Electric Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Concerned Going Forward
Customer Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAMarch 4, 2018
While the company is in a very strong financial situation, there have been people in a few departments who were forced to leave the company with a day's notice. I realize this may be standard practice in the industry, but to hear about that from your cohorts instead of your management doesn't really instill a feeling of job security. That being said, customer service roles will always be relatively secure so long as you are doing your job, as the department has been understaffed due to a few employees leaving.

It used to not be too exhausting to take calls, but recently taking calls, rising call volume and case load, has left me anxious without a sense that this will change. I still have hope, but may be looking to work elsewhere as a result of the overall culture shift of the company, as I feel I work alongside many demotivated individuals at this point in time.
Pros
Friendly and helpful managers, decent pay, solid time off.
Cons
Pressure to upsell, understaffed, trending towards a negative atmosphere.
Wonderful Experience
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJanuary 29, 2018
I worked at Electric Insurance Company for years and enjoyed every day I walked into work. I learned a lot from the company and will never forget the experience.
colleagues great, work demand too much
Sr. Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJanuary 4, 2018
expectations and case load were too much, but overall my colleagues were wonderful and my managers were very supportive. If you can stay organized and driven you will be OK(ish)
limited upward mobility
Water Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAOctober 3, 2017
Good people, and a culture that is tailored for the entry-level worker. Struggles to identify and retain talent, preferring to constantly turn over personnel and rely on training new employees rather than retaining current workforce.
no stress job
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 25, 2017
laid back environment and conducive to normal lifestyle. Nice people and nice office. Cases can be interesting and good interaction with outside counsel.
Pros
great people and laid back
Cons
no security
Sr. Appl. Developer (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 23, 2017
The management was very flexible about hours. The coworkers were very knowledgeable and helpful. I only left because my position was out sourced. Great company culture.
Great Employees
Agent and Producers NH license (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAMay 6, 2017
Work is very busy, micromanaged, but fun group of people. The best part of the job is some of the great customers I deal with. I would say I have learned a lot and have been taught a lot.
Pros
can be fun
Cons
micromanagment
Stressful but Supportive
Customer Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 17, 2017
Working for Electric Insurance Company was a worth while experience. Working in the customer service department was a hard task, as it was eight hours a day, 5 days a week constantly having to talk to customers. The company doesn't offer the cheapest insurance, and caters specifically to GE employees. Although the job itself was stressful the management and company culture was awesome. However if you find insurance to be as mind numbing as I do. I would not recommend it.
Pros
Great management, awesome food
Cons
Terrible policies, selective customer base
good company
Discovery Attorney (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAMarch 10, 2017
Good company but you're unlikely to end up with permanent work. Typically, the associates are young and learning themselves which raises questions as to how they hire.
IT Intern
IT Intern / Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MADecember 6, 2016
Nice company to have an internship for, however, I did not really want to stay. They hire a lot of interns and do not always give them a lot to do. Good pay for an internship. I often felt like I was not taught anything, rather they would give me nothing to do or a really simple task. If the task was "too challenging" (aka something I did not know) my boss would often say it would take more time to explain it then to actually do it. My boss was very nice and cared about my life outside of work, however, I felt like he could be more organized and listen more to his employees. Overall nice company but I did not see myself working in their IT department forever.

The company as a whole has a really nice building, awesome cafeteria with tons of choices and is reasonably priced, and even had an ice cream party for the summer interns. When there is a group of interns they care about them and have meetings with them, however, when I was left to work there past the summer I felt very left out of everything.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, nice people, good pay (for an internship), flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough work, managers are busy, not really invited to meetings or events, no paid vacations
Fun place to work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAJune 10, 2015
The workload can be overwhelming. Most of management tries to make it fun by having contests and games. The worst part is seems like hard to make more money.
it was nice
Level 3 Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 24, 2015
I enjoy working here. The staff is always really helpful, managers are willing to help and support you. EIC is all about team work and supporting everyone throughout the work day.
Flexible workplace with minimal upward movement
Senior Document Review Attorney (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJanuary 26, 2015
Flexible hours allows for good work/life balance. However, employees are underpaid and there is little room for upward movement. A good end-of-career place, but not somewhere for someone starting out their career.
good trainers
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJanuary 6, 2015
call center, learned about auto and home insurance. Processed inquires to members policies
Leadership?
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJanuary 4, 2015
Career advancement and leadership opportunities are a popularity contest. Management views employees as highly disposable--people are regularly fired, and there is little job security. As a result, agents have little to no tenure and experience. Leadership has also done cocaine with subordinates on weekend shifts. Not exactly professional.

Pros: socially, the people you work with are great. going to fibber's on fridays with coworkers is common.
A Place Where Every Voice is Heard
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 11, 2014
Personally, I worked in several different departments and positions while learning a great deal.

Management was amazing. Any issue an employee had was never brushed aside. All management regardless of how high-up, had excellent communication amongst one another.

Great place to work.
Pros
Excellent management communication
Cons
Flexibility to Move to Desirable Positions/Departments
Very Beneficial
Outbound Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAJuly 25, 2014
I worked in the outbound sales dept.We called out to customers whom have policies with EIC.
Productive fun workplace
Licensed Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAMay 22, 2014
Excellent work environment. Great co-workers. Great Management. Hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers. Most enjoyable part of job is satisfying customers needs and also the people that i work with.
Pros
co-workers and management
Cons
dealing with upset customers etc.
Abusive Employee Environment
Contact Center (Former Employee) –  BeverlyMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at EIC is having a beeping board never cease while being told by incompetent managers to keep answers the phones and push the customers through. The actual way the employees are treated including the board is by negative reinforcement. The 'leveling' or how you advance your pay is based on unreachable statistics. Not a single person has achieved above a level 3 of 6 and even then they hang the fact they can de-level you over your head at all times. There is heavy favoritism that they do not bother to hide. If you have opinions or ideas that are not 100% inline with what they want the will find a way to get you gone. If you aren't clear on something and ask more than one manager you will get a different answer each time. Any changes to policy or standard procedure are never told to employees and end up having outdated practices continue years after they should have been stopped. The training is next to worthless as nothing is learned until you are on the phones. The systems used are not capable of staying active without crashing for more than 48 hours. They are trying to utilize a data collection software that is useless in the insurance industry. The only upside would be if you survive the system long enough and drink the kool-aid well you might be able to get off the phones to answer escalated calls only.
Pros
GE company the commercial lines are supporting the business
Cons
Short breaks, extremely low pay, long hours no overtime
Customer Service and Sales
Customer Service & Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJanuary 21, 2014
Great people & benefits - only negative was in customer service and sales, they started timing, recording and counting your calls. If I was helping a customer that really needed questions answered, that call would take longer - but I made that customer very very happy... employees would get in 'trouble' for going that extra mile with a customer. They preferred we hang up and just take another call apparently. Very frustrating for a customer service minded person like me.
Pros
benefits, great software and training
Cons
timed phone calls not encouraging us to adequately help customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electric Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

3.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Electric Insurance Company Reviews by Location