Eisenhower Medical Center Employee Reviews

good work enironment and staff support
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2019
Work days were balanced so that workloads were easy to handle which made for a good work day. management always available. the staff made the day easy because they are always willing to assist with patient care and at times fun because the patient population was local and many knew the staff on a first name basis, socializing was a part of patient care.
very good
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 6, 2019
very busy most of time giving quality care, stat lab and whole hospital. good health care and good inviorment learning, rapid response............................................................................
Pros
progress your self
Cons
very busy
Staff is great, management ok
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 4, 2019
It is a good place to jump start your career and get experience. There are levels for advancement to bump up your pay a little. Problem with being told to leave and come back to get a proper raise when others come with some experience or less getting a few dollars more than you.
Pros
Free gym and classes. Love the benefits
Cons
We are all expendable, cafe is expensive
co-workers
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CA 92270January 24, 2019
a lot of full time employees, like to hide and let the per diem employees do they're job. Other wise my supervisor was amazing while i worked the per diem shift.
LOVED Working here!!!
EMT-Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Very many different personalities you have everyday. Some "clicks", beware of them!!! Worked with very few physicians that thought they were "above" you and "thought you were stupid". Most of them understood us and were more than happy to teach you anything, all you had to do was ask!! They encouraged you to further your career. Several tried to get me to go to nursing school, as they stated, "You know more than half these nurses do". Always wish I had listened to them.
Pros
99% Awesome staff to work with
Cons
TOO short of breaks, if you could get one at all, lol...Life in the ER
Very Productive
Ancillary Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CA 92270December 20, 2018
I enjoy learning everything in the medical field, when it comes to billing. I make sure the insurances and for the company get paid fairly. Providing information to family members and their loved ones making sure they are covered properly in their healthcare.
Great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 19, 2018
Co-workers make all the difference. If it wasn’t for Human Resources controlling all aspects of personnel this would be an ideal place to work. Education is promoted but only sometimes (I received help for my batchelor degree but not career advancement)
Pros
Good people
Cons
Terrible HR (for example- 0 pay transparency)
Great Place to work
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 18, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Eisenhower, great people to work with and the work pace is perfect, no stress. I would really love to go back and work for them again if that is possible.
Pros
happy people
Prestigious upscale hospital
Lead Patient Access Associate--Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 17, 2018
Responsible for precise data entry, patient insurance verifications, authorizations and referrals, including making sure diagnosis codes correspond to level of service and authorizations and verification codes

Created monthly reports for records, closed terminated records and completed chart audits

Organized billing and invoice data and prepared accounts receivable and expected revenue reports for controllers

Contacted insurance providers to verify correct insurance information and get authorization for proper billing codes
Great environment to work in flexible hours
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 15, 2018
I have really enjoyed my working experience here at eisenhower. In the year I've worked here I've have had opportunities to grow in my profession , as well as being able to continue my education thanks to the flexible hours they offer.
there is a lot of career opportunities
CNA and Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 13, 2018
Eisenhower is a great place to work. There is a lot of room to grow and they offer career opportunities for employees who want to continue to go to school for nursing
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Great place to work and great people to work with
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 9, 2018
The best hospital I have ever been associated with during my long career. I went there as a traveler then was hired on staff, with a great bonus incentive. Loved my position and the incredible nurses that I worked with on a day to day basis
great nursing job
CPT RESOURCE POOL (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 29, 2018
I loved working there with a group of people doing phlebotomist job. patients were great. Administrators could have been better, pay was not very great.
Pros
hospital
Cons
hours
Upscale Medical Center
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 24, 2018
Very posh environment. Good pay, nice people. Excellent working conditions. In a very upscale neighborhood. Good patient care, fair management. Staffing can be low at times. Good incentives for overtime.
Pros
Good pay, swank environment, clean, beautiful grounds.
Cons
Intolerably hot in Summer. Very elderly patient population, high death rate. No maternity services.
travel rn
ED Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 23, 2018
M<anagement is excellent, very supportive of staff. Staff is friendly and work as an excellent team. Lots of geriatric patients due to the location, but good experience overall
insurance benefits and retirement plan are great
Admitting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 22, 2018
I believe the people at the top need to know more of what is going on on the front lines, not only by the report given to them but also by going around and speaking, saying hello to the workers, there needs to be that connection, by making themselves more visible to the people doing the work, they would help build morale and a deeper desire of workers to do a better job and in return also create a better customer experience for all patients coming in for services, thus making Eisenhower Medical Center even a better place than it already is.
Pros
insurance benefits, retirement.
Cons
stressful environment
Difficult
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 8, 2018
Difficult and unprofessional atmosphere. Management asks for accomplishments that are not possible. Lack of department working together causing delays.
Low pay rate
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 6, 2018
Unfortunately employees get paid very low for being Eisenhower. The Foundation recieves very well donations with 24/7 services. Management not too great.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Too many to list
Fire Control Tech. demanding HVAC/R Demanding
HVAC/R Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 2, 2018
As the Fire Control Tech. I was on-call during all off hours. This never interrupted my personal life to a point that I thought about doing something else.I was compensated well for this responsibility.
I studied the NFPA handbooks and was given the opportunity to attend college courses the enhanced my ability to perform my duties better. Emergency fire alarms during the day and night were very disturbing to my peace of mind even though most of them were false alarms.
I enjoyed watching personnel apply what had been taught in lectures I provided to all departments

As a HVAC/R technician, I was provided help from others who had a vast level of experience in the field. This help made me feel a part of the overall workplace and part of the team of A/C techs.
Cleaning ice machines, servicing in-house and roof top equipment was very interesting due to the multiple types of a/c units.
It was difficult to work of the roofs during the hot summer days, but I enjoyed helping other staff in the buildings enjoy the comfort that my efforts provided.
Pros
Eisenhower provided great benefits, financial, medical, retirement, etc
Emc
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 27, 2018
It's a good place to learn quickly. It is a fast paced environment that will serve anyone who works well to learn what they need to excel in their career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eisenhower Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.