ELAUWIT NETWORKS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Top Leadership is Corrupt
Former member (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 17, 2018
For those of you that are looking for honesty, and a legitimate company to grow your career, do not work here. Unfortunately they are company without direction, leadership, or identity. The company is driven by the Chairman, not the CEO. And on a daily basis, the CEO gives out directives only to have the Chairman swoop in and micromanage and change the direction. Very heavy handed culture and change is seen as the enemy. Honesty is also missing as you are told one thing on a Monday and then told something completely different on Friday.

Classic case of small thinkers, driving a tiny little company towards a direction dictated by gravity.

Of the 85 employees, there are 17 top executives. Just check the website to verify for yourself. You will find all of them there and smiling. Really?

If you are a thinker, a motivated executive, a driven person, have intelligence greater than average, and a catalyst for change, this company will absolutely eat you and you will be thrown away as soon as they detect it. They are looking for clones and soldiers but expect you to bring different results overnight.

Do not even think of taking this risk regardless of what the recruiters will tell you. Its a career killer.
Pros
Charleston
Cons
Company Culture is bad
Segmented Management
VP Construction (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 21, 2018
All departments work for different managers and everything get escalated to the management to make any decision. I have Never witnessed anything like it.
Status Quo is the Elauwit Way
Director (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 20, 2018
Micromanagement at its finest. No communication from the top down. They demand, not ask. New ideas are bad. Robots should be the only ones to apply. They lack vision, a business plan and teamwork. Top executives are extreme dictators. Status quo is the way they roll.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule, Benefits, Pto
Cons
Resistant to change, micromanagement, no communication, no clear vision or direction
Good work environment
NOS/Field Services Group (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 5, 2018
Multiple Vendors and technology from basic network of Routers and Switches to Video and some phone management.

Good atmosphere and culture, management always available if necessary.
Pros
Good work life balance
good experience
Project Management/Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 13, 2017
Did a job in flagstaff Arizona for them, it was a good experience and i enjoyed it . it was a new learning experience wiring a complete new apartment/student housing complex.
Cons
out of town for long periods
Started of good ...
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 10, 2016
I would say the company is moving in a direction that is mixed at best. Outsourcing and Co-oping with other companies has lead to certain declines in job security and advancement. When I first started off their was many things that made me happy to work there everyday, but the all withered away before my departure.
Pros
salary workers treated well
Cons
hourly not treated so well
I dont really have anything to say
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 17, 2015
indeed is forcing me to write something so I will say this use to be a awesome company and for some it still is but for me I just hit the end of that road
A productive location with a relaxing atmosphere..
IT Tech Support Tier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 4, 2014
A typical day at work usually starts out with a overview to see what your assignment is for that day,because the the assignments changes everyday from answering phone calls,follow up calls and responding to email inquires.

What I learned from the job I while there was how devices are connected online using either wired mac address or wireless mac address depending on the device that being used at the location.

Management is pretty hands on with everything.If there are questions or concerns,they are willing to assist you in every way possible.

My co-workers at the time were pretty easy to get along and was always willing to help each other if there was issue that person wasn't familiar with.The atmosphere with everyone was very relaxing for the most part.

The hardest part of the job is providing excellent customer service for resident who's been having a hard time with the internet or cable connection..

The most enjoyable part about the job is the teamwork that is involved.Everybody is willing help each other when it is needed.
Pros
Relaxing yet serious environment where everybody works together as a team.
Cons
Limited parking space.
Prodcutive and fun environment with a Wii and Xbox
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 19, 2014
With Elauwit, I have acquired skills and knowledge about the Telecom Industry from the Construction stand point. From hands on training and instructions, I can successfully explain how our product works. I've enjoyed working with everyone at this company as we were all part of a team. Sometimes, the hardest part of the job was communication. The most enjoyable part was going to work every day.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health Care for my son
Very productive environment.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 13, 2014
Wonderful company with opportunity for growth and advancement.
I am currently a road warrior and ready to be home.
Field Tech (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 22, 2014
I have gained a vast amount of knowledge while working for Elauwit. I am currently away from home over 300 days a year. I am ready to come off the road and secure full time employment in the Columbia, SC area.
very fun people to work with
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 18, 2013
fun place to work. Sometimes hours were long and travel was excessive but people were great
Pros
free lunches
Started out great but somewhere along the road things got messy
CSR/Tier 1/ Trainer/ QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2013
This was a great place to work with a great foundation in the beginning but the management started acting unprofessional and really over stepping their boundaries.