Element Materials Technology Employee Reviews

Aerospace Technician (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 14, 2018
Working for elements materials technology gave me unlimited opportunities of learning advancements and endless of new customers interactions. Great family work environment.
Productive Workplace
Chemistry Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 4, 2018
A constant flow of work that helps the day go by fast. Co-workers are willing to help and inform you about the company practices. Parking is pretty bad at midday.
Management is Not to be Trusted
unknown (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 11, 2018
A typical day is work too hard, and not be appreciated. Most of the non-management employees are very nice to work with. But this place is not "team oriented"
Drab office, loud shop floor, interesting projects
Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 6, 2018
Although it did happen, there were not many days that had me bored throughout with menial tedious tasks that I had done over an over again.
Oftentimes each day would bring a new project from a different client, that would require communication with the client company's engineers and problem solving to meet the specifications of the test procedure. Overall the job was kept pretty interesting by the variety of work.
Pros
Work variety kept things fresh
Cons
Drab office- the place lacked color
Excellent company.
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2018
Very astute management. Insists on work/life balance. Promotes teamwork. Has high standards for professional atmosphere. Provides opportunities for advancement.
had a great time
Chemical Exposure Evaluation Technician (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 19, 2018
I was a temp for a project in Winter 2015. It was a relaxing work environment and I genuinely enjoyed my time there. The position required little concentration and we were given wide latitude to listen to music or otherwise entertain ourselves while we worked. My only issues were that it was a very long bus ride from my apartment, and the other temps were lazy, rude, and flaky. All official employees of Element were friendly, supportive, and helpful. Even with the terrible commute I still loved going in there every day.
Pros
welcoming environment
Cons
very long commute
Fast paced company, fast growing company with great benefits
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 3, 2018
I worked for this company 9 1/2 years. Each year the company grew I had many more customers to handle. A typical day for me would making lots of collection calls, inputting information, trouble shooting, towards end of day I would finish all paperwork, filing and cleaning. I learned new accounting systems and functions because of the often changing of accounting systems. I learned how to teach with patience. Anyone new hired, I trained them. Management sincerely made efforts to improve employee skills to the employees who had the desire for improvement. The hardest part of my job was keeping up as the company was rapidly growing. I was one person trying to do a two person job. DSO was excellent the first 5 years. The last 4 and a half the company out grew me as one person, so it did drop below average of what the company wanted from time to time. The most enjoyable part of my job was coordinating the company events. I’m very creative, so I loved the outcome at the events. We always had a good time.
Pros
Extra bonuses, great benefits, every body always worked as a team
Dont expect a job if you mess up from being human !
Machinest (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 17, 2018
Hours are ok the people are good coworkers. Mgt needs classes on how to deal with mistakes .people are just trying to provide for there families !!! But everyone has a family life and sometime there is issues at home from someone sick to being in the hospital and having unexpected surgery .its called life . not at Element material . if you have an off day from lack of sleep or just a bad dark cloud over your head for what ever reason don't mess up a part and try to keep to yourself to work and stay focused but you can't because and older worker keeps distracting you and moving things on the machine your running . but you get all the blame and get terminated . most managers when you have a mistake will call you aside alone and ask what happened . not at Element they do it in front of other people and that. The person that basically caused all the part failure is standing there listening to your every word so you can't say anything or now your the shop snitch No Thanks .
Pros
Pay hours
Cons
Cant have a mistake, 2nd management does not pull you aside when making a mistake, . they get on you infront everyone.
Dead end working here.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 3, 2018
Promise customers the moon tomorrow, then throw employees under the bus when things go sour. Hire NO ONE to replace several people that found better jobs & left. Take away your double time Sundays & shift premium. Wait a YEAR to get reimbursed for steel toes boots. NOT an exaggeration. Forget about your tuition reimbursement!!! Punch out for lunch even if you don't leave the building. Incompetent test quoting where the company loses or breaks even running tests. Straight time weekend if you took a vacay day or hliday during the week. Work BY YOURSELF on off shifts because they won't hire anybody. Watch other contact guys with alot less time than you get hired & you get lied to. Get less than a quarter raise every 2 or 3 years. Get lied to at raise time about it being retroactive. No training.
Pros
Your behind is always warm from the smoke they're blowing
Cons
See above
No manager in our department, unqualified supervisors, lied to about the job role
NDT Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAMarch 17, 2018
Just a warning for the rancho branch,
Get everything in writing,
hired as an NDT tech and was transfered to work with large acid tanks instead. We had no department manager for at least 6 months, others were also lied to about their position. Seemed like they were more interested in production and proper paperwork rather than advancing skill sets in their techs or quality of work. Many qualified techs left because management was bad. Not sure how many reputable aerospace companies post now hiring signs in the parking lot. Quarterly bonuses are gone, theyre now dependent on other branches' performance. If you really need a job, its probably not the worse one. But if there ever is a reason to unionize, rancho element is a good one. In my opinion, dont expect growth, development or support from qualified personel.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Short breaks, no growth, low morale
decent place to work for the most part
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 16, 2018
decent place to work for the most part. the people are great but little advancement opportunities though. upper management is too focused on their spreadsheets in my opinion.
Pros
people are great
Cons
little advancement opportunitiy
Very comfortable environment
Contract/Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 11, 2018
This was an excellent place of employment. Very even keeled and great peers. Very supportive, upbeat, fun, relaxing and generous pay. The benefits were very competitive.
Demoralizing, Disorganized, and just pure job Dissatisfaction
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 31, 2017
Lack of leadership and training. Backstabbing culture is the perfect description of the environment at Element , just as the previous reviewer stated. Business over people mentality. Your just a number.
Pros
no pros.
Very short term focus
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 23, 2017
Very short term focus, no training, upper management doesn't pay attention, back stabbing culture, unprofessional behavior, ownership only interested in flipping the company.
I have only been employed here for 2 months and am still in training.
Front Desk Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 28, 2017
I have only been with Element for 2 months so I am still in training and on an 8am-5pm M-F work schedule, but eventually will be expected to work 10-12 hour days and Saturdays. A typical day at work consists of meeting customer needs and working to fit their expectations, which may mean to work a longer than an 8 hour shift to accomplish that. The hardest part of this job is the learning of all of the different aspects of this position. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people that I work with, they are great.
Pros
Management is very flexible with appointments and family situations
Cons
no breaks and inconsistant lunch times due to the nature of client needs.
Internship
Fracture Mechanics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2017
Learned a lot was a great place to learn. Got to learn a lot about metallurgy and the manager allowed me to move around and learn what ever I was interested in.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Pay was not the greatest for full time engineers
New challengews
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77009November 5, 2017
Answered phones, handled new and established customers, created certifications once testing was complete, filed, mail, copied, faxed, meet with customers to review certs.
Wide range of experience
Technician (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 3, 2017
Company does not compensate well for skills, experience and performance. Experience a wide range of skills. Good work environment with some very nice people.
Pros
Always new things, never boring.
Cons
Poor compensation.
Nice place to work, good atmosphere
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 9, 2017
Have only been here 3 months but there seems to have been a consistent shortage of employees for the workload. The company is growing rapidly but additional employees are not being added.
It's an alright place to work for. You have to know the right people to advance.
CNC Grinder (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2017
The benefits are decent. The management is alright. The culture could be worked on a bit more. There are some people in positions that shouldn't be. The enviroment was to laid back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Element Materials Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight