Elderwood Employee Reviews

Great Company and Opportunities for Advancement
Director (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 2, 2018
Fast paced and exciting environment at corporate office. The ownership is approachable and have always given me the right amount of support and autonomy.
Pros
Great Buffalo location, 401k plan and friendly staff
Cons
health benefits could be better
Not a good place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 26, 2018
i worked with this company for almost a year as a CNA, i wanted to further my career so I applied and got into a LPN program they would not work with me on my schedule and refused to change my hours to accommodate. they are not very well staffed and can leave you by yourself with 60 patients and find you no help. they expect you to work without a day off.
Pros
co workers
Cons
short staffed all the time
Loved the people hated management
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJune 14, 2018
Management made your job harder each day by finding new ways to "improve" your work environment. All these thing just made thing inconvenient and annoying. You are forced to deal with constantly being under staffed. There have been many times I'd go 2 weeks without being full staffed once. Hours would fluctuate severely. Many promises made by management were never fulfilled. Then I read the description they posted here on indeed where it says you're expected to work every other weekend, I've been there for over half a year and have had maybe 2 weekends off. I rarely even receive a Saturday or Sunday off. I on the other hand enjoyed my co-workers and the residents.
Pros
Residents, and co-workers
Cons
Under staffed, management
Great place to work but pay is $13.00/hr
CNA (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 9, 2018
I loved the people at elderwood at williamsville, they're like family. Some of the coolest residents, great co-workers, lpns & nurses. You had your bad but that's everywhere. Just wished they paid more.
Pros
FullTime, Benefits
Cons
Distance, Money
Poor management and stressful work environment.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 18, 2018
Management uses favoritism, upper management as well as supervisors very cliquey, unprofessional among all upper management as well as lower management, and when faced with problems/confrontation very inappropriate and unprofessional. If you aren’t one of the ‘cool kids’ you aren’t given fair treatment.
Dont work here
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYApril 21, 2018
poor management, they don't care about their staff, always short due to lack of people wanting to work for them and calls offs. the staff they do have are way over worked and expected to do to much.
there are more unfriendly LPNs and CNAs then friendly. a lot of them look down upon the lower scaled staff (housekeeping/ dietary). if you take a leave good luck getting your position back,.they offered no job security. is also like high school, people always talking about one another and spreading rumors.
if you're in desperate need of a job, a job is better than no job, but I'd definitely look.elsewhere first.
Pros
the residents
Cons
low staff, poor management, unfriendly staff, clicky
Its a great company to work for if you truly enjoy helping the elderly.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221April 19, 2018
Its a great company to work for if you truly enjoy helping the elderly. Its a very clean and efficient nursing home. the staff is very friendly. it also a well organized.
Poor management and Human Resources
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2018
Worked for almost a year. Witnessed bullying on the workplace. Brought to Human Resources and management. Person being bullied was held accountable. Incident happened at workplace and management and Human Resources spoke to other employees regarding incident, very unprofessional. Don’t feel comfortable going to management with any issues. Management in the AR department don’t recognize and or seem involved with all employees only certain favorites. All rules don’t apply to all employees only a selective few. Accounts Receivables department needs some major work. Would not recommend to anyone looking.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Poor management, don’t follow own code of ethics
No training, clicky people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2018
Quit after one week due to lack of training. Management never even cared to come and see how I was doing. Had 2 days of training and was then left alone. Younger people all clicky and no one even cared to bother with you. I asked for work and felt like I was a bother.
Pros
close to home
Amazing residents, poor management.
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 12, 2018
I loved my job here at elderwood and the residents have grown on me like my own family. But the management was horrible and nothing you said to them mattered, it was all about what they wanted.
Loce my job as a per-deim
PTA (Current Employee) –  CheektowagaMarch 8, 2018
Love traveling between locations and learning how to do different approaches for treatment. Been working for 7 months and have expanded my knowledge a lot.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
Call offs
Fast paced
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hornell, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Residents are amazing. Some staff great and hard working and some that need to be gone/retire. Pay is less then appealing. Short staffed....if staffed was paid more then would probably get more staff in the door.
Good atmosphere with the residents.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Very busy day and a very caring atmosphere for the residents The activities with the residents is very nice and a lot of the residents enjoy them. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the residents, looking at them as if was taking care of your own family.
Stressful work environment
Unknown (Former Employee) –  UnknownFebruary 10, 2018
They don’t value their staff or treat residents like it’s their home. It’s a business to them ONLY! In there view everyone is replaceable and don’t value long term employees who have proven and remained committed to providing excellen care, support and concern for residents. Their expectations of staff are unrealistic per ratio of staff to residents.
Pros
Loved the residents
Cons
Stressful work environment
Miserable place to be an employee
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Facility in Western NYFebruary 7, 2018
High demand atmosphere worsened by condescending management, lots of criticism, no praise. They manage by intimidation and the sense that you’re expendable. Concerns fall on deaf ears. Management seems to work very hard at making employees feel bad about themselves. Deceitful hiring practices, High turnovers, high stress, a high percentage of employees are written up and reprimanded, poor training. It was a much better place before the new owners took over. Now they're money driven and couldn't care less about employees well-being.
Pros
The patients and families, decent healthcare
Cons
everything else
Poor communication
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Very poor communication, day shift is expected to do too much for the amount of time Very fast-paced. 2nd floor manager needed more experience before getting the job.
Great company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJanuary 13, 2018
I love my job here and due it being a smaller facility it's not as overwhelming as most others. The staff is great and it is overall a great place to work for!
Pros
Great Staff and residents
Productive but Very Shortstaffed
HHA (Former Employee) –  HanburgOctober 30, 2017
Most workers collaborate as a team.
Very Fast Pace.
Very low pay.
Poor Communication and follow through with management.

The resident we're the reason I stayed as long as I did.
They are truly enlightening and extremely compassionate.
Not a bad place but Post Acute's motives are questionable
Anonymous Management (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 22, 2017
Pay is below average for all positions other than nursing related. Nursing staff make industry average. It's a good place to start your career but not a good permanent option. Management positions are are revolving door, they'll be here 6 months then they'll get a better job. If you're a nurse right out of school Elderwood is a good option, but once you have experience it's better to go work somewhere else for better pay. Plenty of opportunity for overtime, we are usually short staffed.

Post Acute is the parent company of Elderwood and they are very profit driven. They have done a good job with remodeling the buildings and updating medical equipment, but they don't have a good reputation with a lot of the older employees. Elderwood went from a family oriented company to a corporate procedural based environment.
Pros
overtime, good coworkers
Cons
underpaid, short staffed, poor company culture
Pleasant working environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NYOctober 17, 2017
Elderwood was a very nice place to work. I liked the employees very much & they provided excellent care to the residents. The upper management treated staff very well. Pleasant working environment.
Pros
Pleasant working environment
Cons
Worked alone a lot, d/t lack of staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elderwood. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight