Electronic Merchant Systems Employee Reviews

Good company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 28, 2018
fine to work for I just wished they would not of fired my manager so I could of stayed there longer That was the main problem and only problem that I ever had
it was fun
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 19, 2018
it was fun while it lasted. I am the type of person who doesnt like being trapped behind a desk, but with parties and the occasional city managers that would arrive it made it easier
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
management
Great call center enviroment
supervisor answering co-workers questions (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 25, 2018
As a installer for a credit – card processing company , I was responsible for installing deals for sales reps. I handled technical troubleshooting within an enterprise environment , including systems crashes, slow-downs and data recoveries for entire inventory. Engaged and tracked priority 1 issues, with responsibility for the timely documentation, escalation (if appropriate), resolution and closure of trouble ticket. Writing up service call and doing in house repairs. Worked in customer service in a high volume call center as a supervisor answering co-workers questions on the floor. Along with taking incoming phone calls from merchant with issuers with their statements, answering questions about transactions.
Don't consider this a permanent career
Installation and Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 8, 2018
This is an interesting company to work for if you're at the corp HQ. There are many depts, thereby allowing the opportunity for lateral movement to gain experience in different areas. One upside of working here is that most jobs are normal business hours, rarely involving evenings, weekends, or holidays. The downside is the low pay, poor middle management, and high turnover.
Pros
hour long lunches in most depts
Cons
high health insurance rates
Great Compamy for someone looking to gain account experience.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 12, 2018
Awesome environment with daily goal setting and deadlines. Management is very clear, uplifting and gives employees an extra boost to get the job completed.
Management had very little if any product knowledge
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2018
Management didn't have product knowledge, therefore no training was given on existing products or services.
No training on the needed paperwork for a sale.

What I learned - where I didn't want to work.
Cons
Lack of Management and Product Training
Strong Company-Great potential
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2018
Agressive Comp Plan for those individuals that are interested in sales and are not afraid to work. Company aggressively looking to grow and move into additional markets. Positive experience. If you want to work, grow, and make an extremely competitive income, this is a very good place to achieve that, especially with the growth expected.
Pros
Opportunity to grow professionally and financially-Leadership
outside account executive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJanuary 23, 2018
Rosemont Illinois sales office. Theyhired an inexperienced manager with anger issues, poor training and appointments are no shows. The pay is terrible. Manager will misrepresent pay structure. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time on this terrible company bc you'll go broke working here. Its very micromanaged. I couldn't breath without telling my whereabouts its horrible.
Pros
Cons
everything
Overall it was a very unprofessional enviroment
RHA (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2017
The pay was 10.50 a hour. My coworker was there for two years and receieved a .24 cent raise. The rest of the airport pays 12.00 a hour. You receive a 1% monthly incentive every other month. So basicially your getting 100 dollars from a 10,000 monthly sales that you made convincing customers to buy 400 dollar headphones and accessories all month. If you get one write up or warning your incentives get stopped for 90 days!!!! The worst company I've seen so far. And notice how they did not leave the hourly wage or the fact that its called Inmotion's Entertainment...
Pros
Great customers you get to build relationships with.
Cons
No Growth
data entry
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 8, 2017
EMS was also a very fast paced environment to work in but you work in a basement no windows very dull. Company shows favoritism within the groups. Health plan is minimal.
Not
Assistant District Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2017
If I'd know the culture of this place before applying, I would have never accepted the position. Very unorganized, no growth, high turnover, inadequate training materials and extremely low pay for the position.
On a steady decline
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  VANovember 2, 2017
The company is no longer growing and there is no room for advancement. I have not received an adjustment in wages in the past 5 years. There has also been little to no involvement by the CEO in recent years.
Pros
Staff and Excellent Manager
Cons
Wages, Benefits and Room for Advancement
good security. weekends off.
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 26, 2017
decent place to work for a temporary position. electronic merchant systems is a secure job that does have good benefits. good place to get started somewhere new.
Awful company fakes and snakes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 11, 2017
Never believe a word they say. This company has zero structure. Very old way of doing business, No one lasts, High turn-over from VPs to AEs. The culture is a fraud.
Out in Field most of the time, slow process in getting approval on commissions
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2017
Low Base Pay considering you are in the field majority of the time going door to door on Business to Business sales. Slow process in getting approvals to get paid on commission. Commission
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Slow process to getting approvals on deals to get commissions paid
Do your due diligence
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 30, 2017
Horrible place. Employees are considered criminals by management as they have cameras in every office because they do not trust anyone and you are considered guilty first.. The HR manager exists to get people fired. DO NOT trust her. Poor training, no leadership, zero vision and or communication from senior management. I worked in sales for over three years and we got no support from customer service in the land. This is a bad place folks. If you go there....watch your back. But don;t go there.
Pros
You get paid weekly which is nice
Cons
Leadership, customer service, Hr, I do not have enough room to continue.
VP of Sales, Operations and Business Development, (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 6, 2017
very competitive always changing goals and management due to growing pains at this time period... Definitely hard road warrior mentality along with evolving at the same time with each management change..
Stressful. If you aren't part of a clique you are by yourself
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 29, 2017
The training was non existent. Most of the people who work there have been there for over 10+ years so they are used to it. It's not the most welcoming place to work.
Pros
weekly paycheck
Cons
no career path.
Horrible
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
I'm trying to get out as soon as possible they are not about what they say. You have a weekly goal to make and the list they give you to call are all bad numbers then you get in trouble for not making appointments. When I was interviewed I was promised training from apartently who was once the "top telemarketer in the nation" but I only got about 5 mins of "training"and then was throw out to fend for myself mind you I have never worked for a telemarketing company or call center which I mentioned in the interview but they promised to give me proper training before throwing me out on my own.

This company is nothing but lies!!
good place
Set up appointments for sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 10, 2017
it was a good enviorment to work in the place had a great view and the people were nice the manager needed some work but overall it was a good place to do tsr

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Merchant Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7