Elderserve Employee Reviews

Horrible Management to work under.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2018
The manager is persistently rude and uncanny to work for. Unpracticed communication skills hinder this company as well as many other home health companies from growth.
Mission driven organization
Volunteer Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 14, 2018
If you enjoy working with older adults ElderServe is a great choice. Management is flexible with your schedule as long as you are a driven employee. The culture is a very supportive, family friendly, nurturing environment.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
low pay
This was a very rewarding position. I got so much joy from making a difference in the lives of the youth in our community and the elderly.
Program Coordinator (CATCH Healthy Habits) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2018
> Prepared tracking reports of program.
> Sought sites, advertise, recruit.
> No support involvement
> independent programs
> Devalued
> kids elders
Pros
Discounts on phone bill, paid parking
Cons
No raises
Don't care about employees
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2018
ElderServe does a lot of good for the clients but the management team doesn't care about the employees. They let employees go for no reason just because other employees are friends with upper management and can do no wrong. They show favoritism between management and employees. Everyone wants to make the decisions and tell people how to make the decisions. They don't reward employees or give reviews except for the favorites and ones close to management team. They have one person in charge of too many departments. There is a lack of communication.
Pros
Do good for clients, flexible
Cons
Health insurance, management
Enjoyed helping the Elderly
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 27, 2017
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indiana. You have to have a very strong CEO who can take charge of her management team and not let them walk all over her. Too many back stabbing people. No team play at all. Everyone who was a director took advantage of be on salary and never came too work, and when things went wrong, the staff got blamed for all the issues. But helping the less fortune was a rewarding job.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Not enough strong communications and too many Chiefs.
Great team work
Finance systems support (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 3, 2017
It was a nice experience for me as required experiential learning part of my college study at Jefferson Community and Technical College Computer and Information department.
Pros
Less stress
Cons
Small guidance
Great opportunity to work with elders
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 26, 2017
I love my clients, I enjoy working and helping them to maintain in the community. I have a learned many strategies to maneuver around Medicaid and Medicare programs, I have developed relationships in the SSA office and DCBS. It is essential for community social workers to be familiar with agencies and centers to be able to provide referrals and link our consumers to resources in the community.

Elderserve provides the arena for individuals to assist elderly individuals in their homes to help improve their lives and maintain in their communities.
Pros
Opportunity to meet with families and visit elderly in their homes
Cons
Poor management
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2017
Enjoyable people in and out of the office! Love meeting and helping new people. Although I haven't been there as long as others, it is a pleasure !
Kind and caring people
Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2016
Worked in client's homes, taking care of their needs. Usually didn't have coworkers. Those I met seemed like decent people. Hardest part of the job was the lifting required. Best part of the job was interacting with my clients and their families.
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
office was somewhat disorganized
Seniors Rock
Geriatric Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed working with seniors...doing whatever I could to help them live the most productive independent live possible.
Pros
Being a good, honest, faithful support system for seniors
Cons
lack of good funding sources to help seniors stay above water
Enjoyed This Line of Work
Geriatric Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 27, 2015
Working with the geriatric population was an eye opening experience. Clients taught me to enjoy my life each day; make the most of it because in the end it is not what I have but how I walked my walk that matters. To help someone stay as independent as possible for as long as possible gave me great pride in a job well done. Downside, seeing clients doing without because their income was not enough, or because they fell in the cracks of our system, or/and because there was not enough resources out there to really help those in need.
Fullfilling work for a good cause
TeleCare Telecommunication Agent (Former Employee) –  Remote/From HomeAugust 6, 2015
This was such a good experience. I enjoyed the people, the staff, and loved the work - provided extra moral support for and point of contact for elderly patients in various stages of assisted care.
To help the elderly in the community
Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 3, 2014
I really enjoyed doing my internship at ElderServe. I was able to help the elderly find resources in the community to best meet their needs. My co-workers were awesome. They helped me and gave me inspiration to achieve my goals.
Cons
parking
Not good to temporary staff
Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2013
I worked there as a temp and observed unprofessional behavior by a new project manager who was also a temp, but was from a competing temp agency. The moment the new project manager was hired he went on a firing spree, terminating temps who knew what they were doing. It made life in the office unnecessarily difficult. This person had to be one of the most unprofessional people I have ever had to report to. I could not wait for the assignment to end.

This problem could have been remedied had the department head provided more direct supervision of the project manager. However, the department head appeared to be an absentee manager who was not invested in the temporary staff and just only wanted to work done. The work was hard and we did our best to cope with a project that had been mismanaged long before the temps were hired. In the real-world, who hires a temp as a manager and then doesn't provide day to day supervisor/guidance during his/her temp's first few weeks on the job? What manager would then give this person hiring/firing authority when the temp hasn't even learned everyone's names yet?

I feel for the other temps in the office. Hopefully, they will find better opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Inadequate supervisor of new project manager
I learnt a lot and contributed greatly to the company
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 8, 2013
Atypical day at work it's by far one of the best experiences. It's a great place to work and learn.
I enjoyed helping clients.
Homecare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyApril 17, 2013
I enjoyed working with the elderly and I have gained a great respect for them. I appreciate them a lot. I enjoyed their companionship and they enjoyed my companionship. They accepted me as family. I was happy to assist clients who needed help. I was happy that I could put a smile on their faces and make their day. The hardest part of the job was working with clients with Alzheimers'. I learned to be patient.
Pros
i was able adjust my schedule to take care of my kids and attend school.
Cons
communicating with new supervisor
ElderServe
Outreach Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 16, 2013
Organizing and implementing medicare events in order to generate sales/enrollment.