed on paper.
Pros
Relaxed office atmosphere, kind office staff, amenities
Cons
Rough initial learning curve, partner to partner expectations
Great culture
Human Resources - Tax Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my time in the Human Resources department at Eide Bailly. They encouraged my to advance my career with additional training.

Eide Bailly has a great group of employees that truly care for one another.

I recommend anyone to work at Eide Bailly.
Pros
Beautiful office
Cut Throat work environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 11, 2018
Would not recommend this employer to anyone, very cut throat and not kind to employees. Constant travel never at home with very little pay. Not a good place to work
Different type of accounting firm
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 14, 2018
The environment is more relaxed than many accounting firms. My experience was enjoyable but they need to be ready to make management changes when they are poorly effecting the staff.
It's a CPA Firm
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 7, 2018
National CPA firm. More centralized than I would prefer. I suspect things would have a much greater 'big brother' feel with a B4 firm, but eh, it is what it is.
boring
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 3, 2018
boring place to work. No expectations. Great place to die. You can just show up and keep your job. If you like no expectations then Eide Bailly is the place for you.
Pros
good people
Cons
boring
Strong Company, not perfect, but good.
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 10, 2017
The people I work with have a lot of energy--you have to in order to maintain the pace. Super great management that actually care about their employees (at least for a public accounting firm).
The company isn't perfect. There are some growing pains. Management sometimes pushes too hard on the expected workload, and there can be pushback from the staff. But, overall, It is a good group of people to work with, and they will take care of you if you put in good effort. Nowhere is going to be perfect. That said, this is a place where you can definitely grow your career.
Pros
Awesome work experience
Cons
Work life balance
Well Run Company
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 6, 2017
Eide Bailly is a well run top 25 CP firm. Unless you're willing to move to Fargo North Dakota there's virtually no opportunity for growth. They are well organized and expect accountability from emmployees.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
No ability for growth in IT
Great Experience in Public Accounting
AUDIT SEIONR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 28, 2017
Eide Bailly LLP is a great place to work and full of opportunity to pursue careers in public accounting. I loved working there. Eide Bailly serves clients across several industries so you have the opportunity to learn about many different industries or focus in on your interest area. As a mid-size accounting firm, you get the opportunity to work with multiple clients as well as many different peers which leads to a fun atmosphere. Eide Bailly LLP has a great culture.
Great place for female accountants!
associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2017
Eide Bailey has a progressive policy about promoting females to management. If you are a female and want to advance quicker than your male peers, the Focus First program will help you leap to the front. If I were a guy, I probably would not work here.
Pros
Scottsdale is nice
Cons
Sometimes have to go to Phoenix office
Ping Pong table is nice, might need to change other parts of culture and management
Tax Senior (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 12, 2017
- A lot of CPE
- Learned a lot about accounting for small business and individual tax returns
- Not very happy with management, didn't seem like they wanted me to improve
- Comedy wasn't funny sometimes, and was explicit
- Learning new things was enjoyable
- Teaching other was enjoyable
Good Culture, Great Workplace, Solid Management
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2017
Eide Bailly truly brings the best of both worlds to the table. Their expansion model of acquiring successful local firms and bringing them into the fold creates a hometown feel with big-firm resources. Like any accounting firm, the upward mobility is readily available to those willing to work hard.
Great opportunities for advancement, social atmosphere, steep learning curve
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 18, 2017
During the tax season you can expect to work a minimum of 60 hours per week, including Saturdays and Sundays. The long hours contribute to a steep learning curve involving complex tax programs, such as Prosystems, and knowledge of many different tax laws.

The supervisors are always willing to answer questions and help in any way they can, even with their own hectic schedules.

Overall, great company to work for with lots of great opportunities for advancement.
Expect to travel - very big on education
Database Coordinator/IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed my short time working for them except for the expected amount of travel to the head office. I worked in a town 250 miles away and was asked to travel there on short notice for team meetings more times that I was comfortable with. They are big on education which is a plus and will help you out if it is job related.
Pros
Change of advancement
Cons
Travel and work hours
Excellent place to work.
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 22, 2017
Fast-paced and intense. The employer provides a challenging environment for those who are able to keep up. Employees are treated well and management is responsive and engaged.
Clique
Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 18, 2016
Standard CPA and consulting firm. For the most part, partners might be able to help with your career. Don't count on it. If this is your first CPA firm then you'll love it because you don't know any better. However, you're smart enough to land a gig here, then you are smart enough to have a job that provides better benefits at a much healthier cost. Oh, and get a plant on your desk if you want to fit in. If you don't have your CPA then plan on having minimum financial support in obtaining your certification. If you are smart enough to get a job here, then you'll be smart enough to land a job with a consulting firm to financially support obtaining your CPA without any strings attached. Nickel and Dime firm. Turnover in some offices high for a reason.
Pros
Plugs for a lot of events, Hard Working Environment
Cons
COSTLY benefit package, Terrible feedback approach, High School culture, cliques, Favorites are played, Feels like the firm is still trying to "figure it out"
Productive and calm work environment
TAX INTERN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 15, 2016
I would spend most of my days doing various types of taxes returns. Mostly individual tax returns, but also some partnership, S-corps, and a handful of C corps and international corporations. I also did some work with financial institutions.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eide Bailly. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.8InHerSight Score

4.9Personal Development

4.9Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight