Elderwood Employee Reviews

Not recommended
CNA (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 7, 2019
For a company based on caring for people the teamwork within the company to make this happen was poor. A few good people in the mix but not enough to make it a good place to work. The CNA's are overworked and underpaid just like most senior living facilities.
good place to work for young kids
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJanuary 29, 2019
good place to work while still in school as there are both full time and part time positions available. pay is so-so but you would make more money serving in a restaurant rather than as a dietary aide. overall the job culture is nice, you get free food here and there.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lower pay
Rum run fast do not work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 10, 2019
Absolutely horrible management they care nothing about their employees. They deny time off and then you lose your pto which In this facility you work hard for. Management thinks they can talk to people in a demeaning way. Management are bullys who sit behind a desk all day gossiping about their workers. They have a ADON that talks about other workers, tells other workers who is being fired, talks about the DON and administrator as well as human resources and assistant administrator this facility is cut throat and if you dont fit within their click they make your job harder and make it known they dont like you. I would never recommend anyone work here. They pick and choose who they want to bend rules for. They pick and choose what policies they want to share with the workers. Management walked around boasting how they received coach bags for Christmas while all the people that keep that facility running received an umbrella. They do not appreciate or respect their workers at all. They are absolutely horrible they have a very high turnover and will continue to have that turnover as long as the management team is there. They dont care about their residents at all. All they care about is how much money they are making to ensure they get their big bonuses on top of their big salaries for sitting behind a desk. Despicable and horrible. The state should be investigating them.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Very poor Management
Fast paced and exciting environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Fast paced and exciting environment at corporate office. My Manager is approachable and has always given me the right amount of support to excel in my role.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Management
Cons
Benefits/Compensation is outdated!
Work somewhere else
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Western nyDecember 20, 2018
The residents and coworkers were wonderful . Management and corporate is another story. The only thing that matters to them is money . The quality of life you gave the residents was unimportant . They are growing quickly without improving or remodeling current facilities . Only focus is getting more facilities and making sure they are full . Once they are in nobody cares about how they are treated . I would never put a loved one in any of their poorly run facilities . Hard to be a loyal employee when you are lied to and backstabbed by your administrator and her higher up in corporate . They take their miserable lives out on their staff .
Fun and Friendly Place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NYDecember 17, 2018
I like working at Elderwood because it is a friendly and fun place to work. The staff work well each other most of the time and they have fun activities thruout the year that the staff and the residents engage in. If it hadn't been for my back issues and asthma issues flaring up due to their cleaning products I would probably not have left there.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 6, 2018
Good learning job, opportunities for advancement, good place to start your career, many locations so close to home, will train for new programs, systems
The finest workplace available in the healthcare arena.
LNHA (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYDecember 5, 2018
A healthcare culture that truly believes in doing the right thing for its employees, patients/residents, and communities. Ownership is highly visible and interested in feedback from their staff.
Love the residents
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 4, 2018
Great place to work if you love the elderly as i do. I learned that not all are capable to help themselves and this company didn't seem to care a whole lot. Management..Ha it's all about money and vacations for them. the hardest part of this job was watching someone slowly deteriorate and lose their battle. The most enjoyable part was hanging in the activities department playing games and making them smile, laugh or even just talking with them.
The most stressful job I've ever had.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 10, 2018
The management at this place is absolutely horrific. The residents are wonderful and are the only reason why anyone would ever want to stay at this job. They pay you nothing. None of the departments work together for the common good of the nursing home. Overall horrible. Wouldnt want my worst enemy to have my former position.
Pros
amazing residents
Cons
stressful, poor management
I love what I do
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYNovember 7, 2018
I love what I do but doesn't mean I like who I work for. For 24 years I believe I deserve more but I still respect them and will do my job to my fullest because I take pride in it and I love helping people
Rehab floor 2nd
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waverly, NYNovember 6, 2018
Waverly Facility they are trying to run their rehab floor as a hospital.. If that is how they want to run it then they need to staff /pay as such.....
Pros
Great facility
Cons
Short staff & over worked
Terrible place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  LiverpoolNovember 4, 2018
This is a terrible place to work , terrible supervisor, lots of favortisum , only work 3 days a week , miserable environment , unprofessional, dont care for thier employees .
Fast Growing & Great Company Culture
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 26, 2018
Elderwood Health Plan is a rapidly growing company. The management are dedicated but don't micro-manage. I think there is the perfect balance between guidance to excel in your career and freedom for creative initiative development to help contribute to the success of the company. It's a very collaborative environment with continuous support within every department. All the employees of the plan are dedicated to helping each individual that comes to our company for assistance which really facilitates a great environment to work in and adds the personal touch. If you want to work at a company where you have autonomy and are able to develop skills to help better serve the community, this is your place.
Pros
Managment
Typical Day- CNA
-Assisting the Nurses
-Obtaining weights as needed
-Contacting Laundry for missing items
-Assisting other CNAs as needed
- providing nourishment between meals as needed
-Showering/ per shower day
-Toileting
-Assisting Therapists as needed
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement after a year of employment.
Cons
Short staffed, Underappreciated, Over worked, Not flexible with your schedule unless it pertains to school.
Needs to have better supervisors that are not a kiss up to their upper managements to get what they want or hide their mistakes for them.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  CheektowagaOctober 21, 2018
Supervisors lie and when you won't do what they want they make you work harder and puts stress on you. They make you feel like you are their best friend but walk out the door and the daggers are being thrown in your back.
Pros
Co workers and going home at end of day
Cons
Being told by supervisor to do certain unethical stuff as lying.
Alright
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2018
It was alright to work there it was quick paced at first because I had to get used to the job but it was worth it is is a good job to have if you want to be a nurse but it’s a good job to have you will learn lots is things
Pros
Good food
Cons
Low salary pay
Dependable Place for Employment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 16, 2018
Dependable place to find employment.
Willing to work with people attending school for the most part. They have a Dedicated nursing staff to the patients
i loved it
certified NursingAssistant (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NYSeptember 26, 2018
i enjoyed the atmosphere in the workplace. i learned about many different things as a cna and the hardest part of the job was leaving the residents behind they become like family to you.
Waste of time
A/R (Former Employee) –  DowntownSeptember 18, 2018
Horrible training, unfriendly co- workers. Major tension between departments. Uncomfortable meetings with arguments between supervisors. Only perk was free parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elderwood. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight