Element Materials Technology Employee Reviews

A decent place to start
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 9, 2019
Good management and compensation, though a lengthy hiring process may affect those who need immediate employment. With the hiring situation as it is right now at this branch as of this review, job security is high but advancement or training in other departments is low.
Pros
good pay, steady work
Cons
micromanagement issues
Always opportunity for advancement
CR Level II Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 1, 2019
Great company that gives it's employees every opportunity to succeed. Learning is fast paced and there are new challenges with each part. How fast you advance is entirely up to the individual. This is my first NDT job after school and I was able to get certified as a CR level I and II in one year. The aerospace parts we inspect are complicated but with the proper attitude and willingness to learn and adapt, they can shot and read relatively smooth.
Not a very good place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Place does not care about quality. Testing is done wrong and when this is issue is brought up to management they brush it off. They do not like change in anyway. Stuck in their ways !
Cons
Good potential for top management, not for lower employees
Worker (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 25, 2019
The company is all about EBITDA. Have heard that managers and executives get big bonuses and stocks but lower employees we don't get any of that and pay is below market.

All we hear about from the bosses is that we have to make money and cut costs. Element is owned by an investment firm, so management is just waiting to sell the company or do IPO in a couple years and they will all retire rich.

The work is interesting most of the time, and most coworkers are friendly. Some coworkers are terrible and have a bad attitude, but have been employees for a long time so they don't get fired.

Good place to get a variety of experience, and move to a bigger company with better pay and better work environment.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
Some coworkers are losers but nobody does anything about it, pay is on the low side and hardly ever get raises
Would not recommend
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 20, 2019
Promotions are granted to kiss ups. HR rep talks freely about employees confidential information to other employees. Staffed so thin that there is no back up for any position. When an employee leaves, they are not replaced, instead their work load is dumped on another individual who is not qualified or certified for that work. Corporate management is only concerned about EBITA, and how much they will make once this entity is sold. Equipment is outdated, hobbled together. This company does not invest in replacing dated equipment. Only thing good about the St. Paul location is the overwhelmed and overworked co-workers who struggle through the doubled up workloads together.
Pros
Near major highways
Cons
One Element
Would not work here again
Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 16, 2019
The company is only interested in the process of creating value for the eventual sale of the organization. They have high turnover and inadequate staffing, causing highly capable individuals to waste time on foolish tasks. Example: wasting time and money of numerous people on redesigning pre-printed envelopes!
Not worth it
Senior Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHDecember 4, 2018
Poor management, poor pay, no advancement, doesn't look out for workers, inconvenient schedule changed often, no bonuses and poor pay raises, stressful environment.
Work sucked and so did the management
Electrical Test Engineer - Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 28, 2018
Everything and everyone at Element has alot to learn. The company bought another company just to run the employees into the ground. No room for growth and transferring to another department was frowned upon
Great company to work for.
UT Inspector (Current Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAOctober 18, 2018
I really enjoy working here, the only downfall for me is the length of time to commute to work from my home which is 3 or more hours per day to and from work.
Pros
Good work and good pay
Cons
Very relaxed environment, but pay and benefits not great.
Front Desk Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 11, 2018
Work load was either feast or famine, I did learn about working in an microbiology lab and hardest part of job were the funky smells when testing of samples was being done in the lab. I did enjoy the flexibility that Management allowed for family when needed.
Pros
Flexibility for personal situations and appointments
Cons
No vending machines and cleanliness was sometimes an issue
Over all not a bad place to work
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 8, 2018
Work armosphere is alright. Co workers are Great. The Management is very disconnected with the actual workers. The management is very hands off ,not alot of structure.
Pros
Great coworkers, very layed back
Cons
No room for growth
Aerospace Technician (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 14, 2018
Working for elements materials technology gave me unlimited opportunities of learning advancements and endless of new customers interactions. Great family work environment.
Good place to work at.
NDT Level 3 Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 12, 2018
I would recommend this company for anyone who is interested because from my experience I believe it is a good place to work at. If given the opportunity, it is a good place to expand on other NDT methods.
Pros
Learning opportunities for new methods.
Cons
Can be overwhelming.
Productive Workplace
Chemistry Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 4, 2018
A constant flow of work that helps the day go by fast. Co-workers are willing to help and inform you about the company practices. Parking is pretty bad at midday.
Management is Not to be Trusted
unknown (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 11, 2018
A typical day is work too hard, and not be appreciated. Most of the non-management employees are very nice to work with. But this place is not "team oriented"
Drab office, loud shop floor, interesting projects
Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 6, 2018
Although it did happen, there were not many days that had me bored throughout with menial tedious tasks that I had done over an over again.
Oftentimes each day would bring a new project from a different client, that would require communication with the client company's engineers and problem solving to meet the specifications of the test procedure. Overall the job was kept pretty interesting by the variety of work.
Pros
Work variety kept things fresh
Cons
Drab office- the place lacked color
Excellent company.
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2018
Very astute management. Insists on work/life balance. Promotes teamwork. Has high standards for professional atmosphere. Provides opportunities for advancement.
had a great time
Chemical Exposure Evaluation Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 19, 2018
I was a temp for a project in Winter 2015. It was a relaxing work environment and I genuinely enjoyed my time there. The position required little concentration and we were given wide latitude to listen to music or otherwise entertain ourselves while we worked. My only issues were that it was a very long bus ride from my apartment, and the other temps were lazy, rude, and flaky. All official employees of Element were friendly, supportive, and helpful. Even with the terrible commute I still loved going in there every day.
Pros
welcoming environment
Cons
very long commute
Fast paced company, fast growing company with great benefits
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 3, 2018
I worked for this company 9 1/2 years. Each year the company grew I had many more customers to handle. A typical day for me would making lots of collection calls, inputting information, trouble shooting, towards end of day I would finish all paperwork, filing and cleaning. I learned new accounting systems and functions because of the often changing of accounting systems. I learned how to teach with patience. Anyone new hired, I trained them. Management sincerely made efforts to improve employee skills to the employees who had the desire for improvement. The hardest part of my job was keeping up as the company was rapidly growing. I was one person trying to do a two person job. DSO was excellent the first 5 years. The last 4 and a half the company out grew me as one person, so it did drop below average of what the company wanted from time to time. The most enjoyable part of my job was coordinating the company events. I’m very creative, so I loved the outcome at the events. We always had a good time.
Pros
Extra bonuses, great benefits, every body always worked as a team
Dont expect a job if you mess up from being human !
Machinest (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 17, 2018
Hours are ok the people are good coworkers. Mgt needs classes on how to deal with mistakes .people are just trying to provide for there families !!! But everyone has a family life and sometime there is issues at home from someone sick to being in the hospital and having unexpected surgery .its called life . not at Element material . if you have an off day from lack of sleep or just a bad dark cloud over your head for what ever reason don't mess up a part and try to keep to yourself to work and stay focused but you can't because and older worker keeps distracting you and moving things on the machine your running . but you get all the blame and get terminated . most managers when you have a mistake will call you aside alone and ask what happened . not at Element they do it in front of other people and that. The person that basically caused all the part failure is standing there listening to your every word so you can't say anything or now your the shop snitch No Thanks .
Pros
Pay hours
Cons
Cant have a mistake, 2nd management does not pull you aside when making a mistake, . they get on you infront everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Element Materials Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight