Electronic Express

Electronic Express Employee Reviews

United States58 reviews
The job itself has a lot of coming and going employees, but the veteran employees who have been there 3+ years were great and very knowledgeable. Super helpful and nice to be around.
Good job
be exelent On each job

To be a good relationship with the people

Make good service panel’s
Management doesnt care about the lower teir employees. They wont have your back and if you get on their bad side you might as well start looking for another job. Whats expected of you is way more than what your told is required.
It’s a great place to work, until you get the bad end of the stick as one of the lowest stores in the company. Your management changes, and you get left with something you shouldn’t have to deal with.
The sales accosiate position is one of the best. Offering base pay plus commission and good hours. The people are nice and fun to work with and supportive.
Pros
Base pay plus commission. Good hours
Cons
No bereavement pay
They don't look out for delivery drivers. Underpaid and no appreciation. Work past clock out time and don't get paid .They lie to the customers. Overall its not a career job.
This is a company that has little to no growth opportunities. There is a serious lack of planning and structure, so there is no consistency. Expectations are constantly changing and there is no clear direction . This company is extremely hard to work for. Low Pay, No Raises , and No PTO. No Bereavement , No Human Resource Department. No benefits.
Pros
Several Locations
Cons
No PTO, No Benefits
This is a fun place to work, but the only benefits are the minimal health options required for a business to offer. Management is unorganized and unpredictable. Some days are fun and worth 12-hour shifts, and others are full of yelling from customers and/or managers. Hiring and promoting process should be more professional, because most managers are not trusted with actual managerial duties. All of the actual responsibilities sit on the district managers, buyers, and owners of the company. This company has grown a lot in the eyes of the public, but lower management should be offered a lot more for the 60+ hours worked every week of every month.
The environment was very laid back and not consistent. I was not pleased with the benefits or varying hours from week to week. Hours went from over 60 to around 36 working open to close 3 days a week. Not structured.
It is about 6 months I have been working with Electronic Express as an Accountant. I did work with accounts parables, receivables and collection. I did work with productive and professional people with a scene of help. They always been helpful in case of facing with any difficulty.
Employees are treated with the least amount of respect possible, the training is a joke and the organization and coordination of the management team is a mess.
Loved the experience that i had working at Electronic Express. Learned great leadership and gained viable knowledge for my future. I would definitely recommend this job as an entry level position to gain experience.
I was a former delivery driver for the Hixson location. You will work from 7 a.m. (if management showed up on time) to load your truck and get off work when the last stop is ran (whenever that was). Often times we drove 2 hours away, and had more than 10 stops including installation of merchandise and loading returns. During deliveries, you will need to unhinge front doors climb and descend steps with heavy appliances, unhook and reconnect dishwashers, remove and rehang microwaves, unhook and reconnect ovens, washers and dryers. They will send you out of town for training without reimbursement, that they promise, for food and gas. They will not pay you what you were hired on to make, usually less pay. The work life balance is terrible because you will work 12 to 16 hours a day and have to return the next day for another 12 to 16 hour shift. Doing this you will make decent money, but will never have time to spend it except on food while you are on the road and if you have a family forget seeing them. The managers could care less about you, as along as you took care of the company. They didn't mind lying to you in regards to limiting the amount of deliveries during long drives. Overall, if you like being used and abused then this may be for you, just never me again.
Pros
Cons
The company itself
Learned how to communicate and help customers thoroughly with the sales process.
Ability to learn a lot about electronics.

Calm and cool headed management that is extremely helpful and flexible.

Co-workers are extremely sweet, uplifting, and helpful.

Ability to make much more money depending on how well you sell. Commission based pay can be a huge benefit.
Pros
Good management, Amazing co-workers, Commission, Ability to learn
Cons
Short breaks, Short Lunch
I was employed by electronic express as the car audio installer. I spent my whole first cleaning up the audio install bay all by myself tons of extra parts good wireing kits rca jacks everywhere, also a fellow employee takes it upon himself to store his motorized vehicles and some other odds and ends in there takes up about a 1/4 of the bay. The background company some how messed up my background check it had two names and ssns on it you could clearly see that it was incorrect. i really dont see how it made it threw three or four people without anyone noticing it. also they neglected to call me and tell me they left me make the 30 minute drive up there then they told me. after i recieved this information i left the store to call the back ground agency and they clarified that it was the wrong information and fixed it and immediately email and mailed both me and electronic express a copy of FCRA and the fixed background check. i had to call the manager 2 times a day everday till saturday when he finally said HR said it cleared. I myself on the other hand recieved the email as soon as i left and recieved my copy of the background check on wednesday. why did it take them a week to fix it on their end and it took me about 30 minutes. After that i started work the other install guy had already left to go to another store. i know my way around car audio and video but i am not a professional which i explained to the manager he said that it would be fine and it was all preddy easy and self explanatory. when i started work no one was set to train me i had to ask other employees - more...
Pros
relaxed
Cons
managment
I have to fight for sales that were rightfully mine, Manager was incompetent and did not care for anyone having a hard time and dealing with things gave no cares. Employee discount is a joke bought an item and then its 25% cheaper a month later. No real health insurance just this joke one.
Not enough pay for what you have to do. Commission is great but it’s not busy enough to make decent money at this location. Very poor management skills. And if you’re female I don’t recommend working here.
Electronic Express is a good company to work for if you are straight out of high school and have little to no job experience. This is a good place to work if you want to build up your resume to help get other jobs in the future. It’s also a good place to work if you want to get sales knowledge to help with future jobs as well. Other than that, there isn’t a single other reason why anyone should ever work here. This review is an extremely honest and in depth look into the company that I wish I was told when I applied...

I was with the company for multiple years. I saw many, many, many changes within staff. Managers are constantly changing and employees come and go before you can even remember what their names were. The schedule is terrible. Working 12 hour shifts, usually back to back in the week. You very quickly get burnt out because of this. There’s a massive amount of what I call ‘extra work’ that you have to do on a weekly basis that doesn’t make very much sense once you do it. It’s the only job I’ve ever had where you could take maybe 8 things you do on a day to day and weekly basis, that can be completely eliminated and it wouldn’t affect your job at all. Some of these unnecessary ‘extra works’ are mandatory Saturday morning meetings every single week at 8am regardless of if you are scheduled to work that day or not. During that meeting, the exact same information is read off to you every single week. The upcoming ad and store numbers. Both, can be accessed at any time by any employee throughout the week freely. You are also given a product or multiple products every
 - more...
Cons
This company is a great company to work for if you are willing to put in the effort and are looking to advance. As a sales associate hours are typically flexible, and you can make good money, but you don't get good benefits until you move into management.
Pros
good pay, flexibile hours, advancement opportunity
Your enjoyment of this job really has to do with what you put into it. Electronic Express is a great place to work if you contribute towards a positive culture. I have always worked with great people. Advancement opportunities come up pretty often if you work hard and show interest. The toughest part of the job is dealing with rude customers.
Pays better than most jobs that can be had with little experience.
Excellent work culture

Work can be fun

Upper management difficult to work with when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Express. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
2.8
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
1.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight