ElderWood at Wheatfield Employee Reviews

So far, it's a good place to work
LPN Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2017
I haven't been there long, but so far it is a great place to work. The support I've received and training is pretty good. It's a lot of things to remember, but once you understand the processes you're good.
very unfriendly atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Town of Wheatfield, NYOctober 5, 2017
The nurses wont help, very unfriendly CNA's and then when you mention the way the other coworkers are not participating as a team they say you complain too much. Supervisors and director of nursing will set you up to fail if they dont like you, proceed with caution here.
Elderwood went downhill after new owners took over
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 29, 2017
Elderwood used to be a great place to work but that's not true today. Most of management and employees are so over worked it's a drab environment. The benefits are being cut and seems anything to save a buck including quality of care is sacrificed.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Management doesn't care
Elderwood is bias.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Town of Wheatfield, NYSeptember 28, 2017
Assisted living was bias as far as residents go. Only white residents reside there. Administration fabricated stories about aides performance in the workplace.
Ran into the ground
Staff (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 26, 2017
New owners are absolute garbage. They could give two you know what about the employees. Get out while you can! Feel bad for all the residents that live there.
Pros
Cons
Ownership is trash
Horriable
Billing (Former Employee) –  AdministrationMarch 6, 2017
Managment lies and promises you the world in your interview. what the fail to tell you is the could care less and your just a number. Its a revolving door of staff no one is happy.
Pros
atmosphere
certified nursing assistant
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant Training (Former Employee) –  Town of Wheatfield, NYMarch 18, 2016
typical day as a can includes bathing and grooming , toileting, feeding assisting with adls , rom and activities. Fast paced environment and well kept/
Certified Nurses Assistant
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  2600 Niagara Falls Blvd. Niagara Falls NYApril 1, 2014
I enjoyed coming into work everyday taking care of my residents and being greeted by fellow Co-Workers. I worked on multiple units but had the chance to meet everyone and enjoyed every second of it. I enjoyed the bond I had with my residents, enjoying hearing about their stories and taking care of those who couldn't speak but enjoyed the opportunity and prevailed of taking care of my resident.