El Camino Hospital Employee Reviews

Local hospital struggling to grow and build efficiently
Construction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 11, 2019
My role was to make sense of a large repository of all construction files in an attempt to assemble a master file that would be used on future remodeling projects. The client was very appreciative of the work product and I was happy to help them. It was very interesting to see the wide variety of construction trades work product and work quality.
great place to work for
EVS supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 19, 2018
I love this place, great hospital, best pay and benefits, positive work environment. and this place provides so much opportunities. hospital is very clean.
great place to work
Scrub Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 18, 2018
great place to work.
I learned a lot at this place. I would recommend to another person. El Camino is the best to work at. they take good care of the nurses.
Proud to work at El Camino Hospital
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 9, 2018
El Camino Hospital is a great place to work. It's a community not-for profit hospital driven by the constituents and the community members. This is one of the best places of employment that I've had. The compassion and collaboration and mutual respect between staff really show. The physicians are compassionate and are present for staff and patients. The workload at times can be very intense, like any hospital, but I enjoy the work that I do.
I’m had better days
Registration specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 17, 2018
Management needs iImprovement to better change the and fit the culture. Current culture will not change until nursing leadership. I wish I could say more free 10 years of work.
Pros
If your nurse you have a better advancement
Cons
No nursing it’s harder
Friendly work environment overall
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 16, 2018
The people you work with at this company are like a family. They really know how to make a newcomer feel comfortable and are willing to help you out when needed.
Great place
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 14, 2018
Great place to work for and they actually care about you as a person. Pays Great here. Mountain View is busy compared to Los Gatos. I would highly recommend to work here.
busy, fast paced
Administrative Assistant/Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 10, 2018
I worked here before the new hospital was built so I am not sure how the work flow is now. When I was there, my unit was known as transitional care. We would get patients that needed admission but weren;t quite diagnosed. I was an administrative toward the tail end so I did not do patient care but rather tmanagerial duties.
family oriented office
Lead Account Representative/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 9, 2018
very enjoyable workplace, caring people, management very supportive and always willing to learn new material. Employees willing to help one another and go the extra mile. Answering patients needs and concerns
Pros
relaxed environment, celebrating ones birthdays
Cons
not enough time in the day
Nutrition Services
Host - Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 1, 2018
As hosts, we take the order and deliver to Patients making sure the food that is delivered is compliant with their diet and allergies. We also interact with the Nurses and other staff by completing any order requisitions. We place orders thru the EPIC system, such as Late Requests, Food Preferences, and more.
Pros
Great pay, easy job
Cons
Workplace environment
Productive and supportive place to work. Team driven
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 14, 2018
Received assignment, check rooms,restock as needed and charge nurse did not overload one nurse. He/She equaled out our assignments and had Float Nurses to help with patient care and always had our breaks.
Pros
Great healthcare in Silicon Valley, pro-employee
Cons
Ok place to work, good benefits, but still a work in progress
EEG Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 13, 2018
Ok place to work, good benefits, but still a work in progress. The EEG dept. has some issues. No medical director and no epileptologist. EEG is attached to ECG so you'll find yourself doing a lot of ECGs.
Loved the Hospital, difficult manager
Health Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 26, 2018
Manager did not support a work/life balance. Often times weekends were required making it a 6 day work week. Manager was not flexible with work hours despite being a dependable employee.
Goog place to work.
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 19, 2018
I started working at El Camino since May 2010 . My Typacal daily duties are usually circulate, scrub and charge nurse 2-3 times a week.
I have learned different things specially when I am in charge . I've work with different nationality . The hardest part of my job is to make sure that my nurses and techs have their breaks before I do. The most enjoyable part of my Job is once the cases are all done.
I will recomend El Camino Hospital to my friends and my family.
Management Issues
Nutrition Services Host (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 16, 2018
When I was working there were a few lazy employees that seem to not be receiving disciplinary actions but if the diligent workers had to miss a few days for personal reasons they were given warnings and such. Management, needs/needed some work.
Cons
Great place to build on skills and knowledge
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 27, 2018
Competitive hospital, advanced practice and high standards of care. Employees are trained to provide quality care. The hospital uses best practice and always looking into improving the care provided to patients.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2018
Good place to work with friendly staff who help each other in the care of patients. Able to work flexible hours. Working every other weekends. Exceptional ER and Radiology Dept.
productive and fun work place
Social Worker, Sub Acute (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 15, 2018
Staff specially my supervisor were very professional and easy to work with them. Everybody were team player and supportive of each other. The work environment was intense and sometimes stressful but staff made it easy and by the end of the day goal was accomplished. the hardest part of the job was to say goodbye to patients by discharging them. The most enjoyable part of the job was
giving feedback to the families and staff gathering at lunch time and birthday celebrations.
great place to work
Healthcare IT (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 15, 2018
El Camino Hospital was a great experience. I enjoyed all the comradery within both the clinical and technical teams that I was able to be apart of. The union environment guaranteed adequate nursing ratios and fair wages.
Committed healthcare and ongoing improvements to existing infrastructure
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 14, 2018
-Professional work culture
-Knowledgeable peers and PMs
-Communication is vital in daily operations and management of projects
-Learning new things about history of existing buildings and its systems
-Juggling multiple activities while prioritizing
Pros
Affordable cafeteria food
Cons
Inadequate IT support at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Camino Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2