Elements Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Work Hard, Play Hard
CBO (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 5, 2018
Elements continues to strive to provide a great workplace culture and takes the extra steps to do some kind of monthly activity to keep the energy up and allow all departments to be involved. Though Elements is dedicated to keeping the work life balance alive and truly believes that we can do it if we are all in it together.
Pros
Flexible, basic easy work
Cons
Disconnect between CBO and Facility, Ability to work from home Incentives
Cordial and ambient working environment
Senior Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 10, 2018
As part of team leading the initiatives to establish a centrally led procurement department i interact with colleagues across 16 different sites in nine different states. This is very possible due to the positive and collaborative work culture that exist between us at the corporate office and the facilities. The open space culture also helps to foster very good relationships and job collaboration.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that our efforts in reviewing cost and optimizing dollar spent have a direct impact on the financial stability of the business which also guarantees that the company keeps saving lives through its clinical services.
Supportive and collaborative environment
Sales Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 18, 2018
Elements was a wonderful place to work. I was brought on as a contractor to increase the sales force. My work was done, and unfortunately, there was a RIF and my boss and most of my department was laid off.
Pros
Collaborative and supportive environment
Cons
Lack of funds
Productive and fun workplace and they have a ping pong table.
IT (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 22, 2018
Excellent culture with solid leadership. Seems to be quite a bit of turnover while they restructure the direction of the company. Everyone is friendly and eager to help.
Pros
Vending machines are only a quarter.
Cons
High turnover rate.
Review
Intake and Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 5, 2018
A fast-paced environment to work, but I was able to learn a lot of great information. The people here are fun to work with but be ready to take a lot of calls over the phone.
Very good work environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 5, 2018
This company has a great overall culture. Working in their Corporate Headquarters, a sense of teamwork is in the atmosphere. Every employee, from the bottom to the top, is available and accessible to any questions that can improve your output as an employee. Everything about this company is top rate, although the size of the company may prohibit career growth depending on your profession.
Unethical, Extremely low morale, toxic work environment
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJanuary 4, 2018
The most unethical, toxic work environment I've ever worked in (in the mental health field for 20+ years). Primary focus is on keeping the beds full; very little support for clinical and support staff (as this should be a priority given the nature of the work); extremely unsanitary working conditions (rat infested--rats actually in patients mattresses, dead rats left in the walls, etc, etc, etc); Elements Behavioral Health, the parent company, is all about the bottom line - - the money. No doubt, CD treatment IS a business, but should not be at the expense of ethical, effective treatment. Needless to say, would not recommend this treatment center to ANYONE.
Pros
Wonderful clinical and RA staff--committed to making a difference.
Cons
Not sure I have to say much more...
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nunnelly, TNJanuary 2, 2018
great place to work, enthusiastic employees that are passionate about helping people in recovery, helping people through their journey on a day to day basis
Stressful work enviornment
Operational Excellence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 30, 2017
Due to change management, the employee relation suffered and became a very toxic environment to work. It was anxiety driven due to the lack of job security and ability to promote vertically. I was able to learn a lot only because of my supervisors and when it still felt like a mom and pop company because everyone was always willing to not only help each other out, but learn from one another. There was a lot of intelligent employees that were either let go or have ventured to a new chapter. Even though it was unpleasant, I can still say that I learned and grew from my experience there.
Poor benefits
Sr. Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Nunnelly, TNOctober 30, 2017
EBH was an admirable company that assisted many clients fight and conquer addiction. However, being a corporate company, the benefits packet was poor and very expensive. The corporate office did not encourage a work/homelife balance.
Pros
Helping people heal
Cons
poor benefits

Want to know more about Elements Behavioral Health?

Ask a question
Decent Place
Marketing (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 18, 2017
Loved this job until they became numbers focused and not client focused. Management was not stable and often there were many power struggles between hire-ups.
NOthing
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 16, 2017
Horrible company. Would not let my enemy even work for this company. I do not like the way they manage. HR doesn't do their job and doesn't care about the employees. It's a horrible place.
Very poorly managed.
Manager (Former Employee) –  TNOctober 8, 2017
Very poorly managed. Failure is imminent. Going public or selling to the highest bidder is their only goal. Producing a quality product and operating with general business ethics are low on management's list of priorities.
Quiet office, with some positive perks but many negative qualities
Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 30, 2017
I really enjoyed Elements Behavioral Health for the first couple of years I was here, however, the company took a turn for the worst at the end of 2016-present. The communication between departments hit rock bottom, most new strategies and practices were not communicated to departments leaving room for many errors that negatively impacted productivity. Raises were promised to employees for 2 years, and when they finally came through they were less than 2% for anyone that had waited over a year, if not more, for an increase. The benefit packages continuously degraded to the cheapest options for the company, the 401k options were taken away for most of my time at this job.
Pros
Decent benefits and most of the employees knew their daily duties without having to be micromanaged.
Cons
Raises were not discussed with employees before being entered into pay system. Lack of communication, Leadership did not sufficiently instruct departments on new changes in company or practices.
Heads in Beds
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 10, 2017
Growth is not always a good thing! as they continue to purchase Treatment facilities, quality care is diminishing... Under-staffed, absolutely zero advancements... possibly unethical billing procedures, in addition to over-priced treatment costs... Whether a client or an employee, this company is not worth your time or money. The brand 'Promises' is the only thing going for them and most people are staying with the company long enough to gain employment elsewhere. Call center is a complete mess and is very sales driven. Management is incompetent and anyone who has been with the company for over 10 years is locked in because they know where all the "bodies are buried" otherwise they would have been let go or quit long ago... Lets not get started with the Toxicology fees, which are never communicated to the clients and are billed at an outrageous amount!
Growing Business office
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 1, 2017
Overall it was a great place to work. I love my management, co-workers, and job that I performed. The company business office is still growing. They are still processed being created and implemented. Overall I think it's a great place to work. If I had not moved I would still be there.
Pros
free soft drinks, co-workers, management
Cons
pay
Fast Paced, High Turnover, Low Pay
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2017
This company is a managed care company where management views clients as "heads in the bed" and staff are not replaced when they leave. Client care was compromised for money and the paperwork was intolerable. Staff did not received raises for years and not appreciated by management. Pay is low. This company is not ethical and completely disorganized. When I was at Promises, most staff were looking for other jobs and turnover was very high.

The best part of the job was the clients.

I would not recommend this company for employment or for clients.
Pros
Clients, Location
Cons
Benefits are poor, Ineffective Senior Management, Unethical
Nice place to work
Utilization Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nunnelly, TNJune 18, 2017
This is an overall good place to work. M-F every other week-end. Pay is fairly competitive with other places They have had a big turn-over in the last six months which makes it very difficult to gain stability doing your job.
Communication and supervision
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMay 30, 2017
Supervision other than scheduling me as I had irregular hours was nonexistent after first two weeks. Never met with me face to face to review caseload. Almost all communication via email. Coworkers almost never talked to me other than at meetings.
When I had car trouble, I was shown how expendable I was. I eventually felt very isolated. Lots of layoffs when I first started.
Pros
Compensation was good.Supervisor polite, nice, justuninvolved. I was low on the priority list for him.
Provided a lot of growth
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 12, 2017
Allowed me to grow
Worked closely with insurance companies
Not micromanaged
Was able to move around
Good managers
Awesome co-workers
Fair
Good salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elements Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight