Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Perfect
Quality assurance analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2018
Love it HereI have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than a year). Lot of learning opportunities, get to work in the gaming industry. Software testing for Video Games is a good way to break into the industry.
Bad place to work
NOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 9, 2018
EA Sports is a division of Electronic Arts that develops and publishes sports video games. Formerly a marketing gimmick of Electronic Arts, in which they tried to imitate real-life sports networks
Cons
Fun work environment with advancement oppurtunities
CONTRACT QA TESTER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 7, 2018
Learned valuable skills used for bug detection in games/mobile apps in a fun, relaxed work environment. Friendly and informative co-works and team leads allow for expedited learning where applicable.
Exciting atmosphere of extremely talented artist committed to excellence
3D Animator/modeler (Former Employee) –  209 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City, CA 94065July 5, 2018
During my time working for EA I was involved in many different aspects of multiple exciting titles. I was given the opportunity to expand my skillset into multiple areas of expertise including: Modeling, Texturing, and Animation. I enjoyed my time spent there and would do it all over again if I could.
Pros
amazing facility, exciting titles, and latest technology.
Cons
Located in a very expensive part of the country which made raising a family difficult.
Very productive work place with a lot hardworking and fun people.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 24, 2018
Most work days consisted of adjusting the temperature/HVAC vents for at least one or more co-workers. LOL!!
The people were incredibly smart, fun and creative making it a pleasure to work with them. I always felt appreciated for my contribution.

I learned a lot about the gaming industry and how piracy impacts gaming and other industries. I learned that producing a quality video games takes months/years of planning, executing and testing. I witnessed the demands of the job sometimes take its toll on artists, programmers and testers.

The company management worked hard and played hard. They were dedicated leaders that walked beside their teams every step of the way.

The work place culture could be extremely stressful at times and an absolute blast!

The people and seeing the final product release.
Pros
One of the funnest work environments I've ever experienced.
Cons
Alpha dates could be brutally stressful.
Miserable work with deceptive hiring process
QA Tester-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 20, 2018
Working at EA is a lie. I was hired as a contractor and wasn't actually given the benefits I signed up for, and the company that hired us out as contractors provided none of the benefits I was expecting from EA, which were necessary for my health needs. I was forced into a position that I specifically said I didn't want and was unable to move until the end of the project, and was frequently criticized by my manager for my personal skills.
Pros
Casual dress, frequent voluntary overtime
Cons
Deceptive benefits, unstable employment, little opportunity for advancement
Loved my team! Each team has a different culture.
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2018
I spent 4 years at EA and for the most part I loved it. Each team has a different culture so be sure to ask about work life balance and team health within the unit you're considering joining. My business unit was a great place to be!
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Stress, Frequent org changes
A fun place to learn, grow and play. Fantastic benefits!
Real-time Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2018
EA is a great place to work. Their benefits are stellar (401k, employee stock purchase program). Also, the compensation is fair, but a bit lower than other companies in the same business (i.e. Apple). The campus is fantastic and includes massage rooms, a gym, an on-site cafe and much more. Leadership is positive and driven.
Ok.
Contractor Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2018
As a contractor, there were not many benefits to being employed under EA. Working for PRO Unlimited, we were given a different set of standards than actual Electronic Arts employees. This included less pay, and less health benefits. The company itself was wonderful to work at. It helped employees build communication skills as well as learn many different things about quality assurance.

This company is amazing when it comes to a stepping stone to a field in game development, or if you're just in need of some money. The learning curve isn't high, and the environment is excellent.
Pros
great environment
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAMay 26, 2018
The company overall is a fun and creative environment. Very enjoyable from a work life and balance. Learned many different skill sets that help me grow.
Great big company with great benefits
Sims 3 - Animation Director (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 17, 2018
EA is a great place to work especially when you're just starting out. It's not the most creative game company, but it always pushes for the best quality in everything it makes. Good work life balance, management is a bit stiff. Hardest part of the job is dealing with sometimes slow decision making. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to work with.
Pros
Great parties!
Fun lively environment
Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2018
Young, fun, fits well with the Austin culture. Opportunity for personal growth and development. Strong team collaboration and working on creating an inclusive work enviornment.
Pros
Fun and relaxed environment
Cons
Lacks structure
EA is a very good but demanding enviroment to work in
Supply Chain Order Management Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 12, 2018
My years at EA were spent in a fast paced and stressful enviroment. Management was fair and the benefits were decent. The digital world is limiting the people who have been in the company from the early days.
It is fun and relaxed working at EA
QA Tester - The Simpson (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 10, 2018
EA has a very relaxing working environment. Co-workers are fun to work with. This job require attention to detail to ensure the tasks are done correctly.
Can work in the comfort of my home
Game Tester (Current Employee) –  South Beloit, ILApril 5, 2018
I enjoyed being a tester for a big gaming company, I learned to take my job a step further and tackle problems in a much different ways to find glitches. Hardest part of the job is finding new things and ways to find problems. Most enjoyable part of the job is me playing in the comfort of my home playing a video game for a company I grew up with.
Pros
can work at home
Cons
No interactions with many people other than emailing
Perfect Company
Data Analyst (Student Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2018
They're committed to their employees' experience. Besides a challenging, engaging workplace, they believe in giving back to our local communities, reducing our environmental footprint, and helping to put safer drivers on their roads. Here’s what you’ll find working at EA.
It was alright
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 21, 2018
it was alright. I worked there only for a summer job while in school, but I wouldn't recommend it as a career job. The team leads would shout at the team for not reaching their bug quota. That wasn't fun.
Great Culture, Poor first line leadership
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAMarch 20, 2018
Upper Management was great. Clear vision and appreciation for employees. A great culture was created in my department.

My direct supervisor was terrible. She played favorites and did not have a grasp on what it meant to be a real leader.
Great place to work as a contractor
Business Analyst / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAMarch 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time there as a contractor. The team I worked with was looking to make a name for themselves, so they were motivated. The work was not necessarily challenging from a skills perspective, but was challenging from a pace perspective. I enjoyed the productivity.
Great place but very stressful at times
Senior Royalty Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 17, 2018
Typical day starts off fast. Each analyst was assigned a studio to manage over 500 contracts. It was day to day of calculations and entering journal entries. When new license or developer contracts came in, it had to be reviewed and escalate to corporate counsel of any questions or discrepancies regarding royalty structure.

Maintained royalty advance and amortization schedules. Performed much of month end process.. Management is good and each analyst worked independently with minimum supervision.

The hardest part of the job was the quarterly and annual audit by licensors which took about 1-2 weeks to complete in addition the daily job functions.

Most enjoyable part of job is all the great perks such as free gym, dry cleaning, cafe, free games, and the bonuses and stock options. It was very stressful at times but surely was well compensated.

Awesome place to work !
Pros
Free games, bonuses, premier movie showings, great amenities on campus
Cons
Long tiring hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Arts. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss