Eileen Fisher Employee Reviews

A fine organization with a strong brand and culture
Director of Architecture and Facilities (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NYNovember 26, 2018
I grew tremendously as a leader and a professional. My time at EILEEN FISHER was very valuable. I worked on many different types of projects and was allowed creativity and connection with other key leaders.
Pros
People
Cons
Challenging business environment
Great work environment
Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Good place to work. A little limitation with upward mobility. Overall opportunities to learn new skills as the company sources, manufactures, and sells its goods from beginning to end.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Long hours sometimes
There is no place like it in the Retail Industry
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 28, 2018
EILLEN FISHER leads the fashion industry in providing an atmosphere of wellbeing for all employees. The mission drives the business and the employees are all engaged in that mission. I learned so much about the industry because of the transparency within the company as well as the in-depth training provided. The most enjoyable part my job was engaging the community in our company values. The workplace culture is very collaborative and inclusive. This was the most fun and nurturing job I have ever held. Because of the personal development, fun atmosphere and team environment I stayed nearly a decade and loved every minute of it.
Amazing company
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 23, 2018
I loved working at the company, it was a fast working environment with a teamwork, Eileen Fisher offered great benefits for the employees with a loving and caring atmosphere.
Calm place to work
LEAD UX DESIGNER (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
Overall great experience for the most part. The work load wasn't overbearing and the environment was pleasant. I like the team I worked for. They were all very nice.
The ***Worst*** Company to work for - ever
Production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
Steer as far away from this company as you possibly can!

Racial discrimination is rampant.

Cult like behavior among tenured employees with very poor skill set.

No opportunity for advancement,

Outdated legacy systems.

Massive resistance to trying anything new. Standard response _"we have always done it this way"

Sustainability is a front. The fabric that pays their bills is the unsustainable viscose and is blended in everything.

Working here is committing career suicide! You have been warned!
Pros
IS this a joke!
Cons
See above
Employee benefits were great.
Visual/Petite Specialist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
Typical day, was assisting the customers, restock, visual merchandising and Point-of-Sale duties. There I learned the foundation of superb customer service.
During my time at Eileen Fisher, management varied. I have worked with some great managers.

The workplace culture was great. Very commutative. The hardest part of the job was leaving.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the great people I had an opportunity to work with and learn from during my time there.
Pros
Co-workers and benefits
Cons
short breaks
There was no " Management " at all.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 1, 2018
The Employees did whatever they wanted. Everyone had their own
Way! The Manager was clueless to what they were doing. It was
Very sad to see a " Name like Eileen Fisher" , be so misrepresented. The store was ran like a playground. Everyone did it there way. A tremendous operation run by the mentality of a
5 yr old.
Pros
Pay, clothes
Cons
Everything else. No Management or rules inforced.
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 29, 2018
Wonderful place to work with a lot of perks and great potential for growth in the company. The company care for their employees and gives great support for teams.
Pros
Cons
n/a
Wonderful work environment! Great people and benefits!
Regional Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
This was a great work experience! I really enjoyed working for this company! Great work/life balance. Collaborative environment where everyone has a voice.
Pros
Employee benefits & work/life balance
Cons
Eileen Fisher…the brand, which builds community locally and globally.
Sales and Marketing Professional (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 5, 2018
I learned how to better manage a retail store, from selling product to receiving shipments from vendors. I learned a great deal about inventory management.
Pros
Learning and Development teaches employees to delivery of training to their peers.
Cons
The only weakness I found was trying to transfer process from one location to another.
Productive workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 2, 2018
This was a part-time position. However I enjoyed working and developing client relationships. The workplace culture was positive. The hardest part of the job was standing in between client appointments.
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Standing long hours
Wonderful company with great benefits
Regional Business Leader-SpecialtyStore Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
Wonderful company with great benefits.

After being here for nearly 14 years, I have experienced quite a few shifts in leadership, culture and practices.
Overall, I had a great experience here.
Management stinks
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 17, 2018
Poor management and a lot of favoritism if you kiss up to them you will advance.My cat has a higher education then most of the manager's. The main guy there is a jerk.There are some good people that work there but very few. The maintenance department for the day shift are great.
Pros
Very clean place the maintenance on the day shift are very good .night shift is another story.
Cons
Alot of igornorant people that likes to gossip.
Terrible place with phony people who live to gossip!!!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The only way to advance is to throw someone under the bus. Fake people who love to speak poorly of others. Upper store regional sales mgmt needs to be fired. Eileen needs to stop giving power to these hurtful, story telling individuals who barely do any work!!! Health benefits far more expensive than other companies. The rest of the benefits are comparable to other companies...Never saw a company with so many meaningless webinars, conference calls, workshops and meetings....wake up Eileen!!!!
It's worth the wait
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. I have an a great time working there and have been able to learn alot and explore other areas of interest that I have outside of my position.
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 29, 2017
When working for Eileen fisher the management didn't understand that life happens, and when hiring college students they didn't care or compromise to come up with a solution. The work environment however was relaxed and very slow paced which is good for college students who are looking for a job where they aren't stressed or worried about anything.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
poor management
Import Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NYNovember 7, 2017
Awesome place to work, great work life balance but lacked career and salary advancement. My leader was amazing but there is also a lack of good leadership skills throughout the company.
"Great place to work."
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2017
Great place to work. Flexible work/life balance schedule. A true collaborative workplace culture. Employees can truly thrive in wellness & personal development.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Short Breaks
Collaborative workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvington, NYAugust 13, 2017
Spend significant amount of time collaborating in-person and virtual to get work done. Getting to decisions sometimes takes some time due to lengthy discussions.... But the decisions are usually well thought out when they are made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eileen Fisher. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight