El Camino Hospital Pay & Benefits reviews

CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2018
Good place to work with friendly staff who help each other in the care of patients. Able to work flexible hours. Working every other weekends. Exceptional ER and Radiology Dept.
People are great but managers don’t care about there workers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 8, 2018
It’s all about how much money the company can make
Company doesn’t care about there employees they work you to the ground .your supervisor are not professional they talk to your coworkers about you saying they’re not gonna give you a good recommendation Supervisors give you attitude if you call in sick or if you can do overtime.too much gossip from supervisors .there are always getting new directors or CEOs they waste a lot of money on repairing things that do not need fixing .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 19, 2017
Do Camino is a great place to work. The people are friendly and management is great. Compensation is at the top. Benefits are wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Commute
Worked as an intern during my externship.
Phlebotomy Technician / EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 2, 2017
Nice place to work. Has decent pay scales and well established work place procedures. Convenient shifts and working hours. Professional and experienced staff.
Not a nice work enviroment.
Central Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 14, 2017
Foolish and irresponsible budget cuts marginal to insufficient staffing people being denied vacation on a routine basis due to insufficient staffing. Some cuts result in an unsafe work environment. They like to use Per Diem as full timers so they don't owe benifits. Some departments better than others
Pros
Good benifits if your full time
Productive workplace
Clinical Manager of Interventional Services (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 7, 2017
problematic and poor work culture. Management not open for change ideas. Great benefits. most management positions lack the specific clinical knowledge.
Nurses Heaven!
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 6, 2017
An amazing place to be if you are a nurse. Do not get me wrong, this hospital is very strict and conservative but it is for a good reason. Patient safety and satisfaction is the heart of this hospital, and it's very rewarding to practice nursing in this hospital. The pay is very competitive, one of the highest in the US. Benefits and retirement is great as well. A place you can spend the rest of you career and get the opportunity to grow. Not so much politics compared to other hospitals in the bay area. It's either you deserve it or you don't. Very straight forward, they compensate your performance and excellence at work. It's not who you know, it's how you work.
Poor department leadership
Biomed Journeyman Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount View, WIJuly 10, 2017
As the saying goes, "people don't leave jobs because of the job, they leave because of poor management." The Director of Clinical Engineering had a pension for "Lying" , which put the staff in tough predicaments and having to cover up the lies. The hospital itself is a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly knowledgeable staff, great benefits, good pay
Cons
Poor management, no exit interviews
Program Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJune 7, 2017
El Camino hires the best and expects high quality work. I have worked both in the inpatient and outpatient setting and there is consistency amongst the organization. If you're a hard worker you will be successful here.
Pros
Great benefits, supportive coworkers
Cons
high expectations
Fast-moving workplace
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAMarch 29, 2017
At times can be overwhelming. Hours are variable, with occasional overtime available but also occasionally being called off for lack of caseload. Pay is average.
Best. Ever. Hospital !!!
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 19, 2017
EL CAMINO by far epitomizes how the Nurses should be treated. El Camino understands that there is a life outside the nursing profession and accommodates whenever possible each individual's needs. The nurses are all super professionals, congenial, team-players, and become family. In my 34 years as a nurse, El Camino tops the list for the BEST workplace for nurses !!!!!
Pros
Great Cafeteria food, Excellent Benefits and Bonuses
Cons
One must get accustomed to the diversity in customs, expectations, and reactions from the clientele.
Great Pay and Balanced Worklife
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount View, WIFebruary 5, 2017
Nice people, flexible hours not a lot stress. Easy to learn tasks as not much progression in terms of software and procedures.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Not much growth opportunities
best job i ever had stolen right out from under me
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 3, 2016
The hospital was great my manager was spineless and shallow and would rather side with the Dr she knew was wrong rather then do the right thing ...truley pathetic..at least she still has her job
Pros
great benefits and co-workers
Cons
union steward completely incompetant and inexperienced
Great benefits!
Office admin (Current Employee) –  Mountain ViewJuly 28, 2015
I cannot say a bad thing about the benefits. What's better than free right?

I had the opportunity to work with people from all departments. Everyone is into collaboration and doing the right thing. However, sometimes politics and funding get in the way of doing the right thing. My co-workers were the best and they were always very collaborative and a joy to work with.

The hardest thing about the job is not getting enough support for professional development and the most enjoyable part was the collaborative culture of the staff.
Benefits
Cons
Politics
Overall, a good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ancillary DepartmentJune 6, 2015
This is a great employer with an enjoyable at-work culture. The compensation is above average for the industry. Fellow workers and clients are outstanding.
Great place to work, great coworkers, good morale.
Registered Nurse - Transitional Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 20, 2015
I worked 12 hour shifts from 7PM - 7AM. It was a very busy unit. Once you made initial rounds, then you start "putting out the fires", so to speak. Everyone worked independently but were always available if you needed help. Learned a lot about high tech monitoring, we became a certified chest pain center as well as a stroke center. The education for that was daunting but management would do anything to help you get it done by scheduled deadlines - they were very supportive. For myself, the hardest part of the job was time management during the last 1-2 hours of the shift. That's always been a weak point of mine, but I got better at it. Honestly the most enjoyable part of the job was just being there. You always have frighteningly busy nights which could wreak havoc on morale and your ability to problem solve properly. Our shift got along very well. No matter how difficult the night was, at some point, we made time to laugh about any number of things. It was amazing to note that just those few minutes (VERY few minutes) that we took to do that had a very positive impact on how we were able to end our shift.
Living in Florida now, it's too bad the commute is so far. El Camino Hospital remains my favorite out of all of the places I have worked over my career.
Pros
The coworkers, only 3 12-hour shifts/week, great benefits and management support.
El Cemino Hospital is an excellent place to work it's just that the Step Down Unit was just not a good fit for me
Step Down Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 31, 2014
The unit I worked on was pretty specialized, A typical day involved taking care of someone who had a cardiac stent placed and needed post-op care, monitoring.
Pros
learned cardiac care, had good benefits and pay
Cons
not a good fit for me
Team and family oriented work experience.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 17, 2014
Working with the professionals at El Camino Hospital has been one of the best work experiences since my time spent with Disney. The team spirit among my peers and others from the many departments all share the same mission goal, the best quality care we can provide for our patients. The work is hard and requires the best to create and maintain the highest level of quality care, the many teams I have the privilege of working with, from my fellow CNA's to the RN's and managers make my day as an enjoyable day possible. There isn't anything easy about acute patient care, we are dependent upon for every task under taken, I look forward to meeting these tasks with my skill and experience so that whatever is happening is carried out flawlessly and effortlessly as possible.
Pros
The level of pay, and healthcare benefits provided
Cons
We can be so busy, that the day has passed by without any time for a break.
All Trades now how to do there job right the first time
Inspector liaison (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 4, 2013
Long day walking 5miles each day,QC work for framimg,how to work with all trades.lot of trades overseeing jobsite,lot of guy's to watch.helping guy's to get a long.2yr long
Pros
top pay
Cons
lot of overtime
No opportunity for career advancement
Laboratory Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 6, 2012
El Camino has great staff, but does not have any room for career growth. They do have good tuition reimbursement but trying to move into another position once you have completed your education is impossible. Not very bright of them to invest thousands of dollars in their employees and then have them leave because they won't give them an opportunity to move into higher positions...
Pros
great staff, good education benefits
Cons
no opportunity for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Camino Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

El Camino Hospital Reviews by Location