El Dorado Furniture Employee Reviews

Showing all 42 reviews
Sort by: Helpfulness | Rating | Date
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
A very successful Family Corp trying to be Corporate America
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2018
Family owned but trying to grow without delegating responsibilities and power to employees.
Too much micro management and very limited capacity to make your own decisions. They need to trust more in their employees.At least in their management. They should focus in the issues where they are loosing money not in the little ones where they should leave up to their management to control.
Pros
Family ambiance
Cons
Tight micro management
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Ambiente de trabajo agradable, en general. Todos con una energía excelente de trabajo. Pero algunos cosas hacia los empleados no son muy responsables
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2018
La empresa es buena, pero sus métodos de trabajo en cuanto a horario, es muy inestable.
No permite tener una vida social o de pareja algunas necesidades que tenemos hay que estarlas comunicando varias veces para que no pase desapercibida.
Pros
Seguro médico, vacaciones y feriados pagos, descuento de empleado y oportunidad de crecer en la empresa
Cons
No hay un horario fijo para vida personal los horarios son muy inestables
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
productive and fun place to work
FL./ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 20, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Stores are kept beautifully. A typical day at work was exciting. The associate training for one month was excellent.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
too long working hrs.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2018
Good company to work for you can make good money if you work hard and the pay paln is very very good , but you most be able to work more then 40 hours
Pros
Long hours, Weekends .
Cons
Good pay plan
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
1.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Bad management, no chance for growth
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 16, 2018
Bad management, no insentives, treated employees poorly, I stayed for so long because it was close to my house and the afternoon shift was convinient with my school schedule at the time.
Pros
they take you to Disney world for free for 1 day
Cons
no room for growth within the company since it is family operated
Was this review helpful?Yes 4NoReport
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Ambiente de trabajo stresante
Head skeeping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Mi trabajo me gustaba muchísimo , aprendí hacer IST , a leerlos , a saber el significado de los apuntes que tienen las cajas por fuera lo que significan , también como decorar los muebles según su estilo y con el transcurso de los años fui aprendiendo de las mercancías de sus fabricantes y cómo dirigir un equipo de trabajo
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
2.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
No es un trabajo seguro
Tapicero (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLDecember 4, 2017
Esta compañia tiene buenos beneficios para el trabajador como 6 feriados horas personales y de enfermedad vacaciones pagadas
Pero no es un trabajo seguro despide constantemente a los empleados no es la compañia que se pueda decir voy a estar aqui hasta la juvilacion siempre tienes el temor de ser el proccimo despedido
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Nice place
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Very good company recommend to any friend super good bemebfit and very useful for experience thank you so much for the experience. Flexible hours and schedule.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Excelente compañia y lugar para trabajar y buscar empleo
Sales Support Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLJuly 19, 2017
Es una excelente compañia, toma muy en cuenta las necesidades de sus empleados. Una compañia muy buena para trabajar o buscar empleo.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 3Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Buen ambiente, profesionalidad y calidad de producto
Professional Home Furnishings Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2017
Challenging environment.
Challenging activity
Great interaction with customers
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
no weekends off
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Will work if you're willing to work for it.
Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 14, 2017
If applying for retail position and are not familiar with retail industry, do your research regarding working hours. If applying for a Corporate Position, hours are simpler. Local business, small community, good environment. Expanding slowly, but surely.
Pros
Paid vacation, 401K, and some paid holidays.
Cons
Expensive healthcare for family members.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 1Report
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 30, 2017
Furniture sales, good traffic, stock items, good advertising, good quality, the showroom always is pretty busy, A lot of clients, This is a company well know for the quality of the furniture,
Pros
Health insuranse
Cons
Schedule
Was this review helpful?Yes 3NoReport
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Ambiente agradable
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMarch 20, 2017
Les recomiendo aplicar a esta empresa,tuve una experiencia muy agradable.
Was this review helpful?YesNo 2Report
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Very good company
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 17, 2017
My first job, I learned a lot there, they valued your work, never mistreat you. Offer seminars to improve your knowledge and offer many opportunities to grow within the company. Totally recommend.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Long hours, no guaranteed pay
Professional Home Furnishings Associate (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Working for El Dorado has been an experience like no other. WHen the days were good, they were good. But when they are bad, they are truly that. This is a 100% commission company, which of course I knew when I started, however, I never imagined that it would go the way it did. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting so many amazing customers and helping them make their home look exactly the way they envision it. But, the most challenging part of the job has to be not knowing when the next sale will walk through the door and not being able to plan your paycheck because it is different every pay period.
Was this review helpful?Yes 4NoReport
3.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Need to update office equipment in order to be able to handle effectively the volume of work.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  corporate office,flJanuary 10, 2017
Not much to say.Sorry but I do not want to do this. Thank you!
This is very uncomfortable. And I just do not want to do it, but if I do not I cannot continue.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 2Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
My Co-workers
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  4200 nw 167th street Miami fl 33054January 5, 2017
My Co-workers & Owners of this company make you feel right at home , treat you with respect and professional you feel like you have a family
Pros
Stable company, Great Benefits
Cons
Short evaluations, Salary limits
Was this review helpful?Yes 2No 1Report
5.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Family Oriented
Media Advertising Coordinator- Full Time (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Always busy
Learn new and exciting things
Management OK
Co-workers are excellent in just about every department
The hardest part of the job is to work during the most important Holidays, although you work in the corporate office, I can understand that the stores and warehouses being busy, but not the corporate.
Pros
They treat you like family
Cons
you have to work on all Mayor Holidays although you're in corporate office
Was this review helpful?Yes 1No 1Report
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
was to fast
Porter/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLNovember 3, 2016
I tried to work fast there but the upper management didn't think I worked fast enough, forced me to resigned, but I was great at doing janitorial work
Was this review helpful?Yes 4NoReport
4.0
Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
If you work long hours, you can make a decent leaving
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 16, 2016
My work experience has bein a good one, taking in consideration this as my first job in sales.
I like that every day is different from the previous, and you get to talk with very interesting people and other not so much,

Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Burocracy
Was this review helpful?Yes 2NoReport
Claim this company page

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Dorado Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

3.7
Based on 42 reviews
514
411
38
28
11

Ratings by category

3.1Work/Life Balance
3.5Compensation/Benefits
3.5Job Security/Advancement
3.4Management
3.7Culture