Eighteen Capital Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst company have every worked for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 24, 2018
The corporate people do not care about there employees. They only care about money they don't even care about the teanents. Very poor mangment. Will micro manage you want to know exactly what you are doing everyday. At every moment. On oncalls you do not get paid any mileage or any pay until you are on property and clock in. Will lie to about raises and bonuses. Has very poor mangment from corporate.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Pay, benefits insurance is at a high cost
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2018
Great experience and learned a lot. Management truly cares about their employees. Flexible hours. Lunch and breakfast provided. Great office location on plaza.
Poor Management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 8, 2017
I am a previous leasing consultant with 18Capital Group in the Kansas City area and worked with them for 1 year. I had every intention on finding a good career home and staying but management made it impossible. When I have first started, I did not get the proper training needed to perform my daily duties and pretty much had to just figure it out for a while. Then, later get cursed out or cold eyes by management because it was not done the way they wanted it done at that particular time without instruction. This type of work environment makes people feel very uncomfortable. The office is very unorganized and lacks communication. Management did not have a routine or even know much about the leasing professionals tasks and how to correctly perform basic daily duties. However, over time being self taught, I have developed a well routine and the residents loved me. Which had been the reason I was able to advance to where I am now at a high level; and growing within my new property management company.

Also, when it came to manangement, they were not involved and barely spoke to you if you were not in manangement or of any importance to them. They never took the time to recognize their employees and did not practice promoting within the company unless you have a personal relationship with manangement. They were not fair to residents and in addition, management has many complaints from residents; and 18 Capital are more for collecting money instead of taking care of their residents in many ways.

Maintnance is not prompt and hates their job due to hiring just anyone; which results
  more... to unhappy residents and a hostile office. Huge office turnover and no stability to grow. I had posted my resume on indeed and an outstanding company had contacted me to join them with much better pay, better benefits, better community, fair and organized management and better reputation within only a week! There were no regrets given :) Except only the bonds I have created with the great residents that just wanted to be appreciated and taken care of.

If you are looking to have "Leasing Professional" on your resume to gain experience; I say go for it. However, be aware that this company is often posting employment offers for a reason. As well, consider if you plan on accepting new opportunities to grow within another company, do not expect your previous leasing bonuses or even current or future move ins that you have worked hard for. You will not get paid for them. However, where I am now pays you for everything you work for which is rightfully so! Google reviews are free and easy to access. Research the community and trust that not "everyone" is fibbing. I highly recommend that 18Capital be your last resort to success in the leasing field. Good luck.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Poor management, unorganized work environment, very unprofessional, unfair to residents, no advancement opportunities
Great growing company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  SCOctober 20, 2017
Great company with a lot of opportunities. I love my property and team and have no plans of ever leaving. My supervisor is supportive and I’ve learned a lot
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Always busy
Memories at The Retreat
Leasing / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 17, 2017
When I was hired I had no experience in leasing. I had a great teacher so I learned fast, I stayed super busy. I had paid vacations several times. For the most part the residents were friendly. The coworkers at the time were like family.
Pros
busy, paid okay, never bored
Cons
stressful at times, lots of work
Owner's are not involved
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 21, 2017
I was excited to be hired on at this company, they do have great benefits, provide lunch on Wed and breakfast on Fridays, great 401k, a nice office and a kitchen stocked. However, its a "big boys club" so to speak. If you cross the upper management of men, they will find a way to get rid of you, which is what happened to me. If you have a concern, dont bother, nothing will get done about it. The controller that I worked with is no longer there. When I was there, I had been written up for bogus accusations and did not sign it, typed up a rebuttal and then was let go later in the year. During that time, the controller nit picked at everything I did, I had been set up. Its a "clicky" office and I do not care for that.
Benefits
Cons
All Management were men