El Camino Hospital Employee Reviews

Ok place to work, good benefits, but still a work in progress
EEG Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 13, 2018
Ok place to work, good benefits, but still a work in progress. The EEG dept. has some issues. No medical director and no epileptologist. EEG is attached to ECG so you'll find yourself doing a lot of ECGs.
Loved the Hospital, difficult manager
Health Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 26, 2018
Manager did not support a work/life balance. Often times weekends were required making it a 6 day work week. Manager was not flexible with work hours despite being a dependable employee.
Goog place to work.
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 19, 2018
I started working at El Camino since May 2010 . My Typacal daily duties are usually circulate, scrub and charge nurse 2-3 times a week.
I have learned different things specially when I am in charge . I've work with different nationality . The hardest part of my job is to make sure that my nurses and techs have their breaks before I do. The most enjoyable part of my Job is once the cases are all done.
I will recomend El Camino Hospital to my friends and my family.
Management Issues
Nutrition Services Host (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 16, 2018
When I was working there were a few lazy employees that seem to not be receiving disciplinary actions but if the diligent workers had to miss a few days for personal reasons they were given warnings and such. Management, needs/needed some work.
Cons
Great place to build on skills and knowledge
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 27, 2018
Competitive hospital, advanced practice and high standards of care. Employees are trained to provide quality care. The hospital uses best practice and always looking into improving the care provided to patients.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2018
Good place to work with friendly staff who help each other in the care of patients. Able to work flexible hours. Working every other weekends. Exceptional ER and Radiology Dept.
productive and fun work place
Social Worker, Sub Acute (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 15, 2018
Staff specially my supervisor were very professional and easy to work with them. Everybody were team player and supportive of each other. The work environment was intense and sometimes stressful but staff made it easy and by the end of the day goal was accomplished. the hardest part of the job was to say goodbye to patients by discharging them. The most enjoyable part of the job was
giving feedback to the families and staff gathering at lunch time and birthday celebrations.
great place to work
Healthcare IT (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 15, 2018
El Camino Hospital was a great experience. I enjoyed all the comradery within both the clinical and technical teams that I was able to be apart of. The union environment guaranteed adequate nursing ratios and fair wages.
Committed healthcare and ongoing improvements to existing infrastructure
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 14, 2018
-Professional work culture
-Knowledgeable peers and PMs
-Communication is vital in daily operations and management of projects
-Learning new things about history of existing buildings and its systems
-Juggling multiple activities while prioritizing
Pros
Affordable cafeteria food
Cons
Inadequate IT support at times
Best employer I've ever had and loved it with all within me
Supervisor of Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 22, 2018
If given the opportunity to go back to this hospital I would without a doubt. Everything about this company was well over it's expectations. Trained and learned so much from knowledgeable people.
Magna Hospital with high level of professionalism and strong, collaborative, team effort.
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 21, 2018
A very supportive, positive work place environment. People are encouraged to continue their education. It's an ER, so the work environment is very fluid. We could have a slow period where people are joking around as we restock and finish up charting and suddenly switch into a very serious, fast paced mode. The best part and worst part of this job are connected. It is emotionally and physically demanding. Tough cases with positives outcomes help reinforce what we do. But there are those bad days that can really be tough on you. It's almost guaranteed that you will learn something new every day you work on the floor and be faced with at least one unique situation that forces you to think out of the box and collaborate as a team to resolve.
Pros
Powerful human experiences.
Cons
Can be stressful.
Competitive pay, technologically advanced, great upward mobility.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 20, 2018
El Camino is a forward thinking hospital that stresses teamwork using culturally competent and holistic theories to serve a diverse community.

Management in my department was fair and followed policies and procedures. There are ways to communicate issues with human resources and unions to be a part of for bargaining. The vacation hours accrue generously and only get better at you attain more tenure.
Very fast-pace facility
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAMarch 20, 2018
Understaffed and extremely stressful while hazardous to your health. One person provides the job intended for three workers.
It is a challenge to run to multiple departments at once when you are by yourself and they want you now.
Pros
Located at three minute drive from home
Cons
Very short breaks, understaffed, very busy and heavy workload
Self supervised
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAMarch 19, 2018
As a operator working the mid shift I was able to manage the call center for the support of the hospital. strong computer skills. Very respectful of exterior environment.
Pros
Local Community
Cons
needed more operators
Not a healthy place to work
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 16, 2018
The case management department is disorganized with a director who does not know how to direct or lead the department.

The department is not cohesive at all and lacks support.
An enjoyable place to work
Physician Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I have had a great experience working at El Camino Hospital. The physicians are great; the culture is positive, the FOOD IS FANTASTIC. There is not other hospital like it.
Nurse oriented environment
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Great place to work. Organization very supportive of nursing autonomy. Doctors are awesome to work with. Patients can be slightly snobbish. Overall, great management and great coworkers.
People are great but managers don’t care about there workers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 8, 2018
It’s all about how much money the company can make
Company doesn’t care about there employees they work you to the ground .your supervisor are not professional they talk to your coworkers about you saying they’re not gonna give you a good recommendation Supervisors give you attitude if you call in sick or if you can do overtime.too much gossip from supervisors .there are always getting new directors or CEOs they waste a lot of money on repairing things that do not need fixing .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Exciting work in a great hospital setting
Behavioral Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 17, 2018
If you enjoy the hospital setting this would be an outstanding hospital to expand your career. The level of experience gained will be beneficial to you no matter where you decide to go next.
nice
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 13, 2018
nice place to work, current travel nurse and Provide companionship and emotional support to the elderly; maintain the privacy and comfort of patients; transport clients to doctors’ offices, hospitals and groceries; provide explanations of care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Camino Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

El Camino Hospital Reviews by Location