Elderwood
2.9

Elderwood Employee Reviews

United States195 reviews
Featured review
Elderwood selected this as a representative review
Friendly
Very friendly staff and owner. Caring and compassionate for residents and staff. Very flexible and family oriented. Best place I have worked. Everyone pitches in no matter what department to make sure the staff and residents have what they need and are properly taking care of.
Great Job
This place is a good place to work at, especially if you’re not a huge people-person. I can get easily upset by rude customers, so I’m happy I’m working at Woodmark. There are no red flags when working here, it’s very busy, but makes the day go by quickly.
the boss in the kitchen might as well be 13
day includes walking on eggshells so boss doesn't scream/threaten/belittle you.ive seen almost all of the women cry by being yelled at. ive had 3 ptsd eps from him screaming at me in front of everyone
Pros
not many, free left over food.
Cons
boss does not care, being screamed at, getting out late, seeing kids as young as 15 being screamed at, boss retaliates against you, calls u easily replaceable, anger managment probs
Worst job ever
Elderwood is a Terrible company to work for. They absolutely do not care for the staff at all, and waste money that could go to bonuses on dumb gifts. I have a coworker who “made too much” and they cut her wages back to minimum wage after she had worked there for 6+ years. Completely ignorant and money hungry.
Elderwood's Assisted Living Facilities are the Best!
Elderwood has some of the best assisted living facilities I have ever worked for! They are newly renovated, beautiful, and modern. The staff has treated me like I have been here for years and its only been a few months. The work to life ratio is great and it feels good clocking out knowing I am making a difference. Best job in healthcare!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Very low pay
The job at Elderwood is super super low pay no one can live on the pay they offer even after the classes do not waste your time and effort I need to keep writing
fun workplace
love working with the residents, aiding the nurses, working on getting my CNA, watching the residents that are suffering, helping the residents achieve their daily activities
productive work place
productive work place. The residents receive good care and their families are very involved with their family members. The staff is very caring and loyal to the company overall.
Team-Oriented and Supportive
Everyone is supportive and helpful. It definitely is a team. I have been with many different organizations in healthcare and this is by far the best I have been treated by a organization. I love it here!
Place wasn't not ran professionally
Because I was older I wasn't treated in a fashion I was used to. Having a you staff and them not caring took a toll on me. I believe resident and families were number one. When working with young management I thought it would be great. Turned out not so
Laughter with your Co-Workers
You are able to Strive and Challenge yourself.
Being reconize for your talents, your team work.

Suggestions are always welcomed tobetter the operations
An ideal place to start your career in the medical field.
A very calming atmosphere greets you when you enter the building. Resident are observed to be content with their surroundings and employees are happy.
LPN position
They are professional, very thorough with training, make you do skills check off before you can start working! Orientation is organized and you have to pass tests to start! Have continued education programs, support programs! They have computer charting!
Bad staffing and management
Worked there for years and was fired on my day for a call off that was over a month old. Not to mention that i had had the flu and was out on a doctors note. Staffing was always awful and to try to make it up to you would give food for the shift. Constantly working with 2 to 3 aides. Residents were the only good part of the job.
Elderwood
Just not the place for me anymore. I love the job it just takes its toll on a person mentally and physically as a CNA. I have a hard time not getting attached to the patients.
Please I’m legit begging u don’t work here
U get paid legit nothing they DON’T give u a raise even after a year of working here. The residents are EXTREMELY rude. No manners they treat you like trash. They whistle at us and talk to us like dogs. everyone gossips about each other and/or the residents. They don’t give u a pat on the back when doing extra work, they only recognize when u fall short of one thing or make one mistake. U have to make up for people’s laziness. The favorites don’t have to work as hard
Pros
They let u eat the leftovers of the food we serve
Cons
Pay, management, recognition, coworkers, Pay!!!, rude residents
It has its ups and downs.
Busy and difficult at times. There are nice and very appreciative residents and then there are nit picky ones. It's a job to get you back in the work world. There are decent benefits.
Lots of opportunity for dedicated employees
For those who stay with the company, there is a lot of room for growth and advancement. Our culture is collaborative and open-minded. As a newer employee (less than a year) I feel you can share new ideas and become involved in as much or as little as you would like.

This is no doubt a challenging industry, and clinical staffing is always hard to maintain, but there are rewards for those who are dedicated. There are a lot of people who truly care about the residents and the work we do.

The Administrative offices are becoming more connected with fun activities for employees to take part in.
Unorganized
No communication, rude people, good boss, but just very very unorganized. Doing double the work for the same pay. Repeat problems and nothing gets done about it, etc.
Caring
This place really cares about their residents and staff. If I could work for them again I would but preferably in a higher up position. I enjoyed the residents and staff.
Worst company ever!!
This company does not have safety as a priority for their employees. Employees are treated very poorly and there is a lot of underhanded activity that occurs. Such as they do NOT follow workman’s comp laws if an employee is hurt. They also allow workplace harassment too. I highly do NOT recommend this company for employment. You will have no life and you will be overworked and your body will definitely take a beaten for little pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elderwood. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight