El Camino Hospital
76Above average

El Camino Hospital Employee Reviews

United States155 reviews
El Camino is a very clean, professional hospital. There are many ways to advance your career. The team members are positive and want to see each other grow, especially the management.
Need to be certified on specific position, flexible, willingness, energetic, willing to accept changes, challenges and must practice the company's policy and procedure
I was hoarse because I did not do my job fast enough. Management doesn't care about employees but only cares about amount of work for low pay compensation. Many fellow employees left me alone in the E.R. where the patient load is very fast passed and it's almost impossible to keep up with the patient load for one employee only. I was trained as a back up phlebotomist but once my training was finished, I was not called for substitute work. They treated most employees like that.
El Camino is a very nice hospital in the Silicon Valley. I like working here, teamwork is great, staff are nice and abundant of supply to do my work. I love all the new technology used here. It makes the job easier. The place is super clean. It’s a great place to work after working here for 18 years.
I am fortunate to have a weekend shift with flexible timing so I can come whenever I please. The volunteer supervisor is extremely understanding and passionate about serving in the hospital.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I'm happy to my work with my co-worker, el Camino health is very good hospital, every one very hard worker, management are very great ,I like to work with all staff I'm work as a float .
Too much workload placed on RNs. 4B is the worse managed floor where you get offered no breaks and every help you ask is turned down. Screw you , ECH.
in the recent change in the lab management the phlebotomy manager is a show off. She does not have knowledge of how the phlebotomy team runs and id often just calling people to come in regardless of their home life. They do not particularly care about the phlebotomist and all they do is bring in half sandwiches to thank them. oh wow . There is no respect shown to the phlebotomy team. They are left to work short on multiple occasions with little help from the manager
Great staffing ratio. Great education opportunity. Felt valued as an employee. I enjoyed my time there. Loved all I worked with. Hated to leave, family illness prevented me from staying. Have often thought of going back.
Good benefits and vacation time

The opportunity to learn advanced technology paid travel expenses

Good interaction with the manager and an apportunity to learn new technology
good place to work with. great benefits and pay rate. Heloed me with me school tuition and offers union to its employees. Good hours of working and very convenient to my place
I really enjoyed working for El Camino Hospital. My co-workers were great and the hospital really took care of their employees,
I had to move and relocate, but I really enjoyed working there.
I love the doctors I work with but management needs to improve pay is great for the Bay Area don’t feel respected as a surgical technologist here management doesn’t back up all its employees only the nurses
Pros
Pay
Cons
El Camino hospital was everything you could ask for in working environment. The people were great. I was there before the hospital was rebuilt. I am sure there are many changes , that have been made since I left. All for the better.
Pros
Great people and work environment.
Cons
It's a stressful working environment as the manager is very micromanaged. It's a busy department but the manager doesn't value employee contribution and opinion since you're one of the many.
There is also no open communication between management and staff. It's the manager's way or no other ways. No "outside of the box" thinking encouragement as it's not what you're told to do. Very strict PTO and tardiness policy. You can't be 1 minute late more than twice in 6 months.

The morale is low. Everyone minds their own business but overall co-workers are really nice and helpful.
Pros
good benefit
Cons
Lots of meetings, you must live close as the commute is tough. There are some great people through out the facility and there is a sister hospital that depending on your position you may have to go in between.
It’s a fun job and very flexible working and the people are very friendly and nice the work environment is very comfortable but also fast paced good job while attending college
Pros
Good people, good work environment
Cons
Very picky bosses
All the team are so nice, they work us like a team, they help each other, working hard, in all the departments. Working in decontamination, sterilization, in assembling, casecart, storage sterilization.
Straight forward and interesting job with minimal supervision. Upper management was great...supportive and approachable. However, lower management "lead" was challenging. Favoritism was displayed from the lead in the department, many times she wasn't available, certain employees were micromanaged and approached with complains of small issues (ex: taking 16 minute breaks instead of 15). The lead and her favorite employee were allowed to take breaks and lunches as long as they chose to take.
El Camino Hospital is a safe-environment, friendly, teaching hospital willing to cross-train new employees, new grads, mentor students to help them prepare and excel on their career.
I am one of the lucky nurses who get to teach and train new grads, new employees.

In our unit, we take care of patient that are status pre and post cardiac like CABG, ablation, pacemaker, VATS, Heimlich valve placement, patients with chest tubes, on ventilator, tracheostomy, gastrostomy, jejunostomy feeding tubes, status pre and post medical patients as well.

One of the many things I like in our department is, we take turns on being charge nurses in doing so we can exercise our bedside nursing and I love that about how our manager making sure our knowledge will continuously exercise. As an employee, I love learning new skills, the hospital looks for ways to improve our skills.

One of the hardest part that I experienced is when I had to be the bearer of unfortunate news/results,especially looking at the eyes of your patient, patients families, their loved-ones and tell them bad news.

Enjoyable part is when patient/person gets to go home and b

hemodynamically stable. For me, that is one of the reason of my existence.
Great Pay and benefits. Management very cliquey. Very challenging to work with. Some coworkers with attitudes and if manager is a friend you can’t go to them for a change.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Camino Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4