El Paso Electric Employee Reviews

Great experience
System Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 17, 2018
It is a great company to work for who for the most part value their employees. They offer a great benefits package for all the employees and a 401k plan.
Pros
The Schedule
Cons
Lack of career progression
Okay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 14, 2018
Was a good company to work for, but it is really dependent on the leadership. There are times leadership was in place that was not supportive of employees and always looked outside the company for positions that could have been filled by current employees.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 19, 2018
Multitasking when assisting the customer and making sure their account is ready and set. Making sure to always assist customers when outages occur and call Dispatch for help to go
Pros
Flexible
Cons
N/a
Vital service industry that cares for its people
Regulatory Case Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79901March 27, 2018
Work assignments are varied and typically follow a "what did we do last time" approach. Changing regulations from three different regulatory bodies and a customer base that is never happy can weigh on an employee, but management takes into consideration the "moving target" dilemma and treats its people well. Co-workers develop friendly relationships within their respective business units and foster a strong teamwork culture.
Pros
Good benefits and working conditions
Cons
Customer base and regulatory overseers are never happy
Very productive place to be at, many learning opportunities and great people.
Accounts Payable Clerk-Senior (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 9, 2018
El Paso Electric is a great place to work at. Safety is their number one priority. Great benefits and great people to work with. There's always something new to learn to expand your horizon. Working as a team and being a team player is a great quality to possess because working cohesively with each other is an everyday thing here and I love that. No one is left behind or struggling on a project for example. Dependable co-workers. I learned different aspects of the company and interesting to know how everything ties in together. I love being around my co-workers, they make everyday enjoyable even when there's so much responsibilities to handle in a day.
Pros
access to a cafertiera in the building, company holidays luncheons, yearly bonus, job opportunities.
N/a
Lineman Apprentice (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I learned how electricity is dangerous and how it needs to be treated with respect. Safety was a big deal at El Paso Electric Company. This means that safety was first.
Productive place to work.
Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 7, 2017
Constantly learning, opportunity to excel. Great environment. An awesome opportunity. Takes care of their staff. Very involved with one another, family oriented, and understanding team.
Benefits
Work environment is excellent
Billing Consultant / CSR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 4, 2017
My years at El Paso Electric Company were the best years of employment. This company has such great opportunities for those that seek it and not only are Theresa reputable company the services they provide to customers are fantastic.
Excellent place to work when raising a familly. Secure job.
Principal Transmission Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 3, 2017
Really good company to work for. Support systems are great. Co-workers are willing to help/lend a hand as needed. Takes a long time to receive industry level pay.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Pay below industry
Productive and a fun place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The typical work day at El Paso Electric brings a new set of challenges every day. It is a fun and exciting place to work at the teamwork environment is felt throughout the entire company.
Pros
A Great Place to work
Cons
Management made poor decisions, supervisors had favorites
Central Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2017
El Paso Electric Company was an okay place to work. I feel upper management made poor decisions regarding their employees. Did not protect employees or look out for their best interest. Only wanted a story
Pros
working independently (outside the establishment)
Cons
upper management, pay wages
Working there was good and times fun.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 3, 2017
A typical day at work was taking the call from customers and helping them with there accounts. We also took service orders for new service, disconnect service. I was very helpful with my customers and helped them to answer there questions then or ,I would call them later. Management was good but sometimes they wanted more and yet , I was doing the Best too help them. I even got some customers called to say they were very happy with my help and friendly. I really enjoyed the coworkers with me. I would not mind work there again but in a different department.
Pros
only free lunch was Holidys and going away employs
Cons
Breaks were15, mins and 1hrs lunch
Great Learning Experoence
Intern (Current Employee) –  East DocMay 24, 2017
As an intern, a typical day consisted of reviewing drawings, visiting construction sites and assisting Substation Engineers as needed. It was my first job in a "Professional Environment" and I had a great learning experience.
Pros
Exposure to new environment, hands on training, application of academic knowledge
Cons
Limited hours, no health care benifits
Great company, but this particular project was tough.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 19, 2017
I started working for UDC a few days after I graduated from college. Management is great, and I work outside 98% of the time. I started off in Southern California close to family and in beautiful areas. I just recently accepted a temporary assignment for a four month project in El Paso. This project deals with traveling through tough terrain and having to stay in motels in extremely small towns in Texas and New Mexico, so the living situation was not ideal, and the working conditions were tough being in the middle of nowhere. I do enjoy working for this company, but I would not accept a project like this one again.
Pros
Work outside, great management
Cons
Can get stuck in cheap motels in small towns
Productivity and Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2016
Awesome people. No one uses their title to anyone. Always refer to each other by names and acknowledge each other with consistency. An enjoyable part of the job is knowing what everyone does within the company and how they play an important role to our community.
Pros
Environment.
Cons
Very high demanding qualifications needed when applying. But once you get your foot into the door, life will change!
Great place for professional development
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 29, 2016
Great place to work and for professional development.
Great benefits, professional personal
Employee oriented.
Great management team
Lot of fun activities for the employees
Very oriented to assist the community
Pros
Great benefits
Excellent
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company because they provided excellent on-going training and education. In addition, they were very flexible with my school schedule. They encouraged me to continue my Master in Accounting. The core value system is a strategic platform structure that provides guidance to excellence performance and knowledge
Na
CTO/OTO Package (Former Employee) –  Sunland Park, NMJune 23, 2015
A great place to work. Everyone took pride in their work. The weather was the hardest part of my job and the location was the most enjoyable part.
Great job culture and great work experience
Substation Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TxMay 11, 2015
A typical day at work begins with AutoCAD working on designs for Greenfield Substations as well as expansions for brownfield substations. A typical day is not very typical since you can be pulled in many different directions with the multiple projects the engineer has on-going.
As a Substation Engineering Intern, your task is to work closely with the Substation Engineers and assist them in any way possible. Your tasks can vary from anything to designing, buying material, helping with standards, substation visits, as well as being assigned your own projects.
Going into the internship, I had no power systems background, with the internship I believe I have learned the basics of power systems and more. Being exposed to substations and a professional work environment, I feel that not only have I learned the technical aspects of the work, but I fell I have learned how to approach a task and ensure it will be done as efficiently as possible. I feel what I have learned is the professional work experience that no school can teach you.
The hardest part of the job which is also the most enjoyable is that we have so many projects and so many deadlines that we have to meet, that you won't be working on the same project everyday for a month or more. Maybe you will be giving a certain project all your attention for a day maybe two days maximum, but with the nature of the job, it doesn't allow you to do that more than that. More often you will find yourself working on a particular project for 2-3 hours maybe and being pulled away from that project due to the fact that you have other projects
  more... that require your attention. I believe this is the most enjoyable part because you never get bored and you are always exposed to something new every day. Being able to learn something new every single day on the job is something I am truly enjoying about the position.  less
Pros
Co-Workers are willing to help, the job culture, Relationship between all departments, Work Experience and Projects
Cons
Long Hours, On-Call Responsibilites
company to retire from
Meter Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 18, 2015
Lots of knowledge to intake, safety extremely high. great job with fun people and lax environment. day goes by quick if paying attention and being proactive.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
strict on safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Paso Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3