El Paso Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

the hardest part of the job
Registered Nurse Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 12, 2018
We do not get paid as much as other hospitals and the unit I work in is very demanding and care more about having the unit staffed then actually keeping the staff happy
Patient Access Associate / Insurance Verifier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Productive, challenging, different every day, different cases everyday
excellent co-workers, sad at times due to our oncology patients. but overall a wonderful place to work
Fun and exciting was a new facility at the time
RN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79905December 26, 2017
Enjoyed taking care of children and the hospital was new so very challenging and excited. Many new Doctors and services came into El Paso because of this being the first all children's hospital in El Paso.
SPD Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 16, 2017
Hospital had many financial problems making it difficult to obtain supplies needed to preform job. nice staff and physicians. Good food and good bennifits.
Get place to work. Manager great.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 27, 2017
I actually enjoy working at El Paso Childrens Hospital. Demands and changes are constant. I have an awesome manager. El Paso Childrens Hosp has never really gotten off the ground. Still in the Red. Therefore in the last five years we as employees have only rec'd one raise. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my regular patients. Patients that been coming in since day one.
Place that has potential
RN/ Infection Control Practitioner (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 14, 2017
This hospital by far has a great mission, to serve the communities pediatric population in a 250 mile radius. Once the hospital has a well established senior leadership team, I'm sure this place will grow to be an ideal place to work.
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 4, 2017
is a beatufil place to work, awesome work environment, not the better salary but a great feeling of being part of it.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low salary and very slow promotion to new positions
Team work a must in the NICU
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TexasAugust 31, 2017
Have enjoyed working here the culture is one of a team working together for the benefit of the smallest patients and their families. The Neonatologist appreciates your knowledge and input as part of the team.
Pros
team approach
Cons
no raises in the last 5 years
Volunteer Experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 22, 2017
Volunteering at Childrens Hospital is honestly a blessing. They are friendly to work with and you get experience in different areas of the hospital. :)
ekg tech
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 7, 2017
worked with children and did ekg testing on them send the results to doctors was a portable ekg machine so i would take my work with me and work mostly with children.
A great place to be a nurse.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2017
Superb 7/24 medical support. Physicians are up to date on latest advances in treatment and technology and are accessible and friendly. Culturally, a strong commitment to the health and happiness of the children and their families. I really feel like I get to be a nurse, not just a chart stuffer. Many educational opportunities within the system. Benefit package,while not perfect, is better than most by a
good league.
Pros
Amazing medical staff.
Cons
Gets a little slow, sometimes.
Observation
Observer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I observed an Occupational Therapist for 40 hours. I enjoyed that I was asked my opinion on what to incorporate in patient session. I was also asked to interact with the patients during the session. Overall this experience was enjoyable and educational.
Great Place to work at!!
Health Unit Coordinator ER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Learned many thing in the ER, Nurses are great with the kiddos!! they al willing to teach if you want to learn. Great environment!!
very good work environment
Nursing Assistant ER Dept (Former Employee) –  4845 Alameda Ave, El Paso, TXJuly 6, 2016
very Awesome work place I really love working with the kiddos and most of all the nurses where very helpful and worked as a team !
Good Hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 31, 2016
Very friendly staff, good ethics, good benefits. In the short time that I was there I learned a lot about childrens illnesses and their treatment Enjoyed working with the pathologists and all the laboratory staff.
Great Place to Work
nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 20, 2015
If you are dedicated to helping children get better, this is the place for you. They are busy and there is much work to do, but it is satisfying because it is for the kids.
Pros
Kid and Family Friendly Environment
Cons
Need more leadership
N/a
Staff Nurse at the Pediatrics Unit (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2015
Enjoy working with co-staff but management is not supportive with staff. Decent amount of red tapes and politics. Encouraging staff to grow educationally by providing free seminars and tuition reimbursement.
fun fast place to work! if you speak spanish
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 31, 2015
nice place to work! it was a language bearer for me! they made it very hard for me working there! it was mostly Spanish speakers there
Pros
you can learn alot! if willing to be pushed around from place to place
Cons
You have to speak spanish to work here
love working with children, Management of the facility is poor, low morale, terrible pay
Perioperative Services Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2015
Working with children has offered me more than I could ever imagine, but this hospital has very poor pay rates compared to others in town, very poorly staffed and frequently overworked.
Emotional Rewarding Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 16, 2015
My experience at El Paso Children's has been a beautiful informative
journey. Everyday I step into this hospital I am greeted with a smile. The employees I work with are professional and very knowledgable.
The hardest part of my job is seeing sick children struggling to live a healthy life.The childrens will to live is what motivates me to do the best and be the best at my job.
benefits
Cons
hourly wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Paso Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

El Paso Children's Hospital Reviews by Location