El Super Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 15, 2019
Don't expect 2 days off workin here.. You Will work 6 days a week and not even get 40 hours. You get paid minimum wage to start and if your lucky u will get a raise in 6.months. They expect you to have no life outside of work
Pros
Paid weekly beautiful customers
Cons
6 days a week no weekends off
Great people to work with, very flexible.
Cashier/ Team Member (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAMarch 5, 2019
I was able to adjust very easily to el super due to the great manager I had, everyone was very helpful and friendly. Over all full store employees are very welcoming
Pros
People
Terrible management
courteous and helpful customer service (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 4, 2019
If you want to feel miserable every single day, this is the job for you. The management is terrible and some employees there are racist/homophobic. You do not get a raise unless it is mandatory by the union. They don't care if you need time off for valid reasons and will be extremely passive aggressive. A typical day at work would be your manager pressuring you and humiliating you. I learned how terrible that company is. The management? not good, you can tell they don't know how to do their job. The workplace culture is fine if you're comfortable with people being openly hateful (which I am not) to people due to their appearance and race. The hardest part of the job is how passive aggressive the management is. The most enjoyable part is clocking out and later quitting because you realize just how miserable you are.
Pros
good hours
Bad job
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Always understaffed and very unprofessional co workers. They are very disrespectful. Other co workers on the meat department have no motive and therefore makes the job hard.
Pros
Cons
Late lunches as a result of being understaffed
Busy store always have something to do
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2019
El super, is a busy store were you have to multi task in a fast paced work flow. El super has good deals were its affordable to buy your groceries Also el super provides a restaurant were food is ready to go, were you take your family to have breakfast, lunch and dinner as a family time. Also the environment working at, El super is friendly and care for customer service highly provided.
Pros
Employers get discount
Cons
Very strick director
Worst job I ever had
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 8, 2019
I only worked here a couple months I always had the closing shift which never gave me time for family as my husband worked in the morning and my son was at school til 2:40 I had to be at work at 3:00pm i would always get home by 11:30-12:00am if not later. No benefits. Always got called in on my days off. Never got the weekend off unless requested (several times because I would still get scheduled) . Time went by fast because it was always busy during holidays or new specials weekly.
Pros
Paid weekly, 40 hrs+
Cons
No benefits, no work/life balance
My experiance at El super was pretty cool .
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 6, 2019
My overall experience an El super was nice . There might have been some bumps on the road but the day always turned put fine .i wouldnt have left my job there if i dixnt have to relocte .
Pros
Reasonable lunch time. Friendly enviorment
Cons
Some rude customers
Ambiente de trabajo masomenos
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  National City, CAFebruary 5, 2019
fijarse bien en sus horas que trabajan y que no les vean la cara
Productive a fun with co workers while everyone doing their job
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2019
Imi had a pretty good role making bolillo but i was expected to produce more than what i could and i needed help from my manager. I have ti say thatvoverall the people i was working with were really friendly and welcoming.
Easy to adapt
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
Didn't enjoy my schedule
Don’t apply unless you don’t have a better option
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arleta, CAJanuary 20, 2019
The management for cashiers is really bad. You have managers that bully you into doing overtime. Also you aren’t told in advanced that you’ll have to stay overtime. Not until you finally ask what time you’re out. When you try to call in for work because you’re sick the store director is a jerk. He offends you and will ask you personal questions. The management at this job doesn’t care about their employees. Or their customers. There was roaches found in the store. They would crawl on the registers. The food in the kitchen has mold sometimes and there are roaches there too. Never expect to get a raise. People who have been working there more than 10 years have never gotten a raise. They also don’t offer opportunities for growth at the company. It’s a corrupt company who takes advantage of their employees. The customers are extremely rude and disrespectful. They’re uneducated people. Store #12, Arleta
Pros
Forced overtime
Cons
Short breaks. No raises. Rude customers
Nice customers
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Hard and stressful to deal with customers and money transactions all day. Poor salary and time management when it was time to go to lunch or break because of coverage.
Fun workplace
Go-backs, Carts (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 12, 2019
It was a nice work place. But very stressful at times. You will have to get used to moving and doing things very fast in order to accomplish your daily duties.
Pros
Discounts on food court
Cons
Toooo strict
An okay job
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 2, 2019
I worked in the meat department. Everyday I would clock in and put on coats and an apron and got right to customer service. We were shorthanded most of the time but a lot was expected of us. Clean, weigh meat for customers, refill the meat slots. Management were okay. If you did what you were supposed to do, they wouldn't give you any problems. Overall I loved the job but the pay was too low. A lot of work for not enough money.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
short breaks, benefits sucked
Good Work Place
Produce Clerks (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 29, 2018
El Super is a great place to work. The employees are great hard workers, great customer service. . You get to do different jobs you would learn about from different departments.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Not enough pay
Quick paced, somewhat collaborative, an need to have an ability to multitask.
Tortilleria Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 24, 2018
Very quick pace environment with an ability to multitask. Culture is ok, but its hard to advance. It can be a helpful environment, but at times during holidays it will increase your amount of work.
Extremely unfair company. Rude customers, chaotic.
Checker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2018
Owners only care about making money, dont care about employees. Managers are lazy with very poor management. Customers are the rudest customers ever. Facts
Pros
No pros
Cons
No benefits, poor management. Wouldnt work here ever
Understaffed and Overworked
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2018
Some days were slow some where chaotic but I saw the cashiers had it the worst. My section was stressful after awhile with the amount of people we had . Store manager and Assistant store manager could never be found when needed , all the workers were polite however i heard some things about 2 managers basically not treating their employees like human beings. The only difficulty was being in a understaffed section.
Pros
10% of lunch if under $15
Temporalmente
Cocina (Former Employee) –  9710 WoodmanDecember 3, 2018
Me encanta el súper porque ay muchas oportunidades en el trabajo
Pros
Me encanta
Cons
Personas
Cahier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2018
Flexible hours and shift. Supper fun and friendly environment. Mexican culture. Music playing in the back ground. Supper fast pace environment. Hardest part was working on a holiday.
Fast paced job
Tortilleria clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 9, 2018
El super was a learning experience about how to handle fast paced environments. It was also the place to start in whether your just a student gping to college or someone older trying to get ends meet.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Probability of going on vacation and getting approved, slim to none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Super. Our community is ready to answer.