Elavon Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor
Technical Support and service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 22, 2018
Poor all around . No future no advancement. Poor HR. No support, no support, no support, throw you the wolves. Thanks goodness I have 10 plus years and didn't need too much assistance
US Bank/Elavon
Director of BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/GATEWAY SOLUTIONS (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
Being involved, strategically, at Elavon in expanding the Company's vision and product offering in the merchant acquiring services by assisting in bringing their gateway solution to market, I both contributed and benefited from learning how to offer advanced payment solutions to the targeted market in retail and hospitality. Mobile solutions and advanced mobile applications were a part of this advanced selling environment.

The workplace environment gave me insight on how a major bank, like US Bank, managed their asset in Elavon, their large third payment processor company.

The hardest part of that job was the continued anticipation of gaining additional partners to to expand the Third Party Processors being supported by the Elavon gateway, Fusebox. I was hired to penetrate the retail sector, but it was a challenged to have certified end points to use and leverage. Most of Elavon's focus was in the hospitality marketplace.

Success was the most rewarding part of the job. Elavon celebrated my participation and contributions.
Pros
The security of working for a large Bank.
Cons
The challenges for working for a large payment processor.
A flat organization with little room to advance
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
Routine day of 50 calls + Sales Quota
This position was my stepping stone to get back in the workforce/corporate America after staying home to raise kids.
Very diverse group - friendly!
Hardest part of the job was the pressure the managers put on their groups for an unrealistic goal or timeline because of short notice... but it came from the top.
Most enjoyable was my team...we looked out for each other and my 2 direct managers!
Pros
The people.
Cons
They do not pay enough for good-quality and educated people.
great company
usbank - Account set Up Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 11, 2018
full training provided. Ongoing and New Associates Management is very hands on and encourages input. Training provided outside of realm. Skillsoft textsbooks
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 4, 2018
Great place to work. Enjoyed the work/life balance. Great group of professional sales staff. Lots of company support and training. Great company as well.
Workplace Culture
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
About 10 years behind the time in terms of minorities, women, etc and running an effective IT organization. Very inside/outside culture, not representative of progressive IT organizations. Processes are still evolving.
Pros
Cons
Conservative, outdated management
Fast Paced and Emotional
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 2, 2018
Well this was your typical call center. Sit in your cubicle for 8 hrs with breaks and lunches. Calls ranged from simple to emotional. I loved my co workers but management was poor. Workplace culture was intense and stressful but it had its fun moments. I love helping people and this job really helped me evolve in that area and become a top notch customer service rep. I learned a lot about financials in all kinds of areas as well as emotional management and time management. The hardest part was dealing with mistakes of other reps as well as dealing with high credit card rates. Most enjoyable part of the job was the money and my coworkers.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
shortbreaks, cheap insurance
Productive and can be fun at times
Telephone Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 6, 2018
It is a good company but I am looking for more compensation more satisfaction, I like a base salary but I am looking to make good money over the next 6 or 7 years in hopes of retiring one day. Most of the time a steady stream of calls. Very diverse.
Pros
Stability, reasonable pay, steady hours, decent management
Cons
Not enough opportunity for what I am looking for
Depending on dept, can be great place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 2, 2018
I was located in the Customer Care (basic Customer Service) and did not like the job at all. However, my husband worked in the CAT (customer activation and training) dept and really liked it. They got fewer calls and the supervisors were less strict about what they could do in their downtime. In Customer Care, you're getting calls pretty consistently, and any time you do have free time, you're not allowed to read, write, etc. You're supposed to read on the computer about the company's info. It was just very mentally taxing for me (I was also 8 months pregnant at the time so maybe that's why haha) and there was definitely a high turnover rate, but I've heard other depts, especially ones where you're not on the phones, are much better. The company itself is fairly good, it's just not my kind of job, I guess.
A very collaborative culture here, lots of company parties opportunity to get involved
Telesales Support Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 23, 2018
- 8 hour shift w/ hr lunch
- open cubicle offices even managers
-room to grow
-long hours in operations and Sales department
- Friendly environment
- Garden/Zen building
Excellent Next Step
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Fantastic place to work as an entry level employee. Fast paced when the marketing is working and competitive all around with additional benefits; who could ask for more?
Not a great place for advancement
Business Development/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
If you are looking to advance this might not be the place for you. Management is not well versed or educated on products offered. This is not a great place for advancement.
great manager
usbank - Account set Up Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 6, 2018
data entry for 8 to 10 hours per day. Manager very knowledge. given the ability to learn a lot the technical aspect of processors. Attendance policy is good. Very flexible with time
Pros
ot/benefits
Cons
pay
One of the top job companies in town
Terminal Escalation Representative (Former Employee) –  Knox County, TNFebruary 3, 2018
Elavon is a good place for someone out of high school or college to get their first full-time job with benefits. Everyone gets paid time off from day 1, but it's pro-rated in the first year. Advancement opportunities are competitive.
Pros
Pto, set schedule
Cons
Call center work
Good company
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 26, 2018
All in a good company. It is kind of hard to move up since no one really leaves. I like the food trucks that come and deliver lunch to us. We used to have a cafeteria.
Pros
Good steady job
Cons
Things get repettive
Senior VP, Specialized Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
People you work with are great, very collaborative and willing to help out all the time. Environment stressful at times, benefits were great. Reason to work there are the people
Analog company working in digital world
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 15, 2018
To start off you have over 5 levels of management right with in a 100 yard radius so if you mess up you get to hear about it 5 different times depending on how bad it is. This is a credit card merchant company since they should embrace technically but they still rely on team leads or assistant managers to input alot of tracking data.

With then using a web-based software to input abd approve or decline applications to process cards they should be able to track how many a person does per day, but they still rely on you to track that in a separate Microsoft access system so it is easy to pad your stats. You are held to a standard for quality and quantity which is far but far too easy to cheat and make yourself look good.

They do have good benefits and if in underwriting you get paid well but be careful as everything you say to management is recorded even if you go to lunch and are "off the record".
Pros
Benefits and work life balance
Great place to work!
Scheduler / Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work! Sometimes flexible with home and work balance situations, depending on the department. Working here is not a bad start and can be rewarding if you are liked.
Teamwork and ideas are important
CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 15, 2018
The job was working in a call center.
I learned a lot about credit card processing and technology.
The management was absolutely wonderful.
The culture is fun and very relaxed.
The hardest part of the job would be when we would extend and use all of our resources and sometimes we could not satisfy the client as they desired.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping other, whether it be my team, clients, or my managers.
US Bank
PAYMENT SOLUTIONS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Northeast OhioJanuary 14, 2018
Was at this position for 4+ years with 2 different divisions. Enjoyed both of them immensely, but you could tell they were managed differently. After 4 years I was told it just wasn't working out. Not really sure what that meant.