Eisenhower Medical Center Employee Reviews

Prestige Hospital
Patient Admitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 17, 2018
Beautiful place to work. Salary not high for many positions. Advancement available if you have certain degrees. Friendly professional management and directors.
prayer
Volunteer Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 8, 2018
prayer for people in hospital for healing and to become health prayed for the doctor for
nurse and medication that be quick healing and to comfort them before and after operations
Pros
clean hospital
Cons
intern
i love my job
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 8, 2018
Eisenhower is a great company to work for. The best hospital in the coachella valley. I loved my management and co workers and if i didn't have to relocate i could see myself retiring from this company.
Bad management
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 2, 2018
I’m still with EMC . The nurse educator is arrogant and a snake. She will manipulate any situation to fit her needs. You must kiss major butt here to have a decent day to day. Bunch of winy old ST’s as well with a few exceptions.
Pros
Beautiful environment
Cons
Cliquish
be prepared to be flexible.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CA 92270April 26, 2018
Eisenhower's primary focus is filling on call and per diem positions.Their is very little room for advancement or growth. They do have micromanaging individuals and that makes the job more taxing.
Very professional, busy hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 11, 2018
Extremely highly recommended facility to work at, professional staff and lovely grounds. Opportunities do come available for those who wish to advance.
Pros
Long term employment is possible
Cons
Administration changes occur frequently
Just Okay
Cardio thoracic surgery CMAII (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 6, 2018
Eisenhower as a whole has flaws all over the department I worked in did not have any structure don't doctors being stuck in their ways the manager and coworker we're great but the doctors were unbareable. Eisenhower is good for the higher positions they forget about the little people
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Pay for the lower positions
Bitterswet
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 6, 2018
Working in the Laboratory was an incredible experience, Great opportunity for learning and growth in your career. Staff were all hard-working compassionate people. Management is way underqualified and unprofessional.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work with, coworkers are are hardworking and professional
Cons
Under qualified Management
Fun Workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 6, 2018
I enjoyed volunteering here because it felt like I was helping others. The best part was to be with the older adults and learn about their past and how they also ended up volunteering .
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No money (volunteer hours)
Who runs this place?
Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 2, 2018
They have many "managers". Can't tell you what any of them do every day. There is no accountability and they are very money oriented. Oddly, they spend money on the weirdest priorities.

Want to know more about Eisenhower Medical Center?

Ask a question
Cut throat
Interventional Radiology (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 1, 2018
I am a current employee and can't leave since I accepted a relocation bonus. In my department, IRL, the nursing supervisor is very knowledgeable , but shes just doesn't have the people skills to convey it to her employees.

The Education department is pretty useless. I was given 1 whole day of general orientation and sent to the floor. No basic education on hospital policies: blood transfusions, restraints...I was expected to find it on the computer and read them. I was told by someone else that she was a tech. went back and got her RN and was given 30 days of orientation...as a new nurse.

Nursing supervision, never seen those people...

Staff...Now thats another story. The majority of the nurses think that they are perfect because they work at a Magnet hospital or they have their BSN or MSN. Sorry ladies and gentlemen, It takes more than a piece of paper to be a good nurse. There is a lot of the "peter principle" going on here, unless they don't like you. It is VERY cliquish here.

Money is good, bene's are ok
Pros
money
Cons
attitudes
Teaching hospital, cornucopia of opportunity
ER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage,CAMarch 27, 2018
This ER was busy. I started in the transportation department and became an ER Tech when I received my EMT license. I learned to assist with many things from suturing, urology, respiratory, bone-setting, etc. I settled patients in their beds and did whatever the doctors ad nurses needed done.
Pros
learning opportunity
Cons
night hours
Was sick and to leave.
EVS II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 24, 2018
I don't have much to say about the hospital but workers deserve more. More training for the cleaning staffs and supervisors on how to deal with other staffs.
Pros
No free food
Very good
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 19, 2018
Worked with all departments in the Call Center. Created scripts and a tracking system to describe incoming calls. Assisted marketing in projects with the calendar and general duties.
poor managment
Surgical technologist extern (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 7, 2018
whoever comes up with the important decision has no idea of what goes on in the workplace, the administration is totally disconnected from everyone else and payroll has what is called a blended rate for 12-hour shift that doesn't make any sense and even though they said is the same; it is not.
See summary below
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 6, 2018
Eisenhower is one of three hospitals in the area, and is the only hospital I have ever worked at. Because of the advancement opportunities I have received, I never thought to relocate to another local hospital. Eisenhower worked hard to receive its Magnet status, and management works hand in hand with its nursing staff.

Eisenhower offers great benefits and I believe salaries are equal to the other hospitals in the area. While the other two hospitals are union, Eisenhower has stayed competitive and nursing has not had to opt for a union.
Pros
Great team spirit with management leading their group
Cons
Not enforcing their policies, for example: people calling off more than the alloted time.
Cardiac rehab specialist.
Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Worked with pulmonary and cardiac rehab patients .Worked with post op heart patients and patients with respiratory compromise. Training and educational methods of patient care.
Beautiful atmosphere
Patient Admitting Specialist - Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 16, 2018
As an admitting specialist I was able not only to continue to do what I love, but also was introduced to work in the laboratory. Very nice and helpful
Pros
Beautiful scenery
Cons
Was only hired as Per Diem
Fast paced environment.
Central Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 14, 2018
This job is very fast paced and challenging.

This job allows you to learn everyday.

Management is aware of needs of the surgical department.

"Call" is the hardest part of this job.
Pros
ability to receive advanced education
Cons
stressful environment
Stressful place to work
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 4, 2018
I made calls to worker comp insurance companies regarding payments or lack of. Lack of management and no structure. The hardest part of job was working with some of the other employees.
Pros
Cons
to many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eisenhower Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.