Elara Caring Employee Reviews

Micro management in billing department very poor management by billing billing manager and supervisor
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2019
Worse agency I’ve ever worked for. People are horrible there especially billing manager and pretty much all staff. Overworked under paid and taken advantage of. Agency is more about financials than patient care.
Run
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 29, 2019
I’m not sure where to begin, but this company is god awful. Elara treats their employees like garbage. If you socialize with your co-worker you can be reprimanded. No talking if you’re on a referral. If your shift ends at 6 and there are referrals left you can’t leave unless dismissed even though there are employees who work until 8p. Policies and procedures are changing everyday which makes it extremely difficult to process referrals efficiently. Benefits aren’t affordable and management is very unprofessional
Just like any other big company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 23, 2019
Good benefits. Unrealistic expectations. Salary is decent, but long hours are considered standard. Expect long hours and many miles on your personal vehicle.
I loved it till....
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJuly 12, 2019
I loved working for Great Lakes caring then they merge added to my territory and cut my pto time as well as my holiday pay I was driving forty five minutes to patients house just to have them cancel and I confirmed the night before as well as that same morning and being a cna who is suppose to be paid port to port I only got mileage when they canceled I was loosing money I never really got that many clients but that didn’t bother me once the merge happened that’s when I kinda got tired
What the heck happened???
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2019
Great Lakes Caring became Elara Caring and in the process, became a horrible place to work. Patients no longer a priority, employees viewed as easily replaced, upper management changed frequently and none of which seemed to have a firm grasp on what was going on...shameful what it had become.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Everything except pay
Home Health Care
LPN GREAT LAKES CARING (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 28, 2019
You make your own schedule, it is between you and your patient. Some bad but mostly good. Some times you could see as many as eight patients and drive over 200 miles a day, others you could have as few as two patients and drive under 20 miles. After 90 days you can apply to get a nurses car so you don't have to drive your own. Even if you drive your own, they reimburse for milage.
Great Place to Work
TRAINING & SUPPORT SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 21, 2019
I love my job, team, and managers! The only thing that I don't care too much for is the lack of benefits. They offer the basics but when it comes to tuition reimbursement and child care, there isn't any.
They took the Caring out of Great Lakes Caring.
therapy (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 9, 2019
“If you take care of your employees, the employees will take care of the company” . Its sad when the companies merged they took away PTO from part time employees. This company has no respect or care for employees. Homecare is a very challenging job physically. Driving long distances in bad weather, carrying bags, in/out of cars. Really not a single PTO day? Poor reimbursement for miles... How about giving what the government allows for mileage? Terrible... GREAT lakes used to care about their employees.
Pros
managers
Cons
no PTO (dont get sick), poor communication, stupid requests to travel all over the place
Growing Pains
Auth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Newly formed company combined 3 of the largest home health companies in the nation. You get the sense that individually the companies were pretty good to their employees but the combination has been a net negative, and in some sense, that's true. That said, the pay is solid, so it's possible to endure as the company continues its upheaval, but it's hard to grow when the sand stays shifting, dig?