Einstein Bros.® Bagels Employee Reviews

It is a very good place to work at
Prep/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2018
Einstein-Bros Bagels is a good place to work at.Its work conditions are pretty great.Its customer service is good so are the employers.The hardest part of the job is the line.The most important part of the job is the teamwork.
Pros
free lunches, tips
Cons
breaks
We made our employees proud of the brand
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMay 16, 2018
We were able to improve sales and service based on company guidelines and procedures. We also increase our delivery service based on service, quality and accuracy.
Great atmosphere fast-paced environment
Baker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
I am a baker. I work basically graveyard shift ranging from 1 AM till 11 AM. A typical work day would include getting the store ready to open. I get the products ready i.e. bagels and pastries. I am also I am the delivery driver. My store is the busiest out of the 16 stores in the Las Vegas area. Saturdays there is a line out the door most of the time. If you follow your work guidelines and management suggestions you should be fine and should not get overwhelmed. I have been there for eight years and love it.
Pros
Tips, discounted food, paid vacations, medical/dental insurance, breaks
Cons
Fast paced, demanding at times
Unorganized and terrible way of serving customers, very slow co workers.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
I was not fond of working here because it got very hectic and there were not enough people working when we needed them to be there. Overall I would not recommend this job.
Great team to work with
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284May 14, 2018
Working at Einsteins was the most fun I’ve had working, even when it was busy it was fun cause we were working as a unit, no problem was a problem, sometimes its the people you work with that make the job
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Upper management had no idea how things worked
College Campus
Food prep, food line, self-taught barista, baker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2018
Einsteins in and of itself is a great set up. Lots of variety for the customers, which makes every day not repetitive. However, my manager was what made this job miserable. She would more often than not place a non-supervisor in charge while she sat in her office, which was in a separate section of the Student Union. We were all capable of running the shift ourselves, but it sent the message that she did not care. She would also have student workers do inventory for her. I worked there for about 2 years and I saw the deterioration of her management, which drastically effected the staff's morale.
Awful, most incompetent management ever.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
Workplace culture was nonexistent, management was completely incompetent. I ended up leaving after not getting paid the bonus I was owed and my significant other wasn't getting paid his full wage.
My experience
Food Maker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 8, 2018
It's not a bad place to work if you are a college student. The pay is not great but it will keep some money in your pockets. There is a lot of cleaning you have to you too.
Pros
Free sandwich
Fast paced work environment
Cashier/Order Taker (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at einsteins. Normally I was working as a cashier/order taker in the drive through. I like working in customer service. It was a fun work environment I just didn't like the commute to holiday everyday.
great company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed the people, the management, the perks, the food, everything there was a ton of fun. The training was good, and the bagels and the sandwiches are delicious!
Opportunity to advance with higher pay than average.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 2, 2018
I loved working for the company. Waking up before the sun comes up was definitely difficult but overall i would recommend working there. Management was there for personal as well as work issues.
Pros
Free food for shift leads, 50% discount for employees, friendly management, ability to be promoted quickly, nice coworkers, ability to work as few hours or as many as you would like. high pay.
Cons
waking up early.
Overall work experience
Crew (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 30, 2018
My typical day would be to get in about an hour prior to opening to get things such as coffees, teas and bagels set-up for the morning. Keep things well stocked for customers. Restock prior to leaving shift. Count drawer and be responsible for money in register.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Low pay
Horrible place to work
District Baker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2018
As the traveling baker at the time it was rough driving all around the city from store to store everyday most times splitting my work week between 2 to 3 stores. I had to train all the new bakers that came thru and if they slipped up once I got in trouble for it instead of the GM not inforcing our policy. Poor management, unclean stores and poor coworkers with the exception on a few here and there.
Pros
Only have to work about getting you work done and your free to leave
Cons
Everything else about this place is poor, don’t work there if your a baker
Great group I like to call family
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 27, 2018
Working for Einstein's has been amazing. I've learned so many things: how to inventory, how to put together catering etc. The group that I work with I wouldn't trade for anything. We are like a big family. This past year has been hard for me and no matter what I needed whether it was short notice for time off or what not, they had me covered.
Run-of-the-mill fast food job
Assistant manager/Line cook/ Prep cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2018
Run-of-the-mill fast food job a little more upscale from McDonald's but more or less on the same vein. While the work is not hard and it is consistent the pay is not something you can live on.
Good first job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 26, 2018
worked here through high school after turning 16- fine first job but has early hours and lackluster coworkers. had a great boss, but i don't think that's a reflection of the company as a whole
Pros
great boss
Cons
no full time
Productive and fun workplace
Manager/Director of Catering for the SE (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 24, 2018
I really enjoyed being the Manager of Catering for EBB. I was a Barista to begin with but later took on the job as catering Manager.
I only left EBB because there were no raises.
Pros
excellent workplace
Cons
no raises
fun, christian enviroment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXApril 17, 2018
A typical day at work is full of laughter and movement
I learned great customer service and how to serve people with the upmost respect.
Management was easy once i learned everyone of my co workers and how to work with them.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with everyone's different attitudes all at one time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughs and jokes.
Bagel Bananza
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAApril 17, 2018
If you like smelling like and eating bagels all the time, this is a good job for you! Cashier, baker and "cook" positions are about all you can do in an Einstein's Bagels store. Very fast paced mornings and slow afternoons. Repeat customers made job very enjoyable - customers in a hurry or upset with bagel selection can make the job hard.This was my first cashier job and I learned how to tender money here!
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Unmotivated coworkers
I Loved Einstein
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 17, 2018
I Loved Einstein Ever Day Was Something Different, I Also Loved Working With Other People. While Working At Einstein Bagels I've Learned that Team Work And Patients Is The Key You Have To Move Quick. My Managers Were Great And they Were Great Motivators. The Hardest part of the Job Was trying To Get Every Thing Done In A Timely Matter, They Were A Very Busy Franchise. But I Love working There And Seeing People Joy After They Received What The Ordered.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Only 15 Minutes Breaks Were Aloud

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Einstein Bros.® Bagels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight