Eide Bailly

Eide Bailly insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

good co-workers

Acquires small to mid-size CPA firms. Good training for beginning accountants. Supportive managers and partners, some started their entire accounting career here.

Pros

supportive management

Cons

tax season, low wages compared to market

Not a lot of support

I was hourly which is good because you will work a lot of overtime. Benefits were decent. There is not a lot of support and expected to figure things out for yourself. It can be very high stress during tax time.

Pros

Overtime, benefits, stocked breakroom

Cons

High stress, lack of support

Great benefits

The benefits were Eide Bailey’s biggest benefit. It is a good career and nice for accountants. The accountants made me feel appreciated. The office building was nice and comfortable.

Toxic Culture

I can't speak for other departments but Admin staff is extremely undervalued and taken advantage of. I felt like the upper management and partners looked down on admin staff. Management plays favorites and enables bad behavior ( i.e. being drunk during work hours, multiple times a week) and then will turn around and gaslight you by saying you aren't working hard enough. You will constantly be nit picked and scolded for not doing enough, even when you might be performing 3 different job responsibilities. If you raise concerns or questions they will go unheard. It's a shame because I think EB has to potential to be a great workplace but as the saying goes "employees don't leave companies, they leave managers"

Pros

Lots of free food, office space is pretty, generous PTO

Cons

Toxic culture, no growth opportunities, bad management

The people

Wonderful co-workers, an ability to work on a variety of projects and be an internal part of the team. We are appreciated by all staff and have an overall feeling of inclusion. Great place to work!

Pros

Team work

Cons

Standardization of processes not enforced

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

I interviewed for EB and got an offer. I am looking forward to work with the company.

Most of the people in my team are amazing. My managers and teammates are friendly and helpful. I enjoy learning new things about new industries and I am exposed to at least 4 different industries in one year.

They work their admins to death

Worked as part of the admin team for several CPAs in the company. They work their admins to death, high demand- I especially took care of an off site storage facility where files were kept and there were hundreds of files. No concern for getting files in the cold and snow during the dead of winter in Minnesota. In my experience the partners and managers didn't treat admins well, or with much respect. Was very draining, and in the end not the best opportunity.

Good company

While firm leadership is solid, some industry and functional service line leaders play favorites, making it difficult for those not in their favor to advance.The work itself was rewarding and fun, but not much upward potential.

Good culture for a firm

Management and employees are extremely helpful. Although the culture was great at work it was almost impossible to make a personal connection with your coworkers due to various circumstances. Pay is good but working in a corporate setting would have been better.

Pros

benefits are VERY good

Cons

stressed even when work is slow

Eide Bailly is a great company, the local office - not so much

Eide Bailly as a whole is a great company. The perks and benefits are nice. The problem is that there is a complete lack of oversight in their smaller, remote/satellite offices. One tyrannical partner can destroy the moral and overall mood for everyone, and get away with it. Repeatedly.

Pros

Great benefits and perks, decent pay

Cons

Poor partner oversight in small offices, poor work-life balance

Caddy women

Caddy women . They cannot adapt to change. Clicky group gossiping about everyone behind their backs. Fake smiles and dilusional expectations. Run from this place management is horrible!!

Pros

Free lunches if there’s any left

Cons

No advancement

Great company nationally, one bad lead draining the soul out of the local office.

Great opportunity to grow and learn with an expanding firm. Great overall culture. Local tax office seems to floundering under the direction of micromanaging, weak leader with poor people skills. Otherwise, the company is full of brilliant, interesting and encouraging managers & partners.

Pros

Strong company, great training, great co-workers.

Cons

Department head with weak management and people skills.

One of the best places I ever worked.

I love my job & the people I work with. Great hours and great pay! Very inclusive and family oriented. Everyone there is extremely helpful and willing to jump in and assist.

Pros

Pay, location and co-workers

Cons

Okay place to work to gain work experience.

Eide Bailly doesn't lead from the front as they think they do. Instead, they copy what other accounting firms are doing, tweak it, and call it their own.

The Worst company I have ever worked for

They promise you the moon when they buy your company and then lie and treat you terribly after the acquisition. Unethical and terrible management. No team atmosphere, back stabbing. No orientation because of vindictive office manager. Treated like an outsider. Lied to about job just to get the deal done in acquisition. Terrible experience.

I feel that it can be a productive environment but they stress results.

I feel that it can be a productive environment but they undervalue the administrative staff. The work life balance is geared more towards younger people.

Specialty Services is a small, close knit group within a much bigger corporation

I was fortunate to be able to work remotely almost 100% of the time. My direct boss was knowledgeable and patient. I learned a lot about not only the software itself that we supported, but the processes themselves. I'm much smarter now than I was then!

Local Management were great... Corporate Management weren't!

Environment was very professional. Local management were great to work with and for, but the corporate level management teams were not. It was classic cases of "no good deed goes unpunished!"

Great people, great vision and opportunities

Almost everything about my experience at Eide Bailly has been positive. It is Public Accounting so there are long hours at times, but less than other firms. The people are great and the opportunities for learning and exposure to a variety of companies and all aspects of those companies. The compensation starts off competitive, but that gap grows wider as you move up and peers at other firms are being paid much more. Also, the health insurance is expensive if you have a family.

Fun Workplace

I enjoyed working there The co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. Tax return time was very busy, but they made it enjoyable. Management was great!

Busy workplace

Busy workplace with good job security. When I worked there we had manger vs. staff dynamics that weren't handled properly and turned into career long battles between the two.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eide Bailly. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.2
InHerSight Score
4.1Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
4.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Eide Bailly
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?