Elavon Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Wonderful company to work for with. Excellent managers helped sales representatives to reach their full potential. Strong community banking support.
The sky is the limit
SENIOR SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 27, 2018
The harder you work the higher the compensation since the commissions were unlimited. Very competitive with a high reward for dedication to the role and industry.
Account manager
Account Manager Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2018
Account Manager Representative
● Provide full administrative support to sales channels company wide.
● Responding to incoming calls from sales representatives with inquiries such as: statement review, PCI compliance updates, software compliance detail, and hardware placement per environment per business type, interchange review.
Rats on a sinking ship
Software Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 16, 2018
I haver never worked for a company that waste money and time as much as Elavon. They constantly mis manage there money and charge certain non high profile customers more. They do not treat their customers as equals nor their employess. They constantly complain they are not turning a profit but will not change the way they do business to try to grow and change with modern times.
Its best place to work good environment
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
I believe that working with good people matters because then the work environment is good. If there is a sense of respect and belief among the people you work with, that is when good work is done. i really find it.
no upward mobility
Financial Business Analyst Sr., Trainer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 22, 2018
Not a very satisfying job. Lot's of nepotism. The company works on a good girls network and if you aren't in the club you don't get the best projects.
Great Pay
Customer Service/ Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 22, 2018
I stayed with Elavon because of how the great the pay is for CSR’s, however, you are constantly on the phone with customers dealing with their credit card equipment or funding issues and sometimes that can be overwhelming. During the time I was there, the call center moved under new management which made Elavon a much better place to work. If you enjoy sitting all day and assisting customers over the phone for $15 an hr, then this could be the job for you.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Mostly “SMART” Casual Dress
Cons
Normally high call volume, Graded on call stats, very little social time
Relaxed an calm environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 19, 2018
Loved working for this company. Unfortunately i got very ill and had to leave. Training is fun an knowledgeable. Very calm environment. Comfortable to work with everyone. Happy place.
Pros
Friendly co workers and managers. Different food truck for lunch
Cons
Only allowed 6 absence a year even if you have a doctors papers.
Customer Care & Technical Support
Customer care & technical Support (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37920June 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at ELAVON I like being in customer care. I like talking with the merchants. I have enjoyed learning how to download terminals & working with the staff.
Cons
short breaks
good pay and benefits
CUST SVC REP (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 10, 2018
the call center workplace can be stressful at times. some calls take quite a while to handle, and you have to meet quotas each week, and if you are unable to meet them, you will be written up and dismissed if it continues. not many people can handle the pace, but i was able to, and enjoyed my time there. it gets easier as time progresses, because you get better at solving the issues that the merchants are calling in about, but in the beginning, it's hard to make it through their weeding out process. i was almost let go twice in my first 3 months, but i got better at it, and ended up working there for several years. i finally left when they started regulating your speech. you had to say a bunch of different phrases mandatory throughout the call, and if you left out the phrase, you lost a bunch of points on your monitorings, and you would get low scores on it even if it was a call that was handled great. i think that defeats the purpose of good customer service. they were trying to turn us into robots. i imagine thats what they would prefer.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
stressful and fast paced, and micromanagement
Decent place to work
Master File Editor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 27, 2018
Location was close by my home and I liked the job functions and people there. Adequate parking and had a nice break room. Flexability of work schedule.
Mixed bag of a job
Account Setup Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 24, 2018
Overall, the job isn't bad. pays well, easy tasks. Unfortunately, between all the broken promises of training, vague directions in promotions, and the push to add more workload to production.. it is crushing. With recent developments, putting your 100% and more of effort only leads to complaints on meeting demands. The management ruined the years I put into the company. I cannot even say the company itself is at fault, but the management of my department.
Pros
Compensation
Poor
Technical Support and service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 22, 2018
Poor all around . No future no advancement. Poor HR. No support, no support, no support, throw you the wolves. Thanks goodness I have 10 plus years and didn't need too much assistance
High Production atmosphere
AML/BSA Compliance Analyst / Credit Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 21, 2018
High Production atmosphere, with ever changing policies. Many qualified co-workers, but not enough movement. Schedules vary without notice, caused strain on work/family life balance.
US Bank/Elavon
Director of BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/GATEWAY SOLUTIONS (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
Being involved, strategically, at Elavon in expanding the Company's vision and product offering in the merchant acquiring services by assisting in bringing their gateway solution to market, I both contributed and benefited from learning how to offer advanced payment solutions to the targeted market in retail and hospitality. Mobile solutions and advanced mobile applications were a part of this advanced selling environment.

The workplace environment gave me insight on how a major bank, like US Bank, managed their asset in Elavon, their large third payment processor company.

The hardest part of that job was the continued anticipation of gaining additional partners to to expand the Third Party Processors being supported by the Elavon gateway, Fusebox. I was hired to penetrate the retail sector, but it was a challenged to have certified end points to use and leverage. Most of Elavon's focus was in the hospitality marketplace.

Success was the most rewarding part of the job. Elavon celebrated my participation and contributions.
Pros
The security of working for a large Bank.
Cons
The challenges for working for a large payment processor.
A flat organization with little room to advance
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
Routine day of 50 calls + Sales Quota
This position was my stepping stone to get back in the workforce/corporate America after staying home to raise kids.
Very diverse group - friendly!
Hardest part of the job was the pressure the managers put on their groups for an unrealistic goal or timeline because of short notice... but it came from the top.
Most enjoyable was my team...we looked out for each other and my 2 direct managers!
Pros
The people.
Cons
They do not pay enough for good-quality and educated people.
great company
usbank - Account set Up Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 11, 2018
full training provided. Ongoing and New Associates Management is very hands on and encourages input. Training provided outside of realm. Skillsoft textsbooks
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 4, 2018
Great place to work. Enjoyed the work/life balance. Great group of professional sales staff. Lots of company support and training. Great company as well.
Workplace Culture
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
About 10 years behind the time in terms of minorities, women, etc and running an effective IT organization. Very inside/outside culture, not representative of progressive IT organizations. Processes are still evolving.
Pros
Cons
Conservative, outdated management
Fast Paced and Emotional
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 2, 2018
Well this was your typical call center. Sit in your cubicle for 8 hrs with breaks and lunches. Calls ranged from simple to emotional. I loved my co workers but management was poor. Workplace culture was intense and stressful but it had its fun moments. I love helping people and this job really helped me evolve in that area and become a top notch customer service rep. I learned a lot about financials in all kinds of areas as well as emotional management and time management. The hardest part was dealing with mistakes of other reps as well as dealing with high credit card rates. Most enjoyable part of the job was the money and my coworkers.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
shortbreaks, cheap insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elavon. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight