Elder-Beerman Employee Reviews

stocking
Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 18, 2018
Stock sales floor and receive deliveries. Assist in floor moves and customer service. Help customers to find what they are looking for. Ability to manage tasks and finish in a time frame allowed.
open door policy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHOctober 5, 2018
Had open door policy, flexible with our work shift, Waiting on customers, Hard part of job, cleaning out fitting rooms Best part of job, waiting on customers.

Punch in for shift
Open register
Wait on Customers
Pros
Company had lunches for workers
Cons
short lunch time
Fun place work
Cash Office Supervisor/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYSeptember 24, 2018
Elder-Beer-man was a great place to work and benefits with paid vacations , paid personnel days off . Was like a family great team work everyone got along and alway striped in to help other associates when need
Pros
Flexible. Schedule, benefits
Cons
Didn’t have enough workers scheduled worked on a Skelton crew at times
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Elder-Beerman was a great copany to work for. Everyone from the team members to the big guys are very involved and caring. I wish all jobs where as great as this one was!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Business closed
Very quiet and slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 17, 2018
I am someone who likes to be busy all the time or moving around organizing at least. It was so slow during my hours I would purposely unfold clothes to fold them again. The hours were not bad at all.
I loved my job and the people I worked with.
Sales Support/Cash Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHSeptember 7, 2018
A typical day could be fast paced with several things needing to be done in a short time. I learned how to multitask. Sometimes management was slim due to scheduling and people would come to me with their questions. I did as much as I could to help them. We were like a family.
Pros
Able to work independently
Cons
Budget cuts
job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHSeptember 7, 2018
needed more set hours so you could plan ahead
better training in specific departments
spervisors more readily available
more communications about hours and responsibilities
Excellent Place to Work
Lancome Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Elder Beerman was a lovely work environment with plenty of growth opportunity. Opportunities to meet sales goals,etc. There was at true comradery with the associates and management alike.
Productive, contact with the public, interesting
Shoe Department Retail Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Productive, contact with the public, interesting. Not much to talk about since the company is bankrupt and no longer exist as a corporation. A liquidation company has dispensed of all merchandise.
Pros
friendly work force
Cons
management not so good
eb
selling supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 4, 2018
ethics were non existent, labor laws were broken daily, pay did not match performance. Favoritism drove scheduling, theft was rampant, HR hired family members
Productive, fun, and enjoyable job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Working at Elder Beerman taught me how to manage my time better and do multiple things at one time. I learned how to deal with customers when they weren't happy and help to make them happy. I also was able to learn and figure out the best ways to give the customer the best deals possible. The hardest part of the job was being able to keep up with the fitting rooms when you were on the floor all by yourself, and also trying to explain to customers why their coupons would not work. I enjoyed helping the customers and getting to know the regular customers that would come in.
Pros
Discounts, flexibility
Cons
Coupons
Was a great place to work as a part time job.
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 21, 2018
Elder Beerman no longer in Muncie, In. Great place to work part time. Answered phones and directed calls. Made store announcements. Gift wrapped. Ran cash register.
Productive and supportive workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYAugust 18, 2018
Elder-Beerman was an amazing company that supported it's workers and customers. Customers had access to many different associates that could help them with all of their needs and could almost always find what they needed. Workers were treated with respect by management and were a trusted part of the company.
Great place to work. We had a sales staff that had been working together from 20 to 40 years. You don't see that often. Management staff also.
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 16, 2018
Great place to work,great sales staff,and management was wonderful also. Too bad corporate wasn't the same way. Had worked long enough to gain 4 weeks vacation, which was great. Great customer service and great delivery team.
Pros
Great work schedule, we all were part of a great sales team.
Cons
Extended hours on certain sales events, which did not work for furniture.
went bankrupt
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 16, 2018
This company is no longer available for employment. This company filled bankruptcy in April 2018. The company will not be honoring the sick days to their employees
Pros
non
Cons
all
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHAugust 15, 2018
I was employed part time working in the cash office. I was responsible for counting all cash from the previous days sales. I made all bank deposits and also ordered change as needed for daily operations. Management was extremely helpful when needed and made working there a joy. I loved my job and was terribly disappointed when the announcement was made that the store was closing.
Pros
Pleasant place to work
Cons
No cons
review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYAugust 9, 2018
The most enjoyable thing about this job was everything. I loved my managers and the general manager. I loved my employees. the elders there were the most fun.
I loved working for this store
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 8, 2018
They are closing so I can’t really recommend any tips. It was a great place to work but the powers that be did not do well bouncing back after acquiring too many stores at one time
Elder Beerman was not a great experience
Estee Lauder Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJuly 26, 2018
Elder Beerman was not a great experience. The Management was subpar and showed favoritism. Employees were not held to the same standards concerning time, attendance, dress code and work ethic.
Not the best choice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHJuly 26, 2018
I felt like there was a power struggle going on in management. The manager was on a power trip 90% of the time. She would say no to things just because she could. I did not enjoy that part of my job. There was no leniency in "rules" when they were simply not at all practical.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elder-Beerman. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight