Electric Power Systems Employee Reviews

management
electrical maintenance and tester... (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 12, 2018
the guy who fired me was on a colossal power trip and i dindnt deserve to be let go cause of his dislikes toward me... cause i was gaining respect for my work ethics...
Productive and fun place to work with and really feel accomplished
Breaker Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Missouri,Kansas cityNovember 1, 2018
Very good place to work I have no complaints I just had to start college and the schedule didn’t meet mine. Overall the work place was a great place to work to get her and learn from the best in NETA
Summery of job duties
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LASeptember 29, 2018
delt with technicians on a daily basis, delt with customers.wrote work orders, balanced books, input new work orders, handled payables, wrote reports for customers
Pros
dealing with techs
Cons
reports
There was always problems over there
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, UTSeptember 27, 2018
I was told my potential or my character wasn't in my work and I wasn't on the same page as everybody else, so the supervisor called and told me that he didn't want me to come to work anymore
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Breaks, just straight work
Family owned/Engineering management entrenched
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2018
I totally regret taking this job. I regret no interviewing well for the position of Engineer. The two engineers did not treat me very well and gave me a lesser title etc.
I have worked for similar companies in the past and the safety practices of their employees are sub-standard.
Pros
very little
Cons
Micro management, poor management style. sloppy and unorginized
Productive workplace and a fast pace to complete task daily.
Senior Pre-Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 22, 2018
A good place to work. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to excel your abilities this is the place. The workforce are contract employees and internal, both are good help.

Management is behind all decisions and all are thought through.

The Hardest part is the workforce and level of performance given from journeyman electricians. The construction crew handling the heavy steel are doing a great job.

The best part of my job is going home, the crew and all knowing you have done a great job without an incident. A job well done!
Pros
Plan your own schedule to match clients needs. Work at a good pace and be analyitical.
Cons
More days off, 3 week stretchs are long hours. Need at least 5 days off to get rest.
Stressful and over worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2018
All work and no play. Company tries to find a way to get the most work out of everyone, then tries to push it another 20%. Non stop travel with no regard for your personal life.
work was good, but too many family connections were bad
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
work was mostly good but i did not like the lack of experience in staff and the training systems for new hires that left new people without the proper oversight, and the safety training was very poor
Pros
on duty at all times and had to schedule a day of a month in advance
Cons
too much nepotism
Lack of direction from owner and management
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 15, 2018
I worked for this company for three months in a position that I was over qualified for. Having said that this is a work hard not smart company. Most of the employees are really young and don't play well with the older folks. Entirely unprofessional!
Pros
Nice Vehicles
Cons
Required to work from St. Louis office everyday
Terrible place to work if you have a family
Field Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2018
The only reason i learned alot is because i was thrown out into alot with no training and had to figure stuff out myself. also the management( ops manager in specific) at Chicago office sucks, doesnt know how to talk to people or treat his employees. No chance for advancement, the list goes on..
Pros
Cons
everything, too much travel, terrible training, etc.
Horrible Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Loved my role as an outside sales representative but the micromanaging and splitting sales credit with the managers didn't really appeal to me any longer. No commissions or bonuses for a job well done. No sales training, goals or real management for my role. The most negative and stressful work environment I've ever been associated with. Ideas and complaints fall on deaf ears.
Pros
Work vehicle for outside sales reps
Cons
No commissions or bonuses and lack of managerial skills
It was a job
Senior Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 22, 2017
Immediate supervisors and co-workers were great. Had a great work flow and comradery; close-knit family feel. Expectations from above seemed high. Work your tail off with little acknowledgement of job well done.
Excellent place to work
Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 25, 2017
If you like to travel, EPS is excellent place to work. Hours and benefits are good and opportunity to advance good if willing to be groomed at the management level
Busy when out on the road working.
Transformer Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2017
Busy when out on the road working. Enjoyed building the transformers. Was felt I was a driver for the first 6 months. Other than that I really enjoyed working for this company.
High stress position
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 19, 2017
Good company and work culture. However, very stressful position with some challenges regarding equipment and technician availability. There is no official training. You lean on the fly.
Good management, CEO saw my potential and shaped me.
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 25, 2017
Busy work days, good group of employees made the day go by fast, with usually a good sense of accomplishment. Worked with many; engineers, field supervisors, and laborers which I gained a lot of knowledge, from each craft in the trade.
Pros
worked up to 5 weeks vacation, had a great benefit package
Electeic
Black diamond electric (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CADecember 20, 2016
Wiring houses, apartments and buildings. Running 110 and 220. Hot check and safety inspections. Commercial and residential proprieties. Rewiring and replacing old and outdated systems.
Great family environment
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 17, 2016
I have never worked for a company before that was so family oriented. They care about the work life balance of their employees. They keep working to improve the company even more.
There are some really great people working here that are very talented.
Pros
Caring management
Cons
Need more people
Corporate empire no bonus structure bad management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 1, 2016
If you like a corporate atmosphere and enjoy not getting raises that correspond to the amount of money you bring in as a sales man, this is the job for you. Management will require more and more of you without giving bonuses on huge project you bring in. No training was offered to me over a two year period. Management is not available when you need them to sign off on quotes. STAY AWAY!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Regional director and his minion
Not very organized
Technician (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 26, 2016
Organization could improve significantly. The revolving door of employees in some locations was troubling. Seemed like the only way to get a decent raise was to threaten leaving the company.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Pay was a bit behind industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electric Power Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about