El Pollo Loco Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive fast and fast paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 17, 2018
El Pollo Loco, was a great job opportunity to work with other people. I learned to be efficiently productive while being under management. Also, I learned about sanitation and food management.
It is a good job to have
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that are very kind and nice ,they make your day a whole lot better. It’s really not that hard but sometimes you get rude people and it makes your day bad in my opinion because you just don’t want to deal with those type of people. I learn many things ,when I first started I didn’t know how to memorize many things at once and now I do. I learned a little about managing and making food that we sell. I learned a little about everything .
Pros
Discounts for food
Cons
No healthcare, pay vacation, pay overtime, not a consistent schedule, no raise
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 14, 2018
This is a good place to start off working because you learn what it is like to work with customers as well as work with money and a team. Here you really learn how to multitask because you are to attend the customers, pass out food, and fill and clean the salsa bar, but it really sharpens your skills.
Cashier/ crew member (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2018
It was nice working there it has a good staff they are very helpful and always down to help you with any questions and they take very serious the costumer satisfactory
Quick & Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 11, 2018
Since this position is in the fast food industry, it really requires you to be prepared for rush hours. It's also important to work with your coworkers to get the job done.
Pros
free lunch!
ehh
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2018
A typical day at work was busy and quick passed. I would typically work closing shifts for the weekend and it was ALWAYS busy! The main manager and assistant manager did their job properly but the shift leader was lazy and wouldnt help out.
It has a good environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 9, 2018
I love my job and the people I work with, but I feel like it’s time to expand my work experience and enter another field. I’m ready to work in a new enviroment.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Productive work place
Cash Register (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 8, 2018
A typical day at El Polo Loco was fast paced. I learned how to work and collaborate with others, time management, and customer service. The afternoons would always get really busy, that would most definitely be the hardest part of the day. The job was most definitely enjoyable, unfortunately I wish the lunch we got was free and we did not have to pay for it.
Quick pace and a lot of packaging
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 8, 2018
Very quick pace. A lot of restrictions and it’s very competitive. The management could be better. The salary is good and there is a lot of packaging during work hours.
Pros
50% off lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Good job to get by
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 7, 2018
Typically easy job. Management guides you into your position, most crew members easy to get along with. Customers can be terrible but you have to get by
Pros
Free lunches for managers, discounted lunches for crew members
Cons
Short breaks
Great job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 7, 2018
Excellent place to work at, especially for teens. Great opportunities to move up in the company as I have. Flexible hours. I enjoy working in a fast passed environment. There is always opportunities to learn more.
if you are desperate
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 7, 2018
Management were poor trainers and negative toward employees. Everyone kept quitting. Customers were HORRIBLE and condescending.I would never work here again.
Cons
management
Amazing first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAJuly 5, 2018
Anyone who is eager to join the work force or simply trying to get a job after a hiatus. this is the place you want to be. Amazing for beginners and easy to pick up on
flexible hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 3, 2018
poor work environment hours are good, training is terrible, you won't get a raise, stressful, underpaid and overworked workers. Sometimes breaks would be cut short because it gets busy. There are never enough workers on a shift to make things run smoothly
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
breaks cut short sometimes
great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
the management here is pretty cool. of course like every other resturant job everyone knows each other pretty well. it has that family feel. in which i think is the best part
Fast phase at all times
Cashier/ Food prep (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 3, 2018
Co workers were chill and nice, the job was stressful during rush hours. No benefits, no direct deposit, low pay rate. Good for beginners or people with no job experience, this will get you to be a fast worker.
Un organize
Cook (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 2, 2018
Always shorthanded! Had to go that extra mile beyond my other job duties has well. The hardest part of the job was being shorthanded when you get that firsted pop
Awsome evnviorement very culture in they authenticity el pollo loco gives
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
EPL was an awsome experience I have learn alot from the company and very greatful to have been apart of the team. Although i believe im ready to take on greater challenges and it will be more offering for myself and the company.
Pros
Discounts on meals and team reconginition
Cons
Not many benefits to offer
Fast paced work environment that pays off with a nice wage
Food Assembler (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 27, 2018
El Pollo Loco was a very fast paced work environment. The job was very teamwork friendly and collaboritve-based. Though at times the rush of customers was intense, ity overall is a nice job.
Great working enviorment great co workers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 23, 2018
Great working environment great coworkers fair management good pay provide uniform alot of oportunity for advances within the company and in corporate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Pollo Loco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight