Elderwood Employee Reviews

i loved it
certified NursingAssistant (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NYSeptember 26, 2018
i enjoyed the atmosphere in the workplace. i learned about many different things as a cna and the hardest part of the job was leaving the residents behind they become like family to you.
Waste of time
A/R (Former Employee) –  DowntownSeptember 18, 2018
Horrible training, unfriendly co- workers. Major tension between departments. Uncomfortable meetings with arguments between supervisors. Only perk was free parking
great people, great workplace
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 10, 2018
It was a great place to work, very flexible with doctors appointments for children and yourself. I enjoyed working with the residents and coworkers. I was able to learn how to keep organized and how to separate my time to be able to get certain things done. A typical day would start with breakfast for the residents and paperwork, after would be the doctors evaluating different residents as well as having to set up appointments and transportation. Next would be lunch for the residents. After would be lunch for myself and then make sure everything was scanned, filed and uploaded to the online chart for the residents. The hardest part about the job was when a doctor would say that a resident needed to go out to the hospital and you would have to rush to get all the paperwork printed out and filled out for the transport for the resident.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Stressful at times
worst job I have ever had.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  North Creek, NYSeptember 4, 2018
poor communication between higher ups and supervisors, lazy coworkers always finding a way outta work and leaving messes behind for others to attend to. poor attitudes and miserable people daily who make the job harder than it has to be. overall a downer and a drag with no advancements in pay... at all. barely minimum wages. wouldn't work here ever again or reccomend it to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
everything
Unprofessional Staff
Therapy (Former Employee) –  BrockportSeptember 3, 2018
I worked at Elderwood for a short period of time. I never felt comfortable working with the staff and did not feel welcomed. The staff was very unprofessional and acted out of their own best interest rather than the employees.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional staff, negative work environment
Not a good experience
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 24, 2018
The company's health plan is poorly run and understaffed. Management doesn't understand or apply the rules and regulations correctly. They say one thing and do another, there is a total lack of direction. Staff is poorly trained and there are no documented procedures. Everyone in care management is doing something different. Definitely the worst job I've had.
Cons
Poor management, lack of direction
Horrible
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJuly 26, 2018
The residents and their families are the only reason to work there. The Administration is not known stays in their offices and could care less about anything except a PR photo.NO unity in staff, and incompetent and arrogant management.Never want to hear feedback or new ideas-or respect the staff.Physical care of residents and how much money they can make from them. It is completely about their image and money.Some admin does not even acknowledge people when they pass them(that is when they are out of their offices) in the hallway or see them on the floors.Favoritism is present towards certain people. Rude and arrogant management who want the world from their staff.
They truly do NOT care about the residents or staff. .

Elderwood removed the American flags that were requested by the residents in the dining areas, because they thought it was not a "home-like" atmosphere?WHAT??????.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Administration, NO staff support or unity, Short constantly, every employee better have their own back
Great Company and Opportunities for Advancement
Director (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 2, 2018
Fast paced and exciting environment at corporate office. The ownership is approachable and have always given me the right amount of support and autonomy.
Pros
Great Buffalo location, 401k plan and friendly staff
Cons
health benefits could be better
Not a good place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 26, 2018
i worked with this company for almost a year as a CNA, i wanted to further my career so I applied and got into a LPN program they would not work with me on my schedule and refused to change my hours to accommodate. they are not very well staffed and can leave you by yourself with 60 patients and find you no help. they expect you to work without a day off.
Pros
co workers
Cons
short staffed all the time
good money, but understaffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waverly, NYJune 17, 2018
Night shift on the rehab unit is terrible. The job itself is not intensive, but the patients require more attention than staffing allows. For example it's common for the aides to be busy with patients while several call bells ring. Most aides seem to only work there for a few months before transferring to a different floor or quitting all together. I took Elderwood's CNA class, it was fairly basic but overall I don't feel like I am educated enough to do the job to the best of my ability.
Pros
shift differential ($1.50 for evenings and nights)
Cons
understaffed
Loved the people hated management
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJune 14, 2018
Management made your job harder each day by finding new ways to "improve" your work environment. All these thing just made thing inconvenient and annoying. You are forced to deal with constantly being under staffed. There have been many times I'd go 2 weeks without being full staffed once. Hours would fluctuate severely. Many promises made by management were never fulfilled. Then I read the description they posted here on indeed where it says you're expected to work every other weekend, I've been there for over half a year and have had maybe 2 weekends off. I rarely even receive a Saturday or Sunday off. I on the other hand enjoyed my co-workers and the residents.
Pros
Residents, and co-workers
Cons
Under staffed, management
Great place to work but pay is $13.00/hr
CNA (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 9, 2018
I loved the people at elderwood at williamsville, they're like family. Some of the coolest residents, great co-workers, lpns & nurses. You had your bad but that's everywhere. Just wished they paid more.
Pros
FullTime, Benefits
Cons
Distance, Money
Poor management and stressful work environment.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 18, 2018
Management uses favoritism, upper management as well as supervisors very cliquey, unprofessional among all upper management as well as lower management, and when faced with problems/confrontation very inappropriate and unprofessional. If you aren’t one of the ‘cool kids’ you aren’t given fair treatment.
Dont work here
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYApril 21, 2018
poor management, they don't care about their staff, always short due to lack of people wanting to work for them and calls offs. the staff they do have are way over worked and expected to do to much.
there are more unfriendly LPNs and CNAs then friendly. a lot of them look down upon the lower scaled staff (housekeeping/ dietary). if you take a leave good luck getting your position back,.they offered no job security. is also like high school, people always talking about one another and spreading rumors.
if you're in desperate need of a job, a job is better than no job, but I'd definitely look.elsewhere first.
Pros
the residents
Cons
low staff, poor management, unfriendly staff, clicky
Its a great company to work for if you truly enjoy helping the elderly.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221April 19, 2018
Its a great company to work for if you truly enjoy helping the elderly. Its a very clean and efficient nursing home. the staff is very friendly. it also a well organized.
Poor management and Human Resources
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2018
Worked for almost a year. Witnessed bullying on the workplace. Brought to Human Resources and management. Person being bullied was held accountable. Incident happened at workplace and management and Human Resources spoke to other employees regarding incident, very unprofessional. Don’t feel comfortable going to management with any issues. Management in the AR department don’t recognize and or seem involved with all employees only certain favorites. All rules don’t apply to all employees only a selective few. Accounts Receivables department needs some major work. Would not recommend to anyone looking.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Poor management, don’t follow own code of ethics
No training, clicky people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2018
Quit after one week due to lack of training. Management never even cared to come and see how I was doing. Had 2 days of training and was then left alone. Younger people all clicky and no one even cared to bother with you. I asked for work and felt like I was a bother.
Pros
close to home
Amazing residents, poor management.
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 12, 2018
I loved my job here at elderwood and the residents have grown on me like my own family. But the management was horrible and nothing you said to them mattered, it was all about what they wanted.
Loce my job as a per-deim
PTA (Current Employee) –  CheektowagaMarch 8, 2018
Love traveling between locations and learning how to do different approaches for treatment. Been working for 7 months and have expanded my knowledge a lot.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
Call offs
Fast paced
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hornell, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Residents are amazing. Some staff great and hard working and some that need to be gone/retire. Pay is less then appealing. Short staffed....if staffed was paid more then would probably get more staff in the door.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elderwood. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight