Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

EA is a video game company and as a technical support advisor you will have plenty of fun, but work it is still a call center.
Technical Support agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2018
Phone, email, and chat supported environment to help players back to enjoying their games. The tough times are when there are issues that are not able to be resolved upon a first contact. Management has gotten better about being pro active about helping fellow employees with a career path. Also the upper management seem to have a buy in to help with career development as well. The most enjoyable part for me is the events that EA has like launch parties with plenty of food and drinks for each game that comes out. The benefits are nice as well good health plans.
Pros
Health benefits, Gaming company, Company events
Cons
Call center, tough customers, It can be tough to move into the game development industry from this position
Committed To Great Employee and Customer Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 20, 2018
EA's commitment to a great employee and customer experience is evident in everything they do.

They start by genuinely listening to the voice of the customer/employee, digesting the information and making changes that create unique experience.

Working for a company who truly values your ideas, experience and suggestions is invaluable.
Beat place to be!!!
In Game Advisor • Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2018
Managment helps you adavance your career, relevant training to keep you up to date on changes. Fun and laid back atmosphere. Amazing place to be! Always a party happening
Pros
Cheap snacks. Half off merchandise
Cons
Cold
Only worth the experience to get you to another position
Compliance QA II -- PC Specialization (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70809August 3, 2018
To specify, this is for the Baton Rouge Testing Facility.

Get in, get your experience, and get out as fast as you can. This location does not offer professional growth.

At first this seems like the perfect job. You're working on video games but that's where the good qualities end.
First and foremost: This is a low cost facility.
The bulk of the work force is made up of contract testers that are forced to take a 3 month furlough after 12 months.
This means that after 12 months of work, you are unceremoniously laid off for three months. They are constantly trying to find more friendly ways of saying this but it doesn't make it any better.

Getting a full time position comes down to who you know, not how you perform. If your boss likes you? You may get a promotion.
This leads to an unhealthy and unfriendly environment where people are more concerned about sucking up and trying to befriend their leads instead of doing their job.

Zero job security or chances of promotion: Currently the location is not back filling any full time positions. If a full time employee is fired they back fill the position at one of their many foreign offices.

When questioned about opportunities for increased compensation, the management here has gone on record saying that their pay rates are competitive and that you're taking the pay they offer for the opportunity to work in the gaming environment. That is all the compensation they believe you deserve.
Pros
Get experience in the gaming industry
Cons
Everything else. Bad work environment, poor management, Contract work, HR cares about protecting themselves from being sued not about the employees
Great place to work.
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 2, 2018
I worked as a contractor for this company. I enjoyed every minute of working there. I was give lots of opportunity to learn things to advance my career. I will be looking forward to continuing my career with this awesome company.
Pros
Free Coffee Break Room
Great work life balance but no clear direction
User Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJuly 19, 2018
The company tries its best to move toward a more modern approach but lacks the execution and direction. Decisions are waterfalled down from exec level without instructions on impact and goals.
Okay Company
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 16, 2018
It was an alright company. only worked there for one contract term of 6 months or little less. Good environment with some decent people. not the greatest pay.
Perfect
Quality assurance analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2018
Love it HereI have been working at Electronic Arts full-time (More than a year). Lot of learning opportunities, get to work in the gaming industry. Software testing for Video Games is a good way to break into the industry.
Great vision
Social Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2018
The company is a leader in the gaming industry and changing the way we interact with video games. The company is driven to produce results and provides a substantial compensation package.
Bad place to work
NOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 9, 2018
EA Sports is a division of Electronic Arts that develops and publishes sports video games. Formerly a marketing gimmick of Electronic Arts, in which they tried to imitate real-life sports networks
Cons
Fun work environment with advancement oppurtunities
CONTRACT QA TESTER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 7, 2018
Learned valuable skills used for bug detection in games/mobile apps in a fun, relaxed work environment. Friendly and informative co-works and team leads allow for expedited learning where applicable.
Exciting atmosphere of extremely talented artist committed to excellence
3D Animator/modeler (Former Employee) –  209 Redwood Shores Pkwy, Redwood City, CA 94065July 5, 2018
During my time working for EA I was involved in many different aspects of multiple exciting titles. I was given the opportunity to expand my skillset into multiple areas of expertise including: Modeling, Texturing, and Animation. I enjoyed my time spent there and would do it all over again if I could.
Pros
amazing facility, exciting titles, and latest technology.
Cons
Located in a very expensive part of the country which made raising a family difficult.
Very productive work place with a lot hardworking and fun people.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 24, 2018
Most work days consisted of adjusting the temperature/HVAC vents for at least one or more co-workers. LOL!!
The people were incredibly smart, fun and creative making it a pleasure to work with them. I always felt appreciated for my contribution.

I learned a lot about the gaming industry and how piracy impacts gaming and other industries. I learned that producing a quality video games takes months/years of planning, executing and testing. I witnessed the demands of the job sometimes take its toll on artists, programmers and testers.

The company management worked hard and played hard. They were dedicated leaders that walked beside their teams every step of the way.

The work place culture could be extremely stressful at times and an absolute blast!

The people and seeing the final product release.
Pros
One of the funnest work environments I've ever experienced.
Cons
Alpha dates could be brutally stressful.
Miserable work with deceptive hiring process
QA Tester-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 20, 2018
Working at EA is a lie. I was hired as a contractor and wasn't actually given the benefits I signed up for, and the company that hired us out as contractors provided none of the benefits I was expecting from EA, which were necessary for my health needs. I was forced into a position that I specifically said I didn't want and was unable to move until the end of the project, and was frequently criticized by my manager for my personal skills.
Pros
Casual dress, frequent voluntary overtime
Cons
Deceptive benefits, unstable employment, little opportunity for advancement
Loved my team! Each team has a different culture.
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2018
I spent 4 years at EA and for the most part I loved it. Each team has a different culture so be sure to ask about work life balance and team health within the unit you're considering joining. My business unit was a great place to be!
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Stress, Frequent org changes
A fun place to learn, grow and play. Fantastic benefits!
Real-time Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2018
EA is a great place to work. Their benefits are stellar (401k, employee stock purchase program). Also, the compensation is fair, but a bit lower than other companies in the same business (i.e. Apple). The campus is fantastic and includes massage rooms, a gym, an on-site cafe and much more. Leadership is positive and driven.
Ok.
Contractor Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2018
As a contractor, there were not many benefits to being employed under EA. Working for PRO Unlimited, we were given a different set of standards than actual Electronic Arts employees. This included less pay, and less health benefits. The company itself was wonderful to work at. It helped employees build communication skills as well as learn many different things about quality assurance.

This company is amazing when it comes to a stepping stone to a field in game development, or if you're just in need of some money. The learning curve isn't high, and the environment is excellent.
Pros
great environment
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAMay 26, 2018
The company overall is a fun and creative environment. Very enjoyable from a work life and balance. Learned many different skill sets that help me grow.
Great big company with great benefits
Sims 3 - Animation Director (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 17, 2018
EA is a great place to work especially when you're just starting out. It's not the most creative game company, but it always pushes for the best quality in everything it makes. Good work life balance, management is a bit stiff. Hardest part of the job is dealing with sometimes slow decision making. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to work with.
Pros
Great parties!
Fun lively environment
Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2018
Young, fun, fits well with the Austin culture. Opportunity for personal growth and development. Strong team collaboration and working on creating an inclusive work enviornment.
Pros
Fun and relaxed environment
Cons
Lacks structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Arts. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.6Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.